ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Beamer heat just a smokescreen?

Who knows, but if Ray hires a guy with zero coordinator experience and zero HC experience, he really needs to be fired. He doesn’t have the cache to take a chance at this point.

I know, Dabo was the same, but the AD at Clemson had spent several years getting to know him and had hired a number of winners in his past.

Who has Ray hired that turned out great?

I'd be surprised if it is Beamer. I really would be shocked. I just don't think he checks enough of the boxes for the reasons you gave.

Reactions: rogue cock
Is anyone really talking about Beamer as a candidate besides on here? Don’t see much elsewhere.

Who knows, but if Ray hires a guy with zero coordinator experience and zero HC experience, he really needs to be fired. He doesn’t have the cache to take a chance at this point.

I know, Dabo was the same, but the AD at Clemson had spent several years getting to know him and had hired a number of winners in his past.

Clemsun hired a candidate exactly like the one you described... he has done “pretty good”...

Beamer better not be the pick. I want a made guy, a head coach that has proven himself at another stop. Freeze should be the #1, Napier #2...make the deal with one of them Ray!
Freeze is a “made guy” alright... *motions towards the side of my nose as I say that...

Reactions: Blaken91
Beamer better not be the pick. I want a made guy, a head coach that has proven himself at another stop. Freeze should be the #1, Napier #2...make the deal with one of them Ray!
I'd switch the two. Napier #1. Just a weird feeling that Freeze would hold out for the Tennessee job (assuming Sankey would approve the hire) and play us a bit like Herman did.

I'd switch the two. Napier #1. Just a weird feeling that Freeze would hold out for the Tennessee job (assuming Sankey would approve the hire) and play us a bit like Herman did.
Sankey would not even let Saban hire him as a “consultant” just a few years ago.. why do people think he can be a HC again today? Not likely... what about the past 2-3 years makes people think this guy is suddenly not a lying, cheating POS?

Sankey would not even let Saban hire him as a “consultant” just a few years ago.. why do people think he can be a HC again today? Not likely... what about the past 2-3 years makes people think this guy is suddenly not a lying, cheating POS?

Not sure. Don't believe Sankey can legally stop it at this point....but we are not the type of program that can get by with crossing the Commissioner. Fulmer would do it just for the fun of it.

Not sure. Don't believe Sankey can legally stop it at this point....but we are not the type of program that can get by with crossing the Commissioner. Fulmer would do it just for the fun of it.
Kind of my point. Why push the envelope on something BAMA could not even get away with?? I just do not see anything about Freeze that says he is the guy we need to risk it all for..

Clemsun hired a candidate exactly like the one you described... he has done “pretty good”...

If you look at the situation though, it is completely different. Dabo was in the program, had been for 10 years. The AD knew him extremely well, they had worked together on many things. The AD was really high on Dabo.

This situation is completely different. Does Ray even know him? The way you lay it out, you can almost pick any candidate and use Dabo’s success as a reason to do so.

Obviously Dabo is the acception, not the rule.

The SEC has already said he can come back now. They basically wanted him gone for 2 years. Besides it is somewhat hypocritical by the SEC (and probably illegal) to keep Freeze out while LSU and Orgeron make a mockery of the NCAA and SEC rules.

Or has he emerged?

I'm not going to criticize fans for wanting Beamer. Fans are supposed to make inane, wild suggestions.

That noted, hiring Beamer as HC would be one of the most idiotic moves we've ever made, and that's saying something.

It's tough to win here. Small state. Clemson. SEC. Lack of history. Our candidates should demonstrate a proven head-coaching ability to do "more with less" and overcome long odds. That narrows the field a great deal.

Rolling the dice on Beamer with the blind hope that "he could be our Dabo" is not only imbecilic, it's reckless.

I'm not going to criticize fans for wanting Beamer. Fans are supposed to make inane, wild suggestions.

That noted, hiring Beamer as HC would be one of the most idiotic moves we've ever made, and that's saying something.

It's tough to win here. Small state. Clemson. SEC. Lack of history. Our candidates should demonstrate a proven head-coaching ability to do "more with less" and overcome long odds. That narrows the field a great deal.

Rolling the dice on Beamer with the blind hope that "he could be our Dabo" is not only imbecilic, it's reckless.

THAT is why it makes perfect sense! Its the garnet way. Stupid is as stupid does. That Ray Tanner is allowed to even sit in the same rooms through this hiring process is pathetic and absolutely ridiculous, but I wouldnt expect it to be any other way because, well...we are Carolina.

No offense intended, But I think that take is a little over the top. Should he be a HC at a smaller school as a first stop? Probably yes. But dude has been around a TON of football. Certainly he’s absorbed a LOT throughout those experiences. He has name-recognition and most certainly ample connections in the business. Now, I’m not necessarily sitting here advocating *for*, but I can see him being successful.
I don’t really have a favorite in this. Freeze, Napier, Beamer..... I’d be okay with any of those (even saw Neal Brown from WV pop up last night - and just googled and see where he and I have the same birthday - I have a favorite - lol!); somebody just build an exciting offense and win some games!

Reactions: Chanticleer37
No offense intended, But I think that take is a little over the top. Should he be a HC at a smaller school as a first stop? Probably yes. But dude has been around a TON of football. Certainly he’s absorbed a LOT throughout those experiences. He has name-recognition and most certainly ample connections in the business. Now, I’m not necessarily sitting here advocating *for*, but I can see him being successful.
I don’t really have a favorite in this. Freeze, Napier, Beamer..... I’d be okay with any of those (even saw Neal Brown from WV pop up last night - and just googled and see where he and I have the same birthday - I have a favorite - lol!); somebody just build an exciting offense and win some games!

No offense taken. I always appreciate your insight.

Reactions: 92Pony
The SEC has already said he can come back now. They basically wanted him gone for 2 years. Besides it is somewhat hypocritical by the SEC (and probably illegal) to keep Freeze out while LSU and Orgeron make a mockery of the NCAA and SEC rules.
I see no similarity between Freeze and Ed O, and I have not seen where the SEC ruled that Freeze is suddenly “fine” because some magical two year window expired.

I see no similarity between Freeze and Ed O, and I have not seen where the SEC ruled that Freeze is suddenly “fine” because some magical two year window expired.

Ed O and some of the LSU administration are coming under fire for apparently covering up players sexually assaulting women, particularly LSU students.

There was an article a couple of days ago discussing how it’s bad enough Ed should be fired.

Kingston will be good. Just watch.

Gonna bookmark this.

I want a made guy

sops303chrismade-cx-watch-b.jpg

That is a very rare lightning in a bottle scenario.

Dabo was on a short leash at a time when the rest of the ACC just fell apart. He couldn't beat his in state rival for 5 years, but was playing in conference championship games and BCS bowls. So he was allowed time to build the brand and hire better assistants along the way. Whoever we get has to play UGA, Auburn, Florida, UT and A&M in his first year. Mizzou and UK are capable of beating us as well. Not much of a grace period here.

Agree with this statement. Beamer is an extremely risky hire.

I will say that hiring Muschamp was even more idiotic. Think about this. We hired Steve Spurrier, a former Florida coach with a national title on his resume, who would take us to unprecedented heights. After Spurrier resigns, we then hire Will Muschamp, a former Florida coach who was fired from the program after four years. Not only that, Muschamp was also fired after the Gamecocks beat them in 2014 following a game where they literally grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory. You can't make this stuff up. What was Ray thinking?

Please Caslen, don't let Ray have the final decision!!!!

Dabo was on a short leash at a time when the rest of the ACC just fell apart. He couldn't beat his in state rival for 5 years, but was playing in conference championship games and BCS bowls. So he was allowed time to build the brand and hire better assistants along the way. Whoever we get has to play UGA, Auburn, Florida, UT and A&M in his first year. Mizzou and UK are capable of beating us as well. Not much of a grace period here.
Dead-on!

Reactions: TheReelEss

Has the SEC actually said that? Only thing I have read is that sportswriters believe that he wouldn't stand in the way. Which may be because Ole Miss is done with their bowl sanctions and probation.....but people forget they are still on scholarship reductions because of violations that occurred when Freeze was HC. Plus, their probation actually ends at the end of 2020. As I previously noted, I am not sure Sankey could legally stop it at this point, but not sure any one in our administration would go against his wishes.

My first choice would be Napier. However, I have no problem with Beamer... Its all about who you surround yourself with.. and I think with his name and connections, as well as understanding the SEC, he could find the right people and be a solid choice. And by all indications, he wants to be here...

Reactions: TheReelEss
News Flash.....
Caslen is playing nice with Diamond Dirt Dog Ray.......Caslen is making this hire and he has Mr Non Revenue washing his car......

News Flash.....
Caslen is playing nice with Diamond Dirt Dog Ray.......Caslen is making this hire and he has Mr Non Revenue washing his car......
Well....if we end up with Monken, you'll be right......and Carolina football fans will be listening to Taps.

Reactions: Lou219
News Flash.....
I think Caslen is certainly involved... It may be an over exaggeration to say he is “making this hire” but his MO indicates he absolutely will have a say in it..

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT