ADVERTISEMENT

It's official.....SEC Presidents vote 14-0 to invite Texas and OU

You could've put a damn monkey in charge of college football the last 20 years and it would've done a better job than the foul, soulless cockroaches that have ruined it. Honest to god, a monkey.

The bad thing is, these idiotic moves made by idiots and supported by bigger idiots...you know who you are...will never be reversed. Idiots like you idiots that idiotically support this idiocy will only allow it to get worse. Gee, I can't wait until our 65 team "conference" someday gets 39 teams into the 111 spot CFP. Everyone loving this deserves to have there rectum gored by a demon with a spiked penis for all eternity. All y'all had to do was wait one day later each week if y'all wanted to watch the NFL.
Having a hard time with the Xanax detox, are we?

This wouldn't have been so bad for us before NIL. Still would have been tougher, but NIL amplified the negatives in this for us X 10.
Yep. Kind of like the car dealership in the city always sells more cars than the one in Podunk Hill.
Add to that our administration probably isn’t too worried about doing the legwork now to really take advantage of this NIL deal.
Bama and Clemson probably have research groups and task forces assembled.

Texas has money, slick uniforms, an awesome logo and is located in a cool city. But the on-field performance does not match the reverence with which the "brand" of Texas is breathlessly discussed.

You know how many Top 10 finishes Texas has in the past 11 years? One. It finished No. 9 in 2018 with a 10-4 record after upsetting Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. Texas snapped a 10-year streak of losing at least four regular-season games last season, when it went 6-3.

You know what other schools have one top 10 finish in the past 11 years? Cincinnati. Iowa State, Minnesota. Washington State. Houston. Iowa. Baylor. Mississippi State. Arizona. Missouri. This is who Texas keeps company with nowadays.

You know who has MORE than one top 10 finish over the past 11 years? TCU (4). Stanford (4). Michigan State (3). UCF (2). You know how many SEC teams have more than one? Seven. And that doesn’t include Oklahoma.

Texas was unranked in the final AP poll five straight seasons from 2013 to 2017. Does that sound like royalty?

Yes, Mack Brown had an amazing nine-year run of excellence from 2001 to 2009. Six top 10 finishes. An unforgettable national championship with Vince Young. Wins in the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Cotton Bowl.

But there was another long era of mediocrity before that. If you look at the 1984-2000 stretch, Texas was again just another program. Zero top 10 finishes. Ten seasons unranked. Five losing seasons.

The Longhorns have one national championship in the past 50 years. That matches the totals of BYU, Washington, Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh. No one in the Twittersphere is throwing the word "blueblood" around when talking about those programs.

• Haha
Reactions: caughtlookin
Doesn't this leave the B12 with too few teams for a conference championship game?

Last edited:
I’m afraid we will live to regret this. Texas will play coy and not make waves UNTIL Saban retires. After Saban retires, everything will change. Texas will either take over the SEC, or make all the other schools miserable while trying to claw their way to the top. I absolutely dread it. Mark my words. You were warned. Too bad Sankey doesn't see this.
Texas is the biggest budget in college sports. But they are arrogant and poor at execution. But unlike the SWC and the Big XII, the SEC doesn't need UT. Without them, the SEC is still the best conference. They may be able to walk all over Iowa State and kansas State in shaping deals, but since the start of the Big XII Conference it looks like:

UT: 1 NC
OU: 1 NC
Rest of the SEC: 14 NCs across 5 teams.

They are good brands with good support, but they combine for 12% of the national championships. That tail ain't gonna wag this dog.

Texas is the biggest budget in college sports. But they are arrogant and poor at execution. But unlike the SWC and the Big XII, the SEC doesn't need UT. Without them, the SEC is still the best conference. They may be able to walk all over Iowa State and kansas State in shaping deals, but since the start of the Big XII Conference it looks like:

UT: 1 NC
OU: 1 NC
Rest of the SEC: 14 NCs across 5 teams.

They are good brands with good support, but they combine for 12% of the national championships. That tail ain't gonna wag this dog.
I think Texas is coming into the SEC knowing it won't be like the Big 12 where Texas dominated. Texas dominated by having a half dozens schools that on any decision said "whatever Texas wants". Texas won't have that in the SEC. But Texas trusts Sankey and more so trusts the decision makers at Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, etc to make rational fair decisions. Look at how COVID was handled. The PAC-10 immediately said "no season" and the Big Ten agreed. The Big Ten agreed with little discussion, made at the Presidential level with no input from the athletic depts. The Ohio State AD literally found out about it when the associate press asked for comment. In contrast, the SEC consulted the ADs, consulted experts and made a rational plan, saving the season and detailing how COVID testing and quarantine would be implemented. That favorably impressed Texas, who had been courted at times by the Big Ten, a conference then faced with a fiasco as they couldn't sit idle as the SEC and Big 12 played football.

Reactions: king ward
I think Texas is coming into the SEC knowing it won't be like the Big 12 where Texas dominated. Texas dominated by having a half dozens schools that on any decision said "whatever Texas wants". Texas won't have that in the SEC. But Texas trusts Sankey and more so trusts the decision makers at Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, etc to make rational fair decisions. Look at how COVID was handled. The PAC-10 immediately said "no season" and the Big Ten agreed. The Big Ten agreed with little discussion, made at the Presidential level with no input from the athletic depts. The Ohio State AD literally found out about it when the associate press asked for comment. In contrast, the SEC consulted the ADs, consulted experts and made a rational plan, saving the season and detailing how COVID testing and quarantine would be implemented. That favorably impressed Texas, who had been courted at times by the Big Ten, a conference then faced with a fiasco as they couldn't sit idle as the SEC and Big 12 played football.
How are Texas fans for traveling to road games. Will we see a large Longhorn contingent when they visit Columbia, Lexington, etc.?

How are Texas fans for traveling to road games. Will we see a large Longhorn contingent when they visit Columbia, Lexington, etc.?
Texas has a reputation for being pretty good at traveling. Depends on whether we are winning and there will be as lot of new places to visit. I hear people excited about both Oxford, Mississippi and Athens, Georgia (unless they ban Bevo for Uga's sake). So there may be a lot of competition by new SEC places. I could see a lot of folks combine the South Carolina game with a visit to Charleston. Some might like to visit the horse tracks around Lexington, KY. Texas has lots of horse people, although more quarter horses than thoroughbreds.

Texas has a reputation for being pretty good at traveling. Depends on whether we are winning and there will be as lot of new places to visit. I hear people excited about both Oxford, Mississippi and Athens, Georgia (unless they ban Bevo for Uga's sake). So there may be a lot of competition by new SEC places. I could see a lot of folks combine the South Carolina game with a visit to Charleston. Some might like to visit the horse tracks around Lexington, KY. Texas has lots of horse people, although more quarter horses than thoroughbreds.
Yeah, a lot of people love that Ole Miss trip. To be honest, I thought it was a bit overrated. My favorite road trips are Kentucky, Florida, and Auburn. No matter what a Bama fan might say, Auburn fans are the most hospitable in the SEC.

How do you feel about “horns down”? Is that going to be a thing?
I am guessing most SEC teams (not Arkansas, OU or A&M) but the bluebloods like Bama, Auburn, Florida, etc have too much pride to do that. Texas fans have always taken it as a backhanded compliment as implicitly recognizing Texas as the bigger dog. Rather than having their own hand symbol they try to dis ours. Which would make you prouder of South Carolina, doing your own "Spurs up" hand symbol or dissing another team's hand symbol?

Yeah, a lot of people love that Ole Miss trip. To be honest, I thought it was a bit overrated. My favorite road trips are Kentucky, Florida, and Auburn. No matter what a Bama fan might say, Auburn fans are the most hospitable in the SEC.
I am looking forward to learning the personalities in the SEC. We know Arky, A&M and LSU, of course, but haven't played Tennessee since 1969, South Carolina since 1957, Auburn since 1991. Florida since 1940, or Vanderbilt since 1928.

Lexington is great for bourbon and the fillies

And we have horses too ;)

Reactions: BattleshipTexas
Texas has money, slick uniforms, an awesome logo and is located in a cool city. But the on-field performance does not match the reverence with which the "brand" of Texas is breathlessly discussed.

You know how many Top 10 finishes Texas has in the past 11 years? One. It finished No. 9 in 2018 with a 10-4 record after upsetting Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. Texas snapped a 10-year streak of losing at least four regular-season games last season, when it went 6-3.

You know what other schools have one top 10 finish in the past 11 years? Cincinnati. Iowa State, Minnesota. Washington State. Houston. Iowa. Baylor. Mississippi State. Arizona. Missouri. This is who Texas keeps company with nowadays.

You know who has MORE than one top 10 finish over the past 11 years? TCU (4). Stanford (4). Michigan State (3). UCF (2). You know how many SEC teams have more than one? Seven. And that doesn’t include Oklahoma.

Texas was unranked in the final AP poll five straight seasons from 2013 to 2017. Does that sound like royalty?

Yes, Mack Brown had an amazing nine-year run of excellence from 2001 to 2009. Six top 10 finishes. An unforgettable national championship with Vince Young. Wins in the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Cotton Bowl.

But there was another long era of mediocrity before that. If you look at the 1984-2000 stretch, Texas was again just another program. Zero top 10 finishes. Ten seasons unranked. Five losing seasons.

The Longhorns have one national championship in the past 50 years. That matches the totals of BYU, Washington, Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh. No one in the Twittersphere is throwing the word "blueblood" around when talking about those programs.

All of you that want to continue to try to push this Texas is not a great "get" for the SEC thing are wasting your time.

This is a blockbuster move by the SEC. Texas won the most recent Learfield College Directors Cup as the top overall athletic program in the nation.

Last edited:
I agree. It's a totally different dynamic. Texas will be political, but not the bully that they were in the Big XII and SWC.
Which would make you prouder of South Carolina, doing your own "Spurs up" hand symbol or dissing another team's hand symbol?
I'm pretty sure if Muschamp joined GamecockCentral, his screen name would be "CockUp" and it would be auto-assigned based on the credit card name used for his subscription.

Reactions: BattleshipTexas
I am guessing most SEC teams (not Arkansas, OU or A&M) but the bluebloods like Bama, Auburn, Florida, etc have too much pride to do that. Texas fans have always taken it as a backhanded compliment as implicitly recognizing Texas as the bigger dog. Rather than having their own hand symbol they try to dis ours. Which would make you prouder of South Carolina, doing your own "Spurs up" hand symbol or dissing another team's hand symbol?
Try to make whatever argument you wish. But, you had better steel yourself. Once you start "Flashing your handsigns"...It's going to happen.

SEC officiating may be bad. But, it's uniformly bad. Pouting isn't going to get you what you want.

Reactions: caughtlookin
Try to make whatever argument you wish. But, you had better steel yourself. Once you start "Flashing your handsigns"...It's going to happen.

SEC officiating may be bad. But, it's uniformly bad. Pouting isn't going to get you what you want.
Why is officiating bad everywhere? It wasn't good in the Big 12 or the SWC. I was hoping for improvement.

I knew you were full of shit when you said Austin is a "cool city." Austin is San Fran in Texas and currently the cultural anus of the country. Please post less.

I knew you were full of shit when you said Austin is a "cool city." Austin is San Fran in Texas and currently the cultural anus of the country. Please post less.

Well, yes and no. Austin does have a crazy liberal city council determined to ruin Austin and turn it into a Portland or San Francisco. I assume that is what you are referring to. But the difference is, unlike those cities, Austin is located in a very conservative state, with a very conservative Legislature and Governor, all sitting right in Austin and seeing all of those disastrous city decisions. So when the city tells the police they can't keep the homeless from pooping on the street or camping wherever they want, the Governor sends in state troopers to clean them out. But even the liberal population of Austin is getting fed up with the city council hijinks. The city council eliminated all of the city ordinances against camping in public spaces and the like, and the city itself voted on a referendum to reinstate the camping ban. Even the liberal Austin populace realized it wasn't safe or a good idea.

Despite what the city council does to ruin the city, it is a beautiful city with lots of trees and parks and history, with the Colorado river running through it, and lots of restaurants and music venues. Austin is often called the Live Music Capital as it has so many live music events. See what SXSW is. Lots of musicians like Janis Joplin, Willie Nelson, Jerry Jeff Walker (lived near me), Stevie Ray Vaughn and others are connected to Austin. Austin just has a cool, somewhat hippie vibe, and is a fun place to visit (despite a Mayor and city council determined to ruin it).

Uniformly bad, my ass. UGA and Alabama need to fellate SEC officials on a daily basis for all the favors they get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT