ADVERTISEMENT

It appeared to me that Boston was almost playing as

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
a guard in the first half. Totally different in the second half as she played under the net.

The incredible fouling that was going on that wasn't called was ridiculous. She and Saxon were continually hacked, bumped, slapped, and even thrown to the floor, but few were called.

My, my a liberal er, progressive school like Stanford puts female thugs on the WBB court? Yes . . . . .
obviously. Must be. My dear, sweet Christian wife was saying some not-so-nice things about the Stanford 'ladies' and their . . . coach! LOL!

It's a fine line with the Refs. I think I'd rather see a game like last night where they let them play rather than a whistle each trip up the court. As long as it's called evenly on both sides.

Reactions: TAV31
It's a fine line with the Refs. I think I'd rather see a game like last night where they let them play rather than a whistle each trip up the court. As long as it's called evenly on both sides.
Why is there only a choice of extremes? Why can't we expect a reasonably called game that calls hard fouls appropriately while letting the ticky tack touch fouls go?

The consensus of all other fan bases is that Stanford got a dose of home cooking by the refs.

I agree, as long as it's called consistent the whole game it's fine. After the 1st quarter the players knew what they could get away with. I think the worst thing is when they let the kids play loose, then the last 5 minutes of a game. They blow the whistle for every ticky tack foul. Last night the Refs were consistent the whole game.

The consensus of all other fan bases is that Stanford got a dose of home cooking by the refs.
How many of those other fan bases would be singing a different tune if their team was in Carolina's shoes? As far as Stanford goes when you live by the sword you die by the sword. They have certainly benefited over the years from "home cooking."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT