ADVERTISEMENT

It's Amazing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, the SEC is light-years ahead of the ACC in football 'top-to-bottom'. Head-up (once again) the ACC got whacked playing SEC schools in bowl games. Louisville beat an 8-win aTm team playing their 3rd-string QB (by less than a TD) while the ACC's bowl winners (OTHER than clemson) VA Tech and Duke both beat teams that finished the 2015 season 5-7. Big whoop.
Every other ACC team got clobbered.
clemson's good (WITH watson) ... they're right there with FSU, VA Tech, UNC and all the others in the ACC without him.
Watson could give 'Bama problems but it won't be nearly enough. clemson's gonna' get smacked.

Reactions: blsinsc and BigTomE
It's been a long time, but that isn't a true statement. In fact, Clemson has exactly as many wins all time against Alabama as South Carolina does.

Umm...I know reading comprehension is difficult for guys like you, but TRY TO KEEP UP!

"How has being in a weak conference helped the other teams who get demolished in their bowl games?"

I don't think Clem or FSU care about those other teams. Both of them are selfish and rightly so. They're in it to win it and they're doing it in a weaker conference. They're doing it smarter, not harder. I could care less about the SEC or any other team in it. Do you? Why?

I care about fame and fortune for Carolina in the most selfish isolationist way possible.

FSU wasn't a fool. And to this day Clem reaps the benefits of always having played in a weaker conference.

SEC allegiance? Nah. I'd rather have the opportunity on a regular basis to play for championships.

Let's look at this with a different angle for a second. I think we can all agree the SEC is a tougher football conference top to bottom. I think we can all also agree that the ACC is arguably either the toughest or second toughest basketball conference and is stronger top to bottom than the SEC. Do you feel Clemson basketball has any credibility because it plays in the ACC? Would most not consider it lunacy for Clemson basketball to claim they are a strong team because they lose to Duke and UNC yearly? Do you somehow feel Kentucky basketball is just not that strong because they don't play an ACC regular season?

The thing that baffles me (as a Clemson fan) is how strong and loyal the conference allegiance is on this board. I recognize the ACC is not as strong as the SEC in football, but I (along with all other Clemson fans I know) don't care. All I know is we play 1 game in just over a week and the winner is the undisputed champion. Only 2 teams can claim that. If you want to argue that we played an easier path to get there then I say great! We are still there and there is no conference affiliation that can change that.
There is something you don't understand tater head. Real gamecock fans aren't pulling for Bama because of conference loyalty...we are pulling for Bama because we hate that sorry ass team called clemmons. We hate every fiber of that crap college. We hate the smoke and mirrors they use to appear succesful. We hate that ugly ass orange you pumpkin bumpkins wear. We hate more than anything else Clemmons sorry sorry ass fans who forever run that mouth 365 days a year. Even when we were whipping that ass for 5 straight years y'all ran that mouth. If Satan himself crawled up from the depths of hell and played Clemson I'd pull for him too. This has nothing to do with conference loyalty. Do you understand?

"How has being in a weak conference helped the other teams who get demolished in their bowl games?"

I don't think Clem or FSU care about those other teams. Both of them are selfish and rightly so. They're in it to win it and they're doing it in a weaker conference. They're doing it smarter, not harder. I could care less about the SEC or any other team in it. Do you? Why?

I care about fame and fortune for Carolina in the most selfish isolationist way possible.

FSU wasn't a fool. And to this day Clem reaps the benefits of always having played in a weaker conference.

SEC allegiance? Nah. I'd rather have the opportunity on a regular basis to play for championships.

Yep Conference pride is for losers. I never pull for any of the other ACC teams in anything. I get zero satisfaction out of UNC or Duke doing well in Basketball.

There is something you don't understand tater head. Real gamecock fans aren't pulling for Bama because of conference loyalty...we are pulling for Bama because we hate that sorry ass team called clemmons. We hate every fiber of that crap college. We hate the smoke and mirrors they use to appear succesful. We hate that ugly ass orange you pumpkin bumpkins wear. We hate more than anything else Clemmons sorry sorry ass fans who forever run that mouth 365 days a year. Even when we were whipping that ass for 5 straight years y'all ran that mouth. If Satan himself crawled up from the depths of hell and played Clemson I'd pull for him too. This has nothing to do with conference loyalty. Do you understand?

Wow.... not healthy to have that much hatred in your heart.

It's been a long time, but that isn't a true statement. In fact, Clemson has exactly as many wins all time against Alabama as South Carolina does.

goat breath ... the poster said we beat a NUMBER 1 RANKED Alabama team - something clemson has NEVER DONE.

As far as our "same record" all-time against Alabama, well ... our 'identical' 3-12 records ain't ZACKLY "equal'.

clemson last beat 'Bama in 1905!!! - and is 0-12 since.

Since 2001 South Carolina's has won 3 out of 5 against 'Bama (ALL our wins are in the 'modern' era) - including that win over their then undefeated, No. 1 ranked defending National championship team the poster was eluding to.

MAN!!! The LAST TIME clemson beat Alabama Teddy Roosevelt was President and the team you beat the other day wasn't even a STATE yet!!! Some guy named Obama was President the last time we beat 'Bama - he still is.

Reactions: Pumpkinhead

Well, yes, of course we want CU to lose. We also like the extra money USC gets when the SEC does well in the bowl games as well as conference pride. But, most of all, ABC.

Reactions: Roosta05
Thanks to all of you many, many Clemson fans for coming over here to share your insights while deservedly gloating a bit. Please enjoy it while you can. Clemson will not have a very good year next year and Watson will come nowhere close to his level of play this year. Because your team has at least reached the NCG this season, most of you boys will be furious with old Dabo by this time next year. Excellent recruiting and coaching, a perfectly weak schedule and league, and a whole lot of fortuitousness, has given birth to your dream season in 2015-2016. Best wishes against Alabama, but regardless of what happens a week from Monday, get ready for the crash next year. So go ahead, I don't blame you, puff out your orange covered chests and come on this board to brag and crow.......just remember what I said about next season.

No, you're wrong. The official all-time records are USC 4-11 and Clempson 3-12.

3 wins...1900, 1904 & 1905 lmao.

Come on, the SEC is light-years ahead of the ACC in football 'top-to-bottom'. Head-up (once again) the ACC got whacked playing SEC schools in bowl games. Louisville beat an 8-win aTm team playing their 3rd-string QB (by less than a TD) while the ACC's bowl winners (OTHER than clemson) VA Tech and Duke both beat teams that finished the 2015 season 5-7. Big whoop.
Every other ACC team got clobbered.
clemson's good (WITH watson) ... they're right there with FSU, VA Tech, UNC and all the others in the ACC without him.
Watson could give 'Bama problems but it won't be nearly enough. clemson's gonna' get smacked.
Your weekly predictions of Clemson's demise will come true one of these days. You're 0-14 so far this year though. Maybe change it up and predict a Clemson win...you know, reverse psychology and whatnot.

Reactions: Steve1471
Wow.... not healthy to have that much hatred in your heart.
You're correct but any real gamecock fan who spends any meaningful amount of time around the average tater fans will gradually get filled with more and more hate for orange U. The hate you hear from me is a culmination of nearly 50 years of listening to tater mouths run. It is what it is.

Your weekly predictions of Clemson's demise will come true one of these days. You're 0-14 so far this year though. Maybe change it up and predict a Clemson win...you know, reverse psychology and whatnot.
So saith the flock.

How original. Keep getting more smarter by reading TI and taternet...sheep.

I'm continually amazed clemson players don't pass out the amount of dope they've got coursing through their systems; no way I'd EVER pick 'em to 'win'!!!

Rodney King had so much dope in him he was still flailing even after having been whacked two dozen times ... I've seen what out-of-control combatants can do to one another - it's certainly sustained clemson so far.
But this 'latest' drug-testing gig has planted fear in the hearts of tiger-snorters and unaided by mind-altering drugs when Alabama shows up and those wild-eyed tigers actually SEE what they're up against they're gonna fold like a cheap suit.

Alabama is gonna' stomp clemson - period. Watson will get in a 'few' licks ... but FAR "too few" to matter.

Reactions: funktavious
i
I'd rather Carolina play in the ACC and play for Championships than boast about playing in the toughest conference in the nation for not.

Never understood this backwards logic.

But it is what it is.
i would rather win 8 games a year in the sec than 10 in the acc. nothing is more exciting in the sports world of sports than sec football. not unless it is sec baseball

Mean while the SEC is rolling in bowl games. Just proves my point I bring up all the time. ACC is a joke of a conference. Just because Clemson is playing for a NC one year doesn't change the fact that conference blows.

I'm continually amazed clemson players don't pass out the amount of dope they've got coursing through their systems; no way I'd EVER pick 'em to 'win'!!!

Rodney King had so much dope in him he was still flailing even after having been whacked two dozen times ... I've seen what out-of-control combatants can do to one another - it's certainly sustained clemson so far.
But this 'latest' drug-testing gig has planted fear in the hearts of tiger-snorters and unaided by mind-altering drugs when Alabama shows up and those wild-eyed tigers actually SEE what they're up against they're gonna fold like a cheap suit.

Alabama is gonna' stomp clemson - period. Watson will get in a 'few' licks ... but FAR "too few" to matter.
You're worse than Corso. At least Corso gets some games right on rare occasions.. Do everyone here a favor and pick Clemson to win the game by 2-3 touchdowns and watch the tigers just get hit right in the mouth.

and yet as sorry as we were we lost by 5 points to the awesomest team in the history of organized sports! I posted this on another thread - CU put up 37 on USC and OK - we held them to fewer yards and gained more than OK - just think of the possibilities if we played in the BIG12 or if CU did. and don't say the CU didn't try that had at USC - they would have scored 100 if they could - but they couldn't and were lucky to have won period.
Only 37 this year but 100 next year. Keep talking about that 5 point loss.

Only 37 this year but 100 next year. Keep talking about that 5 point loss.
Keep dreaming about 100. Why will you be so much better next year? It's more likely Carolina will improve enough to find 6 more points than clemsux will score an additional 63 to get to 100. Hilarious.

Keep dreaming about 100. Why will you be so much better next year? It's more likely Carolina will improve enough to find 6 more points than clemsux will score an additional 63 to get to 100. Hilarious.
I think he's kidding, but yeah you're right that is far more likely. Clemson will be a lot better next season. I think it's obvious that we will as well. It's a long way off though. A million things can happen in 11 months.

I was kidding but we will be a better team next year. When you play 30 freshman and don't lose a whole lot then you will only be better. And we won't turn it over 3 times when we are going in to score.

I was kidding but we will be a better team next year. When you play 30 freshman and don't lose a whole lot then you will only be better. And we won't turn it over 3 times when we are going in to score.
Plus, you wont have the a c c refs. You seem to think you're the only team that will improve. You keep thinking that.

goat breath ... the poster said we beat a NUMBER 1 RANKED Alabama team - something clemson has NEVER DONE.

As far as our "same record" all-time against Alabama, well ... our 'identical' 3-12 records ain't ZACKLY "equal'.

clemson last beat 'Bama in 1905!!! - and is 0-12 since.

Since 2001 South Carolina's has won 3 out of 5 against 'Bama (ALL our wins are in the 'modern' era) - including that win over their then undefeated, No. 1 ranked defending National championship team the poster was eluding to.

MAN!!! The LAST TIME clemson beat Alabama Teddy Roosevelt was President and the team you beat the other day wasn't even a STATE yet!!! Some guy named Obama was President the last time we beat 'Bama - he still is.
Is there a trophy for that I can come see. I know you made some rings.

Is there a trophy for that I can come see. I know you made some rings.
I think there's a banner in dung valley for *co-champions, even though the real champion beat the snot out of clemsux. Or maybe you made a gravemarker and added it to the "graveyard"?

Lol I've thought this for awhile, but never said anything. FSU and Clemson might have the easiest road to the playoff in all of college football. Play 2-3 semi-difficult games a year, and cruise to double digit wins. Great chance at the playoff every season.
This is why a so called national champion in football will always be an in theory sort of thing. New system favors conferences with only a couple of good teams since that makes it so much easier to run the table. Clemson is a good team but they would have lost two or three times if they played in SEC west this year.

Yep Conference pride is for losers. I never pull for any of the other ACC teams in anything. I get zero satisfaction out of UNC or Duke doing well in Basketball.
Says the clemsux loser who's part of the a c c. How stupid would that be to chant "a c c"? Haha. The teams in the SEC love our great conference. Too bad yours sux.

Plus, you wont have the a c c refs. You seem to think you're the only team that will improve. You keep thinking that.[/QUOTE
This is why a so called national champion in football will always be an in theory sort of thing. New system favors conferences with only a couple of good teams since that makes it so much easier to run the table. Clemson is a good team but they would have lost two or three times if they played in SEC west this year.
And y'all would have gone 1-7 in the SEC West.

"i would rather win 8 games a year in the sec than 10 in the acc"

8 games a year and play in the tax slayer bowl rather than 10 a year and possibly be playing in the National Championship game? Makes zero sense.

Reactions: cornstock99
I'm not sure how that was a setup? Clemson has never beaten a number 1 team either during or at the end of any season while South Carolina has. That is a fact, not a twist.

That would be a much more impressive point if Clemson had never been #1 or finished a college football season as an undisputed #1.

Probably so but my point was you'd have lost some games if you played more tough teams. Currently you don't so it's possible that you or FSU can play for the national championship annually. Or at least until some other conference gets as weak as the ACC. Yawn.

You're counting a vacated win by Alabama as a win for South Carolina.
No, 1993 game was forfeited. The 2005 game was vacated but that doesn't count as a win.

But be proud of those wins in 1900, 1904 and 1905...and get ready for the next loss.

That would be a much more impressive point if Clemson had never been #1 or finished a college football season as an undisputed #1.
You Taters all cannot read, or are terribly insecure. I think it's the latter. A Clemson fan asked if either team has ever beaten a #1. That has absolutely nothing to do with who's finished 1, where the teams ultimately finish, etc. If you're this sensitive to things completely different from the topic, you probably don't need to be on your rivals board.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Yeah but they're playing in bowl games. We're losing to the Citadel and doing nothing but talking about Clemson. Hell I've been so bored this bowl season I've spend the majority of my time talking about what games I'm going to bet on. I just think Clemson and FSU have it made in terms of their path to winning championships. And not just in football. They compete in all sports except for basketball on a consistent basis.
There you go with that "WE" again. Come on man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT