ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Brown united the whole team against Florida

macaroni#

Apr 6, 2003
Irmo/Dillon SC
Jason Brown in my opinion brought the needed Chemistry to the whole team by getting the start and playing steady all night long. The other players know he deserved the starting job and the support was there. The OL stepped up and the pass opened up the run and vise-versa. The Defense was awesome and shut down the Gators. Hopefully all this will carry over and the Cocks show Beamer that they can get it done with the right decisions being made and best players on the field. I still feel a little worried about Beamer not saying that Brown proved he should be the starter. Stay with the same game plan and keep winning!

The thread title suggests the team was not united prior to Saturday night To date, there's been no evidence of that.

Reactions: jonesz21
IMHO Brown deserves another start to see what he can do against Mizzou. Use the same game plan on offense. Be aggressive, don't take your foot off the gas.
He definitely deserves another start. If he gets better on third down, we could win 2 of our last 3 games.

Reactions: WingchunCock
The thread title suggests the team was not united prior to Saturday night To date, there's been no evidence of that.
Now that things are assuming an upward arc, disclosures will be forthcoming that would have been deleterious to the program had they been released during earlier adverse times.

Reactions: Lakecock1
The opening statement after the title thread lets it be known that it is "My Opinion". Some may agree, some may not. I simply believe that Jason Brown was not getting a fair shake as to the starting nod at QB. Beamer said many times that Doty was his Guy, then it was Noland's turn. Brown is more than a scout team QB and he solidified my assumption in my mind against the Gators.

He has to start every game as long as he's here unless he gets injured - and I mean seriously injured. All the program's hopes rest upon him.
General JB Kenobi, the plans stored in this playbook will help the cocks defeat our opponents.you will need to get them to Williams Brice.Help us, General JB Kenobi, you are our only hope.

Well, Coach did say in the post-game that they were hopeful Zeb would be available..... (I kid you not).
I've tried to keep an open mind on Beamer and give the man a chance to dig us out of the muschamp crevasse, but if Zeb starts, I may have to jump on 'the coaches don't have a clue' train. I hope he means in a backup role and fully cleared to play.

This past game was a fluke. Most talking heads give more credit to Florida crashing than Carolina actually pulling their collective heads out of their ass and playing with grit and determination. Im still on the fence. The boys in the desert have it basically a pickem. Where is your money?

This past game was a fluke. Most talking heads give more credit to Florida crashing than Carolina actually pulling their collective heads out of their ass and playing with grit and determination. Im still on the fence. The boys in the desert have it basically a pickem. Where is your money?
The SEC analysts on the SEC Network said it wasnt a fluke and that Florida was outplayed and out coached.

I've tried to keep an open mind on Beamer and give the man a chance to dig us out of the muschamp crevasse, but if Zeb starts, I may have to jump on 'the coaches don't have a clue' train. I hope he means in a backup role and fully cleared to play.
If Zeb starts on Saturday, it will be proof that our Head Coach doesn't know what his is doing and is in over his head. He would kill the momentum and would lose this team and alot of the fanbase support. I wouldn't blame the kids for quitting on him. It would be obvious he doesn't want to win.

If Zeb starts on Saturday, it will be proof that our Head Coach doesn't know what his is doing and is in over his head. He would kill the momentum and would lose this team and alot of the fanbase support. I wouldn't blame the kids for quitting on him. It would be obvious he doesn't want to win.
I will agree if that happens. I do think he wants to win, and badly. But, I still just don't know if he's up to the task. I do think he has the potential to grow into being a good head coach. It will come with more games under his belt. My concern this year has been the assistants. If you have an inexperienced HC, then you really have to have good, competent, experienced assistants. Until Sat., I had serious doubts. I still have doubts, but credit them for working hard to figure it out, for at least one game. I hope that that one game turns into a trend.

I'm betting on the Cocks. I'm 53 and have never bet against the Cocks. And I probably would be rich by now if I did.

Reactions: bcs bound
Do you think there is a SC single football fan, much less SC football coach, who doesn't think Brown should get the next start? You said that like it was in question.
I certainly think Brown should start, but I’m not sure about the coaching staff. Stranger things have happened.

In addition to JB, I have to give a little credit to:
Jabari Ellis
Parker White
Z. White
Damani Staley
Kevin Harris
Josh (WIDE OPEN) Vann
Dan Mullen
Cam Smith
Muse, Lloyd, Bell
Jaylan Foster
Burch, Rodrick, Pickens etc....
& Kai Kroeger
I read that, and for just a split second I was trying to figure out who Dan Mullen was on our roster until it clicked 😄

If anyone else starts Shane's going to hear it from the fans. He's clearly the most effective QB we've seen this year. I hope he can keep that momentum.

Reactions: 92Pony
I don't know if SC beats Missouri, but would bet they beat at least one of the last three games. I am assuming Brown starts.

I’m waiting until after the Mizzou game to decide. If we blow that one, then we’ll have to assume the UF game was a fluke. It was a great game, but it’s apparent that Mullen has lost the team so it’s hard to say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT