ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Moody

BattleshipTexas

Oct 15, 2001
What is the deal with Jaylen Moody? Why did Alabama take a 2-star? Was he way underrated? I mean even their kicker was a 3-star. There must be a story I haven't heard yet. Since this is an SC kid, what is the story?

Good athlete that just very recently got his grades up enough to qualify from what I’ve heard.

Academics were a question and top schools cant take chances with players who may not qualify.

Played other positions earlier in HS, then senior year ILB, No DL

Those concerns were cleared up

Ole Miss offered Dec 16th, Arkansas was a big offer for him when John Chavis offered after watching him play basketball and then Alabama offered in January.

Comes from a athletic family, Dad played college baseball at coastal, brother at SC state, and another at ECU.

We seemed to be full at LB and overall had backed off players such as Dax Hollifield, when we switched to flip Rosendo Louis by the time their was clarity on Moody academics

Clemson had offered as a grey shirt, Alabama had a lot of defections and with early signing period taking options off the table that they would of been trying to flip, had to come in and get a player they liked after a brief courtship and would never had to take in the past.

Last edited:
Academics were a question and top schools cant take chances with players who may not qualify.

Played other positions earlier in HS, then senior year ILB, No DL

Those concerns were cleared up

Ole Miss offered Dec 16th, Arkansas was a big offer for him when John Chavis offered after watching him play basketball and then Alabama offered in January.

Comes from a athletic family, Dad played college baseball at coastal, brother at SC state, and another at ECU.

We seemed to be full at LB and overall had backed off players such as Dax Hollifield, when we switched to flip Rosendo Louis by the time their was clarity on Moody academics

Clemson had offered as a grey shirt, Alabama had a lot of defections and with early signing period taking options off the table that they would of been trying to flip, had to come in and get a player they liked after a brief courtship and would never had to take in the past.

Thanks, that helps.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT