ADVERTISEMENT

It's Amazing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your hatred towards all things orange. I used to be that way but as I have gotten older, I realize there is more to life than just this rivalry. Doesn't mean I don't like the jabbing and debates.

However, I wasn't tossing bait, just stating OK lost their bowl game by a significant margin...just like UNC, FSU and ND...but since you are biting, I will ask you this....has SC even ever beaten a #1 team?
Alabama

It's been a long time, but that isn't a true statement. In fact, Clemson has exactly as many wins all time against Alabama as South Carolina does.
Not when they were ranked number one you don't. Keep drinking the Cult of the Cow Kool-Aide.

No, 1993 game was forfeited. The 2005 game was vacated but that doesn't count as a win.

But be proud of those wins in 1900, 1904 and 1905...and get ready for the next loss.

However you want to parse it, South Carolina has beaten Alabama three times in the sport of football. If you want to count forfeits of games that you actually lost then feel free. Just clarifying.

Yeah but they're playing in bowl games. We're losing to the Citadel and doing nothing but talking about Clemson. Hell I've been so bored this bowl season I've spend the majority of my time talking about what games I'm going to bet on. I just think Clemson and FSU have it made in terms of their path to winning championships. And not just in football. They compete in all sports except for basketball on a consistent basis.
There you go with that "WE" again. Come on man.

Haha. He keeps trying & he keeps getting called out.

Says the clemsux loser who's part of the a c c. How stupid would that be to chant "a c c"? Haha. The teams in the SEC love our great conference. Too bad yours sux.

Chanting any conference name is stupid regardless.

Not sure why you have such trouble reading the ACC historically has been great at bball so it could be chanted there. I however take no pride in OTHER teams accomplishments. I pull for Clemson and that is it. I don't need to live through other teams. Win or lose I pull for one.

Not sure why you have such trouble reading the ACC historically has been great at bball so it could be chanted there. I however take no pride in OTHER teams accomplishments. I pull for Clemson and that is it. I don't need to live through other teams. Win or lose I pull for one.
So you really are bothered when UGA and USC chant SEC SEC SEC. Well good.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2

It's not living through other teams. SEC is the best football conference. The benefits of playing in packed stadiums with 80, 90, 100K fans is amazing. With our own network, it brings us national attention. Not to mention the financial payouts are amazing. I understand why you don't like your conference. Who would be proud of playing in the acc? But that doesn't mean others cant enjoy their conference. Especially if you're fortunate enough to be in the SEC.

[QUOTE="FirstAnd35, post: 1550289, member: 81296"]That would be a much more impressive point if Clemson had never been #1 or finished a college football season as an undisputed #1.[/QUOTE]

clemson was the CONSENSUS #1 in '81 NOT the 'UNDISPUTED ' #1 ... clemson played a 3-loss Nebraska team in the '81 Orange Bowl ... NOT any of the #1 - #2 or #3 teams (and still just BARELY beat 'em - by LESS than a TD).

FIVE different 'qualified/certified/approved/trophy-granting/licensed' 1981 ranking/rating services named someone OTHER THAN clemson as the 1981 national champion. The AP writers voted for clemson (and that vote was FAR from unanimous) - the NCAA has a deal with the AP ... thus clemson was 'recognized' as the CONSENSUS champion.

clemson has NEVER won a "UNDISPUTED" football championship.

And that ain't gonna' change.

Reactions: swatterac
[QUOTE="FirstAnd35, post: 1550289, member: 81296"]That would be a much more impressive point if Clemson had never been #1 or finished a college football season as an undisputed #1.

clemson was the CONSENSUS #1 in '81 NOT the 'UNDISPUTED ' #1 ... clemson played a 3-loss Nebraska team in the '81 Orange Bowl ... NOT any of the #1 - #2 or #3 teams (and still just BARELY beat 'em - by LESS than a TD).

FIVE different 'qualified/certified/approved/trophy-granting/licensed' 1981 ranking/rating services named someone OTHER THAN clemson as the 1981 national champion. The AP writers voted for clemson (and that vote was FAR from unanimous) - the NCAA has a deal with the AP ... thus clemson was 'recognized' as the CONSENSUS champion.

And that ain't gonna' change.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on one of your most ill-informed posts yet. That is quite an accomplishment with some of your previous whoppers. Five different "services" did not name someone other than Clemson National Champion. The NCAA has nor had any deal with the AP.

The NCAA makes note of four different services that recognized a champion in 1981 and they all selected Clemson. The definition of consensus.

http://www.ncaa.com/history/football/fbs

Then, in the world of anyone who can print a newsletter or make a webpage is a "service," 2 not 5 such groups named someone other than Clemson. The NCF named Clemson along with four other teams champion that year.
The NCF is a data service used by the College Football Data Warehouse. The Dunkel System, http://www.dunkelindex.com, is the lone organization (in a world where Kentucky claims more National Championships that South Carolina conference championships) to name someone other than Clemson a champion that year.

So, the poster you responded to may be slightly ill-informed to say "undisputed" but you are equally wrong that Clemson wasn't a consensus champion and then you're just making stuff up. And not being "undisputed" is not significant considering that there are few undisputed champions pre-BCS and even in the last ten seasons there are only five such champions.

Reactions: cutiger55
However you want to parse it, South Carolina has beaten Alabama three times in the sport of football. If you want to count forfeits of games that you actually lost then feel free. Just clarifying.
And just to clarify for you, the forfeir is in the record books as a USC win. What's more ridiculous...me counting it as a win as it is recorded or you going back over a hundred years when your grandparents were still pooping green? Think about it this way, a hundred years from now when anyone is looking back at the USC/Bama all time record do you think they'll know one was a forfeit?
Doubtful.

In my lifetime USC is 4-4...or 3-4 without the forfeit...and CU is 0-6. And soon to be 0-7 because by tater logic, history matters.

Well even though the forfeit is in the record books as a win for USC, what's more ridiculous...me counting it as a win or you going back over a hundred years when your grandparents were still pooping green?

In my lifetime USC is 4-4...or 3-4 without the forfeit...and CU is 0-6. And soon to be 0-7 because by tater logic, history matters.

I'm just trying to clarify facts. Some sources count forfeits as wins, others don't. Kind of says something about Alabama that 1/3 of your games against them since 1993 were voided by the NCAA.

I'm just trying to clarify facts. Some sources count forfeits as wins, others don't. Kind of says something about Alabama that 1/3 of your games against them since 1993 were voided by the NCAA.
Yeah, like your teams one championship.
And just to clarify...2 out of 8 isn't 1/3.

It's not living through other teams. SEC is the best football conference. The benefits of playing in packed stadiums with 80, 90, 100K fans is amazing. With our own network, it brings us national attention. Not to mention the financial payouts are amazing. I understand why you don't like your conference. Who would be proud of playing in the acc? But that doesn't mean others cant enjoy their conference. Especially if you're fortunate enough to be in the SEC.

What exactly are the benefits you are reaping? It is not translating to wins and championships. Clemson may only play in front of 30k for some games but we just played in front of millions in the orange bowl and will play in front of more on the 11th. Your conference benefits had you sitting at home rooting for other teams.

You are correct that you received national attention this year, but it was because your HOF coach quit mid-season. Meanwhile, your "hick school" rival received national attention for going 14-0 and wire to wire as the #1 ranked team in the football playoff rankings, has the national coach of the year, and sent a player to NY as a Heisman finalist. Who do you really feel received the best national attention this year?

I'd rather Carolina play in the ACC and play for Championships than boast about playing in the toughest conference in the nation for not.

Never understood this backwards logic.

But it is what it is.

The quality of opponents is very important to the fans.

Yeah, like your teams one championship.
And just to clarify...2 out of 8 isn't 1/3.
Sorry, you are right. The website that clarified why Alabama has to vacate or forfeit all those hard earned wins was only updated through 2009. I wonder how many of this decades wins will still be intact next decade?

The quality of opponents is very important to the fans.

So you would rather lose to an SEC team every week instead of going undefeated and playing in the national championship?

Also, of the 8 SEC teams that won bowl games, you only played 3 of them and you lost to all 3.

Reactions: EssoClub2
Sorry, you are right. The website that clarified why Alabama has to vacate or forfeit all those hard earned wins was only updated through 2009. I wonder how many of this decades wins will still be intact next decade?
lmao...sounds like you're hoping for a back-up plan!

"The benefits are amazing"....

You were 3-9 this year. What benefits? The ability to claim other teams wins as your own?

Reactions: EssoClub2

Congrats on one of your most ill-informed posts yet. That is quite an accomplishment with some of your previous whoppers. Five different "services" did not name someone other than Clemson National Champion. The NCAA has nor had any deal with the AP.

The NCAA makes note of four different services that recognized a champion in 1981 and they all selected Clemson. The definition of consensus.

Then, in the world of anyone who can print a newsletter or make a webpage is a "service," 2 not 5 such groups named someone other than Clemson. The NCF named Clemson along with four other teams champion that year.
The NCF is a data service used by the College Football Data Warehouse. The Dunkel System, http://www.dunkelindex.com, is the lone organization (in a world where Kentucky claims more National Championships that South Carolina conference championships) to name someone other than Clemson a champion that year.

So, the poster you responded to may be slightly ill-informed to say "undisputed" but you are equally wrong that Clemson wasn't a consensus champion and then you're just making stuff up. And not being "undisputed" is not significant considering that there are few undisputed champions pre-BCS and even in the last ten seasons there are only five such champions.[/QUOTE]

So, the poster you responded to may be slightly ill-informed to say "undisputed" but you are equally wrong that Clemson wasn't a consensus champion and then you're just making stuff up. And not being "undisputed" is not significant considering that there are few undisputed champions pre-BCS and even in the last ten seasons there are only five such champions.[/QUOTE]
Then you were hit with over 150 Major violations. Anybody could win a Championship with the rules yall broke!

What exactly are the benefits you are reaping? It is not translating to wins and championships. Clemson may only play in front of 30k for some games but we just played in front of millions in the orange bowl and will play in front of more on the 11th. Your conference benefits had you sitting at home rooting for other teams.

You are correct that you received national attention this year, but it was because your HOF coach quit mid-season. Meanwhile, your "hick school" rival received national attention for going 14-0 and wire to wire as the #1 ranked team in the football playoff rankings, has the national coach of the year, and sent a player to NY as a Heisman finalist. Who do you really feel received the best national attention this year?
Have youAsk the player or fans how much fun it is playing in front of 30K or 100K.
"The benefits are amazing"....

You were 3-9 this year. What benefits? The ability to claim other teams wins as your own?
Haha. So now clemsux fans are living in just this year? But clemsux are history experts! You've been lucky this year, but you wont be able to do that every year. There's a reason your school's name is a term for losing. You'll be #clemsuxing soon enough. Haha.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Have youAsk the player or fans how much fun it is playing in front of 30K or 100K.

Haha. So now clemsux fans are living in just this year? But clemsux are history experts! You've been lucky this year, but you wont be able to do that every year. There's a reason your school's name is a term for losing. You'll be #clemsuxing soon enough. Haha.
I'm afraid they won't be Clempsoning because Bama is favored by 7.

But they're still gonna get their butts handed to em!

I'm afraid they won't be Clempsoning because Bama is favored by 7.

But they're still gonna get their butts handed to em!
I wasn't referring to this year. They wont play an overrated ND team every year. The committee wont be able to use their amazing "strength of schedule" to anoint them #1. Their luck will run out & they'll be back to #clemsuxing.

Last edited:

Well you could ask the 2 five star commits we have for next year or the 8 four star players. They don't seem to mind. Then you can ask all your 5 star commits if the would rather go 3-9 playing in big stadiums or be competing for a national championship.

Let's look at this with a different angle for a second. I think we can all agree the SEC is a tougher football conference top to bottom. I think we can all also agree that the ACC is arguably either the toughest or second toughest basketball conference and is stronger top to bottom than the SEC. Do you feel Clemson basketball has any credibility because it plays in the ACC? Would most not consider it lunacy for Clemson basketball to claim they are a strong team because they lose to Duke and UNC yearly? Do you somehow feel Kentucky basketball is just not that strong because they don't play an ACC regular season?

The thing that baffles me (as a Clemson fan) is how strong and loyal the conference allegiance is on this board. I recognize the ACC is not as strong as the SEC in football, but I (along with all other Clemson fans I know) don't care. All I know is we play 1 game in just over a week and the winner is the undisputed champion. Only 2 teams can claim that. If you want to argue that we played an easier path to get there then I say great! We are still there and there is no conference affiliation that can change that.

Damn! I had to read through an entire paragraph and into the second to discover a Tater and his drivel about Tillman Tech. Look! Why do you CARE what we think? You're not going to change ANYTHING re: the opinions of Carolina fans about Clem and how he got to the Big One. It is what it is.

3046009-poster-p-this-insane-ping-pong-rally-will-make-you-sweat-scream-grab-a-paddle.gif

Reactions: 5pointsalum16
Well you could ask the 2 five star commits we have for next year or the 8 four star players. They don't seem to mind. Then you can ask all your 5 star commits if the would rather go 3-9 playing in big stadiums or be competing for a national championship.

You obviously come to this board to try to stir up trouble, just like your fellow taters.

A lot of stadiums are full when Clemson plays bc that is their biggest game of the year. And it is always sold out or nearly sold out when we play at home. Let's see 7 home games. 75,000 averaged or home games. 5 road games - NC State, Miami, Louisville, Syracuse, South Carolina. 4 out of the 5 were close to being sold out or it was a sellout. I know that NC State, Louisville, and the South Carolina games were sold out. The acc championship was a sellout. The semifinal game v. Oklahoma was a sellout. And of course the National Championship will be a sellout. So where do you get this playing in front of 30K people stuff? Seems to me we played in front of some great crowds.[/QUOTE]

A lot of stadiums are full when Clemson plays bc that is their biggest game of the year. And it is always sold out or nearly sold out when we play at home. Let's see 7 home games. 75,000 averaged or home games. 5 road games - NC State, Miami, Louisville, Syracuse, South Carolina. 4 out of the 5 were close to being sold out or it was a sellout. I know that NC State, Louisville, and the South Carolina games were sold out. The acc championship was a sellout. The semifinal game v. Oklahoma was a sellout. And of course the National Championship will be a sellout. So where do you get this playing in front of 30K people stuff? Seems to me we played in front of some great crowds.
We're talking conference, but nice try adding your rival, bowl and national champ game to the equation to boost your numbers. This year's a c c champ game was even on Groupon. Except for a couple, the attendance at acc football game is pitiful. They're a basketball conference.

And since you brought up bowl games, clemsux are fair weathered fans. The belk bowl a few years ago was dismal. Empty seats everywhere. It's because clemsux didn't win every game. Ya'll are only "all in" if you're winning. Pouty bunch if you lose. Same thing with merchandise. Clemsux only buys if they're doing well. If they lose, sales drop.

Last edited:
The original question was, "ask your players how much fun it is to play in front of 30K or 100K." My response is we don't play in front of 30K because we are everybody's big game the last 4 years. Seriously go back and look at our schedule and tell me how many games were there just 30K people or less to watch a Clemson football game. Most of the times the stadiums are packed when we play.

We're talking conference, but nice try adding your rival, bowl and national champ game to the equation to boost your numbers. This year's a c c champ game was even on Groupon. Except for a couple, the attendance at acc football game is pitiful. They're a basketball conference.

And since you brought up bowl games, clemsux are fair weathered fans. The belk bowl a few years ago was dismal. Empty seats everywhere. It's because clemsux didn't win every game. Ya'll are only "all in" if you're winning. Pouty bunch if you lose. Same thing with merchandise. Clemsux only buys if they're doing good. If they lose, sales drop.

There were a lot of tater flags replaced by Gamecock Flags when we were doing that five in a row thing. Lots of loyal taters out there. Lol

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2

And since you brought up bowl games, clemsux are fair weathered fans. The belk bowl a few years ago was dismal. Empty seats everywhere. It's because clemsux didn't win every game. Ya'll are only "all in" if you're winning. Pouty bunch if you lose. Same thing with merchandise. Clemsux only buys if they're doing good. If they lose, sales drop.

Your bowl game last year was also not very well attended...

Just as a comparison the Care Care bowl in which we were 6-6 going into it had 41k official attendance

Your bowl last year where you were 6-6 had 38k official

You are delusional if you think you have no fair weather fans.

There were a lot of tater flags replaced by Gamecock Flags when we were doing that five in a row thing. Lots of loyal taters out there. Lol

You are aware that means they arent loyal gamecocks either right and you just made the case that your fan base is also full of fair weather fans.

Reactions: cornstock99
Your bowl game last year was also not very well attended...

Just as a comparison the Care Care bowl in which we were 6-6 going into it had 41k official attendance

Your bowl last year where you were 6-6 had 38k official

You are delusional if you think you have no fair weather fans.
clemsux is the definition of delusional. Your bowl game was in charlotte. 2 hours form pickens. Our game was in LA.

There weren't 41K fans in Charlotte. This was even after clemsux started a fax & email campaign begging the bowl to pick clemsux, then ya'll didn't even show up. Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT