ADVERTISEMENT

John Butler Committing Wednesday

Last I read the longer this went on the better for USC. Him committing Wednesday is not thought to be good for us at all. I believe he's much more skilled than Cudd but mavcock is right, he's super thin right now. Bottom line, don't think we're getting him. Strictly a guess.

Reactions: mavcock
Can't remember her maiden name but first name was Casey. They met at USC, two other younger brothers will be highly rated as well. We have a chance at John Butler, a good one.

Reactions: redrogers
We were making a lot of ground with him but BJ Mckie now an assistant at Wake has been too, was good friends with the father at USC. Might come down to us and Wake with Bama an outside shot.

I don’t think we land him but like PJ Hall I don’t think this is a big deal for us. We will know in a couple of years on both.

We were making a lot of ground with him but BJ Mckie now an assistant at Wake has been too, was good friends with the father at USC. Might come down to us and Wake with Bama an outside shot.

BJ and John Sr. were not tight at USC. They knew each other through Casie, but that was about it. We have definitely made up some ground, but USC wasn't really on his radar until about a year ago.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
I don’t think we land him but like PJ Hall I don’t think this is a big deal for us. We will know in a couple of years on both.

PJ is going to be a bigger loss for us than many think. He has put on some muscle over the summer (saw a picture of him last night on his mom's IG post, and is filling out his frame more.) I honestly think that he is more polished than WL for us right now.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
PJ is going to be a bigger loss for us than many think. He has put on some muscle over the summer (saw a picture of him last night on his mom's IG post, and is filling out his frame more.) I honestly think that he is more polished than WL for us right now.

I disagree but you may be right. Only time will tell. I tend to think he will end up in the Big South Conference before his playing days are over.

Can't remember her maiden name but first name was Casey. They met at USC, two other younger brothers will be highly rated as well. We have a chance at John Butler, a good one.

Hope you're right, just don't think you are. FSU seems more likely to me. He's not a program changer in any way shape or form imo. But we'e recruiting him so apparently Frank thinks he can help.

Don’t think this is a big deal? He is the #12 ranked center in the country. A 4 star in our backyard. A legacy. And; for all the Frank haters out there, getting a highly ranked prospect from our state would be huge. Literally and figuratively. A 7’1 athletic player that almost averaged a double double.

This would be a great get!

Don’t think this is a big deal? He is the #12 ranked center in the country. A 4 star in our backyard. A legacy. And; for all the Frank haters out there, getting a highly ranked prospect from our state would be huge. Literally and figuratively. A 7’1 athletic player that almost averaged a double double.

So just for the heck of it I randomly searched 2015 (so they’ve had a chance to break through) top rivals QB quarterbacks. It was Kyle Kearns. He couldn’t hack it at Wake Forest, got kicked off the team and is in the middle of nowhere trying to resurrect a career.

Legacy means nothing. If your mom or dad played for Carolina it puts nothing on the scoreboard.

It’s been well documented I am a Frank defender. My patience is getting thin and he doesn’t have a scholarship to burn. Frank needs to dance the next time we play ball or the heat will intensify on his chair.

You may be right but so may I. If he ends up being a steal I’ll tip my hat to you. If he ends up being a bust at least reciprocate.

He would also fit right in our program. We have Wildens in the middle, Frink and McCreary are very physical and the seven footer would have time to play his finesse game while he develops and hits the weight room. Frank can obviously develop players. John Butler would be a sensation in the state or South Carolina where he lives, instead of in a state that he might not want to live in after basketball. We have great guards who can really get him the ball. What a win - win situation. His parents have Gamecock ties.

Yes, it would be a really great get for us. But also, it would be a great choice for John Butler!

Last edited:
Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs

Unfortunately, I don't think we were ever a serious contender for PJ.

Reactions: 76MACC and QC Cock
So just for the heck of it I randomly searched 2015 (so they’ve had a chance to break through) top rivals QB quarterbacks. It was Kyle Kearns. He couldn’t hack it at Wake Forest, got kicked off the team and is in the middle of nowhere trying to resurrect a career.

Legacy means nothing. If your mom or dad played for Carolina it puts nothing on the scoreboard.

It’s been well documented I am a Frank defender. My patience is getting thin and he doesn’t have a scholarship to burn. Frank needs to dance the next time we play ball or the heat will intensify on his chair.

You may be right but so may I. If he ends up being a steal I’ll tip my hat to you. If he ends up being a bust at least reciprocate.

Not sure about your QB comparison but I think I get your point. I can see that the young man needs to add some weight but look at Bol Bol (another thin athletic center). I don’t see Butler being the project that Cudd was for us. He will need time to develop though. All of Franks bigs have had to.

I too like Frank and hope that this is a great year for the team.

And yes; if he is a bust, I can own it.

Not sure about your QB comparison but I think I get your point. I can see that the young man needs to add some weight but look at Bol Bol (another thin athletic center). I don’t see Butler being the project that Cudd was for us. He will need time to develop though. All of Franks bigs have had to.

I too like Frank and hope that this is a great year for the team.

And yes; if he is a bust, I can own it.

I will admit when you have a list like John Butler has and he is as highly ranked as you mentioned, one would think he could play for us. I’m a little worried about his frame. His dad is a pretty good coach and he does have good hands and height.

I’ve been as patient as just about anyone on this board for Frank. We probably were NIT last year. I’m hoping Seventh Woods plus what we return is enough to get us back to the dance.

I will admit when you have a list like John Butler has and he is as highly ranked as you mentioned, one would think he could play for us. I’m a little worried about his frame. His dad is a pretty good coach and he does have good hands and height.

I’ve been as patient as just about anyone on this board for Frank. We probably were NIT last year. I’m hoping Seventh Woods plus what we return is enough to get us back to the dance.

I've said it several times before, but Butler could easily end up having a Nic Claxton type build.

I've said it several times before, but Butler could easily end up having a Nic Claxton type build.

Certainly possible but you’d think with two parents that played the game, he would be much closer to that build by now. College nutrition and weight program will help

Reactions: QC Cock
Unfortunately, I don't think we were ever a serious contender for PJ.

I know the family personally and can say 100% that we actually were. PJ liked Frank and the staff, but at the end of the day he felt like Clemson was a better fit for him. He could have left us in the "Final 3" list, but he chose not to string us along out of respect to Frank and Co. That is the type of family he comes from, true class. While I hate that he is playing for our rival, I will definitely be pulling for him during his career.

7 footer from Greenville, both parents went to USC. Anyone know if we'll get him?
Not to point out the obvious, but basketball is about guard play. The days of the big man are gone. In no way am I slamming this kid, but the game of dominating the low block just isn't what it used to be. I hope he is successful, but I wish he was a dominating small forward or guard.

Reactions: boykinlp
Not to point out the obvious, but basketball is about guard play. The days of the big man are gone. In no way am I slamming this kid, but the game of dominating the low block just isn't what it used to be. I hope he is successful, but I wish he was a dominating small forward or guard.

I noticed on another thread that you are married to a Greek. My late mother was Greek. My late Dad, while born in South Carolina, was raised in Greece and fought with the Greek Army against the Communists in the late 1940s. Obviously, I love the Greeks. I just want to say "Hi".

Have you watched his videos? Although he is really tall, he has finesse skills. Maybe not guard skills on the SEC level, but guard dribbling skills on the h.s. level. He would be a great addition and would be a good fit.

I agree with your post, btw.

Reactions: QC Cock

Franks offensives have always run through the bigs. Also, every team needs a defensive presence in the post. I agree that the game has sped up thus favoring guard play. But to have a rim protector and a rebounding big is huge. Silva did that for us as an undersized guy but he was tenacious and a quick leaper. This kid isn’t just tall but very athletic for his size. He would be a great fit in Franks system. Especially once he puts on some weight!

FSU bound. Which by the way, wanted to fire their coach in 2008 after not making the dance the first 6 years on campus. Went 19-15 the year before making the dance for the first time, also had 2 seasons under .500 during this time. Not counting the '20 season, since there was no tournament, Hamilton has only danced 7 out of 17 years. However, he's viewed as one of the best coaches in the game and has now built a high level program. Our fans could learn a lot from this history.

FSU bound. Which by the way, wanted to fire their coach in 2008 after not making the dance the first 6 years on campus. Went 19-15 the year before making the dance for the first time, also had 2 seasons under .500. Not counting the '20 season, since there was no tournament, Hamilton has only danced 7 out of 17 years. However, he's viewed as one of the best coaches in the game and has now built a high level program. Our fans could learn a lot from this history.

Good point. Coach FM has indeed increased the talent level at USC basketball. All that are needed are a couple of 4* level players added to the roster, and we would take off. Should we not be patient?

Good point. Coach FM has indeed increased the talent level at USC basketball. All that are needed are a couple of 4* level players added to the roster, and we would take off. Should we not be patient?
Yes, we should be patient with what Frank is putting together. That was my point. Until this past season, Hamilton's highest conf finish was 2nd (1 time). Took him 17 years to win the conf title.

With that said, Frank needs to get us in the dance this season (if they play). I believe he has the talent on the roster to get us there.

Reactions: ansoncock
FSU bound. Which by the way, wanted to fire their coach in 2008 after not making the dance the first 6 years on campus. Went 19-15 the year before making the dance for the first time, also had 2 seasons under .500 during this time. Not counting the '20 season, since there was no tournament, Hamilton has only danced 7 out of 17 years. However, he's viewed as one of the best coaches in the game and has now built a high level program. Our fans could learn a lot from this history.
Interesting comment that Hamilton is considered one of the best coaches in the game. I don’t know if I have heard that before.

Reactions: ddw1263
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT