ADVERTISEMENT

It's Amazing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell 'em Upstate! You, SS1, and the like are the only true gamecocks I see around here.

Life is Beautiful
hey, 5points & tomtrix & about a dozen other names. Got banned again, huh? Joined today w/ 5 posts. You'll be gone soon enough.

Sorry it makes you made when I call clemsux on their crap. Actually, I'm not.

Have fun, loser!

The stat that tells it all.

Clemson Senior class- 7 career losses
SCar Freshman class - 9 career losses

2 of the 7 losses were to SCar. The two greatest teams on SCar history? I will let you guys decide.

You are aware that means they arent loyal gamecocks either right and you just made the case that your fan base is also full of fair weather fans.

No no. I'm talking about long time taters. After the first two years of losing, they flew their flags only occasionally. After five years, not only did they stop with the tater flags, they flew Gamecock flags until this season. I have never known a Gamecock switching to Klemzun. Never!

You Taters all cannot read, or are terribly insecure. I think it's the latter. A Clemson fan asked if either team has ever beaten a #1. That has absolutely nothing to do with who's finished 1, where the teams ultimately finish, etc. If you're this sensitive to things completely different from the topic, you probably don't need to be on your rivals board.

I value BEING the #1 team over BEATING the #1 team.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so you could well see it the other way around. I can't tell you you're wrong.

To my knowledge, Clemson has never lost a game while being ranked #1. In my corner, that's something to be proud of. Beating the #1 team is also something to be proud of.

The stat that tells it all.

Clemson Senior class- 7 career losses
SCar Freshman class - 9 career losses

2 of the 7 losses were to SCar. The two greatest teams on SCar history? I will let you guys decide.
5 year beat down in a row? when clemsux was winning 11 games, but losing to Carolina?

I would let you decide, but you obviously aren't capable of deducing a logical conclusion.

No no. I'm talking about long time taters. After the first two years of losing, they flew their flags only occasionally. After five years, not only did they stop with the tater flags, they flew Gamecock flags until this season. I have never known a Gamecock switching to Klemzun. Never!

This is a ridiculous comment. There is no true fan of either team that has "switched" sides when one team was doing better. We both have passionate fan bases. We both have loyal fan bases and both team's fans travel well (even in down years). I think its very fair to say that the Clemson fans we all know have always been Clemson fans and the Carolina fans that we all know have always been Carolina fans. If you actually know people that switched allegiances, then they are not fans of either team and neither of us would claim them.

Reactions: cornstock99
I value BEING the #1 team over BEATING the #1 team.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so you could well see it the other way around. I can't tell you you're wrong.

To my knowledge, Clemson has never lost a game while being ranked #1. In my corner, that's something to be proud of. Beating the #1 team is also something to be proud of.
Again, who in their right mind has disputed being ranked 1 isn't a great accomplishment? The question was had either ever beaten a number one. I'm glad you're happy with Clemsons ranking but it has absolutely nothing to do with the original question asked (by a Clemson fan) so I really don't understand why you keep bringing up something irrelevant to the question that was asked trying to make some separate point?

This is a ridiculous comment. There is no true fan of either team that has "switched" sides when one team was doing better. We both have passionate fan bases. We both have loyal fan bases and both team's fans travel well (even in down years). I think its very fair to say that the Clemson fans we all know have always been Clemson fans and the Carolina fans that we all know have always been Carolina fans. If you actually know people that switched allegiances, then they are not fans of either team and neither of us would claim them.

Not true. I know of no Gamecock fans that have switched allegiance from Carolina to klem. I know of several who have switched to Carolina from klem.

"Then you were hit with over 150 Major violations."

Where does this number come from?? I have looked over and over and the only number I find is 70 and then no article I have read tells how many were major and how many were minor.

Direct quote from LA times: "The NCAA slapped Clemson with two years' probation in November, 1982, for 70 violations that occurred between 1976 and 1982 under coaches Charlie Pell and Danny Ford, who was named head coach in December, 1978."

H

Where does this number come from?? I have looked over and over and the only number I find is 70 and then no article I have read tells how many were major and how many were minor.

Direct quote from LA times: "The NCAA slapped Clemson with two years' probation in November, 1982, for 70 violations that occurred between 1976 and 1982 under coaches Charlie Pell and Danny Ford, who was named head coach in December, 1978."
Here you go. Over 150 violations.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=V6UEAAAAIBAJ&pg=7033,5722767&hl=en

We're talking conference, but nice try adding your rival, bowl and national champ game to the equation to boost your numbers. This year's a c c champ game was even on Groupon. Except for a couple, the attendance at acc football game is pitiful. They're a basketball conference.

And since you brought up bowl games, clemsux are fair weathered fans. The belk bowl a few years ago was dismal. Empty seats everywhere. It's because clemsux didn't win every game. Ya'll are only "all in" if you're winning. Pouty bunch if you lose. Same thing with merchandise. Clemsux only buys if they're doing good. If they lose, sales drop.
Even to try and compare the ACC Crowd excitement and pageantry and the SEC's is telling as to the crap you buy into

Explaining what we could find out about Clemson Tigers football. ... Over 150 documented violations were found to have been committed under NCAA bylaws in the categories of ..... NCAA Public Infraction Report; 1982-11-29. ... Chicago Sun-Times, 1990-12-30. http://www.nytimes.com/1993/11/25/sports/sports-people

Cu,

When did you start posting on this forum, and why?

A few years ago. I don't post often. I go to the forum for whoever Clemson is playing each week and get a feel for the mood/expectations for the game, what players to watch for, etc. Sometimes I'll post if I think I can add something but many times I just read the comments. I check out Miami's site more often because I live in South Florida now and have a lot of friends that are big Miami fans. I also check out this site more often because I grew up in South Carolina, have a lot of friends and family that are Carolina fans and obviously Carolina is Clemson's biggest rival. I mainly use the forums to keep up with the teams that interest me. I love college football and the forums are entertaining. I check them out approximately once a week.

On November 21, 1982, the football program was placed on probation for a 2-year period to include the 1983 and 1984 seasons. This sanction was enforced on the program by the NCAA Committee on Infractions due to a lengthy history of recruiting violations meant to gain an athletic advantage. These recruiting violations took place from 1977 through the Tigers' 1981 National Championship season and into 1982, under the administration of two head coaches, Charlie Pell and Danny Ford. The Atlantic Coast Conference imposed a third year of conference penalty.

Over 150 documented violations were found to have been committed under NCAA bylaws in the categories of improper recruiting inducements, extra benefits to student-athletes, unethical conduct, improper financial aid, improper campus visits, improper transportation and entertainment, improper use of funds, improper employment, improper recruiting contact, and distribution of cash to players by members of the coaching staff.[9]

As a result of these violations, Clemson was barred from participating in bowl games following the 1982 and 1983 seasons, and barred from appearing on live television in the 1983 and 1984 seasons. Also, the number of scholarships that the university could allocate to football players was restricted to 20 (from the normal limit of 30) for the 1983-84 and 1984-85 academic years. The Tigers, however, were allowed to keep their 1978 and 1981 ACC titles as well as the 1981 national title.

Charles Alan Wright, chairman of the NCAA Committee on Infractions said at the time, "Due to the large number and serious nature of the violations in this case, the committee believed that institutional sanctions related to appearances on television and in postseason football bowl games were appropriate. In addition, because the violations indicated a pattern of improper recruiting activities, the committee determined that a two-year limitation on financial aid to new recruits should be imposed to offset any recruiting advantage that was gained improperly by the university."[10] [11]

Just five years after their probation ended, Clemson once again found their football program accused of multiple recruiting violations in January 1990.[12] The NCAA accused Clemson of giving cash to players and having illegal contact with recruits over a period from 1984 to 1988. In June 1990, the Tigers found themselves on probation once again, for the second time in less than a decade.[13] This chain of events contributed, in part, to the forced resignation of popular head coach Danny Ford.[14]

After a few years away from coaching, Ford was hired by Arkansas in 1992, where he would spend five seasons guiding the Razorbacks.

clemsux is the definition of delusional. Your bowl game was in charlotte. 2 hours form pickens. Our game was in LA.

There weren't 41K fans in Charlotte. This was even after clemsux started a fax & email campaign begging the bowl to pick clemsux, then ya'll didn't even show up. Pathetic.

I posted the official numbers I am sorry you did not like the FACTS provided.

You not liking them however doesn't make them so.

You seriously are the most immature poster on this forum.

I posted the official numbers I am sorry you did not like the FACTS provided.

You not liking them however doesn't make them so.

You seriously are the most immature poster on this forum.
Neither does it change the fact that clemsux fans are "all in dumbo" when things go their way, but pouty fans when they're losing. You didn't even show up for your bowl game after the fax & email begging campaign. It was 2 hours away. No plane tickets to purchase, wouldn't even have to stay overnight.

You're a typical clemsux fan. Ignore the facts and change the topic so you can run your mouth. If you'd stick to taternet, you'd be happier. Unless this is how you get off?

Haha. I'm immature because I don't put up with clemsux trolls like you, coming on our board, spewing dumbo's propaganda? Is that all you got? Your opinion means nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roosta05
A few years ago. I don't post often. I go to the forum for whoever Clemson is playing each week and get a feel for the mood/expectations for the game, what players to watch for, etc. Sometimes I'll post if I think I can add something but many times I just read the comments. I check out Miami's site more often because I live in South Florida now and have a lot of friends that are big Miami fans. I also check out this site more often because I grew up in South Carolina, have a lot of friends and family that are Carolina fans and obviously Carolina is Clemson's biggest rival. I mainly use the forums to keep up with the teams that interest me. I love college football and the forums are entertaining. I check them out approximately once a week.

So, you've been a member for a good while, and only started posting when the taters made the final four. You're one of those loyal taters. Lol.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Neither does it change the fact that clemsux fans are "all in dumbo" when things go their way, but pouty fans when they're losing. You didn't even show up for your bowl game after the fax & email begging campaign. It was 2 hours away. No plane tickets to purchase, wouldn't even have to stay overnight.

You're a typical clemsux fan. Ignore the facts and change the topic so you can run your mouth. If you'd stick to taternet, you'd be happier. Unless this is how you get off?

Haha. I'm immature because I don't put up with clemsux trolls like you, coming on our board, spewing dumbo's propaganda? Is that all you got? Your opinion means nothing.

I love your style, Upstate! Follow all those taters around, and ZAP 'em! You've got to be an undercover tater.... There's no way you're not.

Life is Beautiful

So, you've been a member for a good while, and only started posting when the taters made the final four. You're one of those loyal taters. Lol.
I've posted multiple times in the past. This thread is the first time I've posted since they made the final four and I didn't boast about it or even mention it. All I said was that any Clemson or Carolina fan that switches allegiance based on who is better at the time is not really a fan of either team. I think that's a reasonable statement.

Cu,

When did you start posting on this forum, and why?
Well, cutiger55's member info indicates he joined 3 months ago & he's on post #27. That should tell you something. He's done nothing but bash Carolina & praise clemsux. Of course the clemsux trolls are going to be bashed when they do this. Not sure why they would think otherwise.

Well, cutiger55's member info indicates he joined 3 months ago & he's on post #27. That should tell you something. He's done nothing but bash Carolina & praise clemsux. Of course the clemsux trolls are going to be bashed when they do this. Not sure why they would think otherwise.
I am clearly a Clemson fan. I don't hide that. But I also do not bash Carolina. I have no interest in that. I love our rivalry and think both fan bases are among the best in the country.

I am clearly a Clemson fan. I don't hide that. But I also do not bash Carolina. I have no interest in that. I love our rivalry and think both fan bases are among the best in the country.
Uh-huh. Member for 3 months. What are your other screen names?

5 year beat down in a row? when clemsux was winning 11 games, but losing to Carolina?

I would let you decide, but you obviously aren't capable of deducing a logical conclusion.

The further we go back in time, the more it favors Clemson. Be my guest. Keep on going back.

Only 37 this year but 100 next year. Keep talking about that 5 point loss.
seriously? 100 ?? and you couldn't get more that 37 against our pitiful D this year? A while back they used to have a facility for people who talked crazy like you do - you'd be put in there for observation. I think you will see a much more disciplined and aggressive D next year and also a more explosive O from USC. Good luck to your tigers - you'll need a LOT of it to beat a good team.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2
Gcockwin has to be a tater. No USC fan would ever say such crap. Much less think it.

seriously? 100 ?? and you couldn't get more that 37 against our pitiful D this year? A while back they used to have a facility for people who talked crazy like you do - you'd be put in there for observation. I think you will see a much more disciplined and aggressive D next year and also a more explosive O from USC. Good luck to your tigers - you'll need a LOT of it to beat a good team.

Honest question. You guys lose your starting Left tackle, Starting Left Guard, Starting Right Guard, Starting Right Tackle, Staring Tight End, Starting Running Back and Pharaoh Cooper from an offensive that would never find itself mentioned in a sentence with "explosive."

Let's assume McElwain provides a spark at QB, where will the rest of this explosion come from? Seriously. Move Nunez to WR? Debo Samuel break out year? Bryan Edwards freshman all-America?

The further we go back in time, the more it favors Clemson. Be my guest. Keep on going back.
Just like a clemsux fan, jumping all over the place to try & say something cute. The point is, during the 5 year beat down, those were some of clemsux best teams since you were on probation in the 80's. And South Carolina beat you.

Honest question. You guys lose your starting Left tackle, Starting Left Guard, Starting Right Guard, Starting Right Tackle, Staring Tight End, Starting Running Back and Pharaoh Cooper from an offensive that would never find itself mentioned in a sentence with "explosive."

Let's assume McElwain provides a spark at QB, where will the rest of this explosion come from? Seriously. Move Nunez to WR? Debo Samuel break out year? Bryan Edwards freshman all-America?
What will clemsux do if watson goes down? We know dumbo would roll him on the field in a wheelchair if he had to.... clemsux would be in trouble without watson. Don't kid yourself. What would ya'll do? Move the kicker with the white nose to QB? He would probably run all over the field and never need to rest.

Just like a clemsux fan, jumping all over the place to try & say something cute. The point is, during the 5 year beat down, those were some of clemsux best teams since you were on probation in the 80's. And South Carolina beat you.

Your best teams ever beat some of our better teams since the 1980s. Yes, that is accurate. You can say it over and over again as long as you want to, but I still don't think you win more than 5 games for the next two seasons.

Your best teams ever beat some of our better teams since the 1980s. Yes, that is accurate. You can say it over and over again as long as you want to, but I still don't think you win more than 5 games for the next two seasons.
And you can say that over & over...as long as you want. Come back in 5 years & see if you're right. I doubt it.

Lol I've thought this for awhile, but never said anything. FSU and Clemson might have the easiest road to the playoff in all of college football. Play 2-3 semi-difficult games a year, and cruise to double digit wins. Great chance at the playoff every season.
That's why Mark Richt is the real winner here. He will glide to the National Championship at Miami and ask his wife why she didn't make him leave Athens years ago.

What will clemsux do if watson goes down? We know dumbo would roll him on the field in a wheelchair if he had to.... clemsux would be in trouble without watson. Don't kid yourself. What would ya'll do? Move the kicker with the white nose to QB? He would probably run all over the field and never need to rest.

We'd put in our 4 star backup QB, Kelly Bryant who is faster and bigger than Deshaun. He'd play behind the best offensive line at Clemson since the early 1980s, hand it off to our single season rushing leader and throw to a combination of all conference and all- American wide receivers where we run productive 5 stars, 4 stars and a walk-on in a 8 man rotation.

That's our plan. I've answered your question. Will you answer mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT