ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Brown Transferring

Dizzy01

Dec 29, 2018
Probably not a big surprise but Brown just announced he was transferring. He only has one more season left and with Rattler coming in he decided to move on if he wanted any shot at playing. Looks like Zeb may be starting the Mayo Bowl.

Rattler's not available for the bowl roster right?
I asked this in another thread. I am not sure. I would think it would be beneficial for him to at least practice if he is on campus and it's allowed.

I am thinking playing is not allowed. That would open the doors for Alabama and Georgia to bring in a hired gun for the playoffs if they needed one.

Reactions: TAV31
I asked this in another thread. I am not sure. I would think it would be beneficial for him to at least practice if he is on campus and it's allowed.

I am thinking playing is not allowed. That would open the doors for Alabama and Georgia to bring in a hired gun for the playoffs if they needed one.
My opinion (but knowing a bit about the baseball side of things), he'll have to be enrolled in school and going to classes before he's eligible. Lots of things to do for him before that happens. Everything from Oklahoma has to be transferred, issues worked out. He probably won't be an official student until the next semester starts.

Looks like we'll be rolling with Noland and Gauthier for the bowl game.

Can't play for two teams in the same season.

Bowl games. I love watching them but they are so out of date. At this point, move them up so we can play them before all these things happen. Brown’s ability to scramble and extend plays was key to our offense in wins against Florida and Auburn. Starting Zeb is so boring and doesn’t give me a lot of confidence.

Bowl games. I love watching them but they are so out of date. At this point, move them up so we can play them before all these things happen. Brown’s ability to scramble and extend plays was key to our offense in wins against Florida and Auburn. Starting Zeb is so boring and doesn’t give me a lot of confidence.
Yup....everything's changed. It's more of the haves v. the have-nots.

Kinda sad....but we have some good memories.

I hate it for the kid. As noted above, he helped us this season, and before this week, I was fully expecting him to help us out next year. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up!!

Now, roll with Colton in the bowl game!! (There's no point in playing the asst. coach at this point..... unless Gauthier goes down.)

No. He won't be available until classes start in January. Basically he needs to step foot in class first.
So I don't understand how we put Jason Brown in a "tough spot" like @viennacocks said. He's in the same spot he was last month, QB1. Yeah that would change in spring but we're not in spring yet

So I don't understand how we put Jason Brown in a "tough spot" like @viennacocks said. He's in the same spot he was last month, QB1. Yeah that would change in spring but we're not in spring yet
I don't care about any of that. He is doing what he feels is best for him. Wish him well and move on.

I hate it for the kid. As noted above, he helped us this season, and before this week, I was fully expecting him to help us out next year. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up!!

Now, roll with Colton in the bowl game!! (There's no point in playing the asst. coach at this point..... unless Gauthier goes down.)
You play whoever gives you the best chance to win that game not next year. You do that for the team

Well that sucks. Brown would have been a perfect backup for Rattler I thought. Can’t blame him and no hard feelings from me; he handled himself with class and maturity in the face of being denied while we stunk it up at qb week after week, put up with the shade from the typical idiot fans, and took being thrown under the bus a couple of times by our staff, which disappointed me the most.

Yes, PLEASE start and play Gauthier. I’d rather Gauthier than to just go in the game upfront without a chance. I have zero desire to see anymore of Zeb on the field.

Thank you Jason. Many won’t acknowledge it, but you resurrected a dead nation of fans and then were essentially crucified by many when you failed to slay every single one of the dragons. I’ll always be a fan my man. Wherever you go, give ‘em hell.

I am not suggesting we did the wrong thing but we brought on Rattler. Brown knows he has to leave to get playing time next fall. The sooner he gets in the portal the more opportunities. Waiting until spring or after the bowl would be a poor decision. Imo, that's a tough spot

Welcome to the future. Don’t get too attached to these guys. Here today and gone tomorrow. It helps us for next year but hurts us for next game.

This is why I’m not shelling out money for bowl tickets. I’m not throwing down hard earned money to see several guys sit out or transfer out and watch backups that may not ever see the field after this game battle it out. Bowls definitely aren’t what they used to be.

The only way to solve it is to have a large playoff, but people don’t want to hear that. You don’t see people sitting out semifinal or championship games and most players wouldn’t pass on a playoff game that could give them increased exposure or a shot at a national title.

Why can't he stick around 2 more weeks? Leaving us in a real bad spot at QB for the bowl
There are a lot of QBs in the portal and with signing day happening now I’m sure he wants to start making contact
Well that sucks. Brown would have been a perfect backup for Rattler I thought. Can’t blame him and no hard feelings from me; he handled himself with class and maturity in the face of being denied while we stunk it up at qb week after week, put up with the shade from the typical idiot fans, and took being thrown under the bus a couple of times by our staff, which disappointed me the most.

Yes, PLEASE start and play Gauthier. I’d rather Gauthier than to just go in the game upfront without a chance. I have zero desire to see anymore of Zeb on the field.

Thank you Jason. Many won’t acknowledge it, but you resurrected a dead nation of fans and then were essentially crucified by many when you failed to slay every single one of the dragons. I’ll always be a fan my man. Wherever you go, give ‘em hell.
I don’t know that we get to the bowl game without him. You can’t pass up the opportunity to get a guy like Rattler but it doesn’t change what it means for the other guys on the roster. I’m not sure that he will be the only QB that transfers based on Rattler and Davis coming in.

Absolutely!
I really liked Jason and will miss him. Wish he could have emerged as a great QB for us.

It's a good decision for him. He got to play in some big games under (mostly) great circumstances. He will be better off somewhere with a smaller program and less competition. I wish him well.

Hate the kid is transferring, loved watching him make plays, something we have not seen in a while from a QB. Good luck to the young man. The Florida and Auburn games. NO way we win without Jason. With Zeb, don't see us beating NC in the bowl game. With Jason we had a chance.

Wondering if EJ will follow him?

Welcome to the future. Don’t get too attached to these guys. Here today and gone tomorrow. It helps us for next year but hurts us for next game.

This is why I’m not shelling out money for bowl tickets. I’m not throwing down hard earned money to see several guys sit out or transfer out and watch backups that may not ever see the field after this game battle it out. Bowls definitely aren’t what they used to be.

The only way to solve it is to have a large playoff, but people don’t want to hear that. You don’t see people sitting out semifinal or championship games and most players wouldn’t pass on a playoff game that could give them increased exposure or a shot at a national title.
You know, that's the first compelling argument I've heard for an expanded playoff. Figure out how to incorporate the traditional bowls into the playoff and that may be the only way to save the bowl system, or at least the only way to make it interesting.

Otherwise, I suppose the new normal is that no team will ever have a backup QB with experience?

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
You know, that's the first compelling argument I've heard for an expanded playoff. Figure out how to incorporate the traditional bowls into the playoff and that may be the only way to save the bowl system, or at least the only way to make it interesting.

Otherwise, I suppose the new normal is that no team will ever have a backup QB with experience?

That expanded playoff only keeps interest for those teams involved though. Expand it to 16 teams, and teams 17 and under will still not care about their bowls. That's still a majority of teams/bowls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT