ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Belk Rumors

Art__Vandelay

Apr 24, 2017
Upper West Side
Rumors swirling on social media that Josh Belk has cleaned out his locker and will be quitting football. Don’t think anything is confirmed but seems to be something going on.

Not terribly surprising if true, but sad to see. If true, gotta think he’s going through some tough stuff one way or another.

Anyone have any insight?

Where's the source on this? TigerNet? If so, I hope it isn't true.

I also hope Belk has more ambition than to drive a truck for the rest of his life. There's nothing wrong with being a truck driver, but if he gets serious about his conditioning and work ethic, he can be a first round pick. That would make him more in a year than he'd make in 20 driving a truck.

Hopefully, this is all BS, but we will see. Either way, don't bash the kid. Obviously, if he makes that decision he doesn't love the game and needs the money now.

Mike Uva‏@Mike_Uva 25 minutes ago

Just In: @wachfox has confirmed that Josh Belk is no longer with Gamecock football

10:49 AM - 13 Feb 2019

I don't want to argue with anybody but... IMHO this isn't a big loss. *IF* it's true, seems like something is amiss with him. Maybe it's health, maybe it's personal, and that's not for me to judge. All I'm saying is at the very least, he's not ready to give 100% to our team or maybe any team. (for whatever reason) I wish him well.

I don't want to bash the kid, because clearly he is dealing with some issues. Family, mental health, work ethic, etc. But... Something seemed fishy about this situation from the get go.

Wish him well and hope he gets on track. He did have some talent, but something was off on him competing at this level. This is probably the best solution for all parties involved.

Word from another board is he cleaned out locker and said he's quitting school to be a truck driver. TIFWIW

I have some experience dispatching Truck Drivers. I had this one driver named "Sidibi" (He wasn't from the USA) That dude was the like "Terminator" of truck drivers. Charlotte to Ohio? No problem. Ohio to NY and back to Charlotte? No problem. Even with the laws limiting their on the road time, he EASILY cleared $150K a year. Just sayin'.

If so this may have something to do with his mother's health on top of meeting the demands of the football team. I hear his mom is not in that great of shape. I'm willing to bet being pulled in two hemispheres makes it a little difficult to focus.

I have some experience dispatching Truck Drivers. I had this one driver named "Sidibi" (He wasn't from the USA) That dude was the like "Terminator" of truck drivers. Charlotte to Ohio? No problem. Ohio to NY and back to Charlotte? No problem. Even with the laws limiting their on the road time, he EASILY cleared $150K a year. Just sayin'.

Could need money for his family immediately and thinks that's the best route to do it. Who knows.

Mike Uva‏@Mike_Uva 22 minutes ago

According to a source close with the program, one of the main reasons for Belk’s departure is that he was having a hard time getting along with the team. @wachfox

I wonder if the reason he is having a hard time getting along with the team is because of his little trip to cowtown? But regardless, I hate it for the kid and hope life works out for him regardless of his career choice.

Do we lead the NCAA statistically on a historical basis in circumstances that lead to these type of situations? I've never seen an athletic program that seems to face these odd situations time and time again. You couldn't make this stuff up with what has happened to the overall sports department over the years.

Do we lead the NCAA statistically on a historical basis in circumstances that lead to these type of situations? I've never seen an athletic program that seems to face these odd situations time and time again. You couldn't make this stuff up with what has happened to the overall sports department over the years.

Agreed. We are the all time leaders in being the ass-end of jokes.

It's almost laughable at this point.

I wonder if the reason he is having a hard time getting along with the team is because of his little trip to cowtown? But regardless, I hate it for the kid and hope life works out for him regardless of his career choice.

Players are much less worried about the rivalry side of it than the fans are. Most of the team have friends on every team around the south.

Players are much less worried about the rivalry side of it than the fans are. Most of the team have friends on every team around the south.

You are probably right! But, I couldn't ever see Belk being accepted by the fans for that deal unless he turned out to be a world beater.

Mike Uva‏@Mike_Uva 22 minutes ago

According to a source close with the program, one of the main reasons for Belk’s departure is that he was having a hard time getting along with the team. @wachfox

Well, don't go to the Clemson game when you're team is playing on the road...

I'm sure that pissed off some players...

Just heard that he might have a back injury/issue. I can understand his concern if that’s the case. Last thing a big dude like that needs is a bad back.

Well, don't go to the Clemson game when you're team is playing on the road...

I'm sure that pissed off some players...
That's not what I read into that statement. We have two interior starters coming back, and we just recruited a guy on the inside that is a day one starter are pretty close. There may be some hard feelings....similar to what he faced at Clemson last year. This year they need him....as they were expecting to have Pickens all wrapped up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT