ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Bentley

yeah_yeah

Oct 15, 2011
I have been hard on Bentley this year. However, I will give credit where credit is due. This may have been the best game I have seen him play since he has been at South Carolina. I don’t recall him forcing the ball into a lot of double coverage this game. He managed the game well. The pass to Debo in the end zone looked bad, but when you see the replay you know why look that bad.

Youre really going out on a limb there claiming this may be the best game youve seen him play dont you think.

Youre really going out on a limb there claiming this may be the best game youve seen him play dont you think.
Nope. He played consistently both halves, managed the game well, didn’t let his emotions get the best of him, and took care of the ball.

Reactions: cockyferg
He had a better game in the Birmingham Bowl his freshman year. 400+ yards in a swirling wind. But today he was against a (suspect) SEC defense and he did quite well. That Shi drop would have put him over 400 yards easily.

But Go Cocks!!

He had a better game in the Birmingham Bowl his freshman year. 400+ yards in a swirling wind. But today he was against a (suspect) SEC defense and he did quite well. That Shi drop would have put him over 400 yards easily.

But Go Cocks!!
At the time I thought that drop would cost us the game

Reactions: gpcocks and mavcock
I have been hard on Bentley this year. However, I will give credit where credit is due. This may have been the best game I have seen him play since he has been at South Carolina. I don’t recall him forcing the ball into a lot of double coverage this game. He managed the game well. The pass to Debo in the end zone looked bad, but when you see the replay you know why look that bad.

Agreed, especially when you look at yet another big drop by Smith on that go route late in the 3rd. He should have had 400+ yards passing today.

Reactions: mavcock

But Go Cocks!!

Sorry. Didn’t see this until it was too late. Good one.

Don't like having to watch him with a brace on his knee. It's worrisome and may affect his draftability. He's tough and he and Mon can pull USC to a win at Boom's ex-school.

Don't like having to watch him with a brace on his knee. It's worrisome and may affect his draftability. He's tough and he and Mon can pull USC to a win at Boom's ex-school.
He ain't turning pro early. Bamas qb plays with a brace too. Played thru the pain and ran for a long td last night. That's football. Jake stepped it up and I'm proud of him.

Reactions: teester69
He played very well and with poise. The offense as a whole played extremely well. Our offensive line is as good as it's been in years in my opinion.

In Shi's defense, that wasn't one of Bentley's better throws. It sailed a bit to the inside and he had to adjust and try to catch it over his shoulder. It wasnt an easy play, but I'm sure he'd tell you he should have caught it.

Reactions: DrMickey
This is a different Jake Bentley from the first six games of the season...

I think if he played like this against Georgia, Kentucky or TAM, the out come would have been better...

We wouldn’t looked that bad against Georgia and maybe we would have a win against TAM... And The Kentucky game would have been a toss up.

Should be 7-1 or 6-2... But just glad to be 5-3 with 2 winnable games left and a toss up game to go....

Play of the game was 3rd and goal from the 5. Instead of forcing something, Jake scrambles for the TD. Had he thrown an incomplete pass we kick the FG and probably end up in OT. Not to mention the rest of the game is different with Ole Miss only needing a FG instead of a TD.

I wouldn’t have liked our odds in OT.

He played very well and with poise. The offense as a whole played extremely well. Our offensive line is as good as it's been in years in my opinion.

In Shi's defense, that wasn't one of Bentley's better throws. It sailed a bit to the inside and he had to adjust and try to catch it over his shoulder. It wasnt an easy play, but I'm sure he'd tell you he should have caught it.
I like Shi and think he should be targeted a lot more than he is. However, that ball was not that poorly thrown. I know he had a step on a guy, but the inside help (albeit probably wasn’t going to get there) necessitates an outside shoulder throw. Keeps inside guy from even having a remote chance at the ball. It almost appeared as if Shi misjudged it (that little hop).

Jake needs to....
1. Grow long hair
2. Drink large amounts of alcohol daily, especially before bowl games

People will love him then.....

Reactions: teester69

Agreed but ole miss defense is on par with Furman.

But Go Cocks!!
What's up with Shi Smith? I believe that drop in the A&M game cost us momentum and possibly the game. That drop yesterday got us in trouble and almost cost us another game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT