ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Vann just got You Got Mossed Gloves

I am guessing that he is tired of losing, and watching our football program crash every few years. He probably was hoping who ever was in charge of the coaching search would hire an experienced and successful head coach. Seems reasonable to me.
And I’m guessing y’all both wanted some cheating lying sell your soul to the devil guy like what’s his name from Liberty or Lane Kiffen.
Hiring a guy who had been a successful coordinator and a half ass head coach didn’t work either.
Give Beamer a chance. He is one hell of a guy and I have personally enjoyed my time with him.

And I’m guessing y’all both wanted some cheating lying sell your soul to the devil guy like what’s his name from Liberty it Lane Kiffen.
Speaking for only myself since you said y'all, no not at all, . There are good experienced coaches out there that can win the right way.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
and Beamer shrug his shoulders. Then puts him back in.
He literally spoke to him about it, got him to calm down and got him back out there. He benched Cam Smith at ECU after a similar pentalty but didn't yell at him. Clearly you prefer the Frank Martin style of screaming. Shane leads by example with stable emotions 24/7. Personally, I prefer the Beamer style. I think having a steady demeanor reflects well on your team in the long run. But you're entitled to feel how you feel! Go Cocks.

Speaking for only myself since you said y'all, no not at all, . There are good experienced coaches out there that can win the right way.
Please elaborate on win right away. Beamer did win right away (2-1). Now are you saying that these experienced coaches could come in HERE and win right away by beating Georgia, the #2 team, between the hedges? I dought the veracity of that statement.

Please elaborate on win right away. Beamer did win right away (2-1). Now are you saying that these experienced coaches could come in HERE and win right away by beating Georgia, the #2 team, between the hedges? I dought the veracity of that statement.
I did not say win right away. I said win the right way.

Josh just got best catch this week according to Randy Moss. To bad he got flagged for Unsportsmanlike conduct after that awesome catch.
Pretty prissy “taunting” call there imo. You know the Georgia guy was and had been running his mouth, was swiping at the ball even after they were already on the ground, and Vann had indeed Mossed him and was just kind of saying “gotcha”. Ah well, I’m sure if the Georgia guy had done that they would have flagged him. Mmm-hmm.

I did not say win right away. I said win the right way.
If you think a coach is going to come in and abruptly stop all this taunting that referees have let go for decades, you are fooling yourself and would probably end up with a team full of walk-ons. Even players on Alabama have gotten hit with taunting calls this year. Players are transferring now if you raise your voice too loud. So, a coach is going to have to navigate this landscape through instruction and calm correction. You also don’t bench your best players for too long to prove a point. Frank Martin has tried this and the program has went backwards ever since.

OK I'll bite, who are the coaches who could've beaten Georgia the right way?
Once again, I never said beat Georgia right away.
My only regret about hiring Beamer is it's a HUGE risk that was not necessary for USC to take. There were experienced coaches that would increase the chances of making us a winning SEC team. Beamer might become the greatest football coach in America, nobody knows. Just based on his coaching resume he is a long shot gamble. He shouldn't have been near the top of our list. It does not matter now. Someone with the finale say picked him. I hope it works out great for us.

You are listing some coaches who turned us down or was not interested. But go ahead and think you could have gotten one of these hired.
We interviewed Chadwell and Napier. Why did they turn us down? Did we even contact Luke Fickell, Matt Campbell, or PJ Fleck?

We interviewed Chadwell and Napier. Why did they turn us down? Did we even contact Luke Fickell, Matt Campbell, or PJ Fleck?
We turned them down. No one else got contacted directly. Perhaps through back channels to gauge interest but it wasn’t there

Reactions: WingchunCock
We turned them down. No one else got contacted directly. Perhaps through back channels to gauge interest but it wasn’t there
I think we were trying to hire a coach on the cheap side after paying Muschamp over 15 million dollars to vacate his office. Think about how stupid that was, and who is responsible for that gigantic mistake.
I believe Napier and Chadwell were not interested in coming here for the money we offered them.
The main thing wrong with South Carolina's football program is the mismanagement. We need an experienced football person to make the football decisions.

I think we were trying to hire a coach on the cheap side after paying Muschamp over 15 million dollars to vacate his office. Think about how stupid that was, and who is responsible for that gigantic mistake.
I believe Napier and Chadwell were not interested in coming here for the money we offered them.
The main thing wrong with South Carolina's football program is the mismanagement. We need an experienced football person to make the football decisions.
We hired who we wanted out of the available options. You may not like it, but for those in charge, we hired who they wanted.

We didn't pay Muschamp $15M.

Napier was more than interested.

A $12,000,000 payout could still bust the budget.
Money wasn't the issue.

Before you mention it....the only reason money became an issue with Martin is because a state legislator made a fuss about the payouts when the legislature was considering a spending bill for the medical school. The legislator either didn't know or didn't care that they were two seperate pots. It was a public relations issue at that point.

If you think a coach is going to come in and abruptly stop all this taunting that referees have let go for decades, you are fooling yourself and would probably end up with a team full of walk-ons. Even players on Alabama have gotten hit with taunting calls this year. Players are transferring now if you raise your voice too loud. So, a coach is going to have to navigate this landscape through instruction and calm correction. You also don’t bench your best players for too long to prove a point. Frank Martin has tried this and the program has went backwards ever since.
You got me confused with someone else. I never said anything about the taunting call, or what should have been done about it.

Money wasn't the issue.

Before you mention it....the only reason money became an issue with Martin is because a state legislator made a fuss about the payouts when the legislature was considering a spending bill for the medical school. The legislator either didn't know or didn't care that they were two seperate pots. It was a public relations issue at that point.
Was the huge buyout in Muschamps contract a good idea or a terrible idea?

Was the huge buyout in Muschamps contract a good idea or a terrible idea?
At the time it was made...hard to say. As it turned out....a bad idea. No different than other coaches at the same level of school....most have buyouts that fans curse at when they have to be paid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT