ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Vann just got You Got Mossed Gloves

The list is Chadwell and Napier…those two phenomenal coaches that no one else wanted last year.
So you wanted a coach that got fired from Clemson and another coach that doesn’t have p5 level experience? A lot of hot names that we wanted to be head coaches failed at bigger schools. Scott Frost and Tom Herman.

So you wanted a coach that got fired from Clemson and another coach that doesn’t have p5 level experience? A lot of hot names that we wanted to be head coaches failed at bigger schools. Scott Frost and Tom Herman.
Napier was more of a scapegoat at Clemson.

At the time it was made...hard to say. As it turned out....a bad idea. No different than other coaches at the same level of school....most have buyouts that fans curse at when they have to be paid.
It is tough to watch a coach who just crashed the Florida football program come here and crash ours too. Makes it even more aggravating when he walks away super rich because of the buyout.

It is tough to watch a coach who just crashed the Florida football program come here and crash ours too. Makes it even more aggravating when he walks away super rich because of the buyout.
Well, we avoided all that this time by hiring a virtual unknown. Anyone else on people's list would probably have demanded and received the same type of contract. Tennessee is paying on a couple of those now.

Well, we avoided all that this time by hiring a virtual unknown. Anyone else on people's list would probably have demanded and received the same type of contract. Tennessee is paying on a couple of those now.
I hope our next AD does not come from Tennessee.

Last December, I go to my hunt stand early with the goal of shooting a doe ( I had shot a buck already) as I needed one to offset the buck ( a requirement at my club). It's like 3:30 PM with a 5:20 PM sunset. So while waiting, I check out GC and see that Ray Tanner failed to get Muschamp's signature on a contract and it cost us money. In fact, I am reading all of these comments and look up, at 4:00 PM, and there is a doe charging my stand in broad daylight. I draw my rifle and in the process, bang it against metal on the ground blind, and just like that, she turns, and runs off, leaving me with no shot. Three nights later, I shoot a doe at 150 yards, dropped it, and go pick it up on my four wheeler. Yes, a nice deer but not a doe, so I am levied a $200.00 club fine for an undersized buck. I still want to thank Ray for this, as if he were normal AD, there would not have been the $15M discussion. I paid my $200.00 and just said nothing, but my wife sure as hell did.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TAV31 and 92Pony
Last December, I go to my hunt stand early with the goal of shooting a doe ( I had shot a buck already) as I needed one to offset the buck ( a requirement at my club). It's like 3:30 PM with a 5:20 PM sunset. So while waiting, I check out GC and see that Ray Tanner failed to get Muschamp's signature on a contract and it cost us money. In fact, I am reading all of these comments and look up, at 4:00 PM, and there is a doe charging my stand in broad daylight. I draw my rifle and in the process, bang it against metal on the ground blind, and just like that, she turns, and runs off, leaving me with no shot. Three nights later, I shoot a doe at 150 yards, dropped it, and go pick it up on my four wheeler. Yes, a nice deer but not a doe, so I am levied a $200.00 club fine for an undersized buck. I still want to thank Ray for this, as if he were normal AD, there would not have been the $12,000,000.00 discussion. I paid my $200.00 and just said, nothing.
That was the reduced payout under the new "unsigned" contract. $15M was the buyout in the original signed contract.

And any AD would have had us in the same boat. If you don't believe me, look at all the contracts signed by new coaches since Muschamp was fired.

Reactions: TAV31
That was the reduced payout under the new "unsigned" contract. $15M was the buyout in the original signed contract.

And any AD would have had us in the same boat. If you don't believe me, look at all the contracts signed by new coaches since Muschamp was fired.
Thanks, you are correct, it was $15M at that time. I have so adjusted my post.

Why did you want Beamer? I didn't want him because of inexperience. I thought it made hiring him too risky.
Because of the names being mentioned he was the only one who wouldn’t use the job as a stepping stone. When he was our recruiting coordinator we had our best years under Spurrier. And we had already done the retread HC and up and coming HC. It was time to try something different. He had also coached multiple positions and I think that is beneficial as a HC

umm, you obviously missed the conversation they had or you just conveniently left it out.. it was handled
Beaner addressed it right after the game in the presser and addressed it properly. Said that’s not how we are going to play here.

Once again, I never said beat Georgia right away.
My only regret about hiring Beamer is it's a HUGE risk that was not necessary for USC to take. There were experienced coaches that would increase the chances of making us a winning SEC team. Beamer might become the greatest football coach in America, nobody knows. Just based on his coaching resume he is a long shot gamble. He shouldn't have been near the top of our list. It does not matter now. Someone with the finale say picked him. I hope it works out great for us.
i just hope that you quit whining about it and lets pull for the team instead

What if Napier or Chadwell had done something you disagreed with in game 3? "We should have hired someone else, wahhhhhhhh"
What are you talking about? I never said anything about we should hire someone else because of something that happened in game three. The wahhhhhhhh in your post suggest you might be running late for school this morning.

What are you talking about? I never said anything about we should hire someone else because of something that happened in game three. The wahhhhhhhh in your post suggest you might be running late for school this morning.
I'm implying you're crying about the coaching hire. Meaning being kind of irrational or immature about it.

My reasoning is we are a miniscule sample size into said coach's regime. It would be equally ridiculous to make big judgments about Napier, Chadwell or whoever else we hired if it were the same situation.

Josh just got best catch this week according to Randy Moss. To bad he got flagged for Unsportsmanlike conduct after that awesome catch.
The offensive version of the Swearinger hit on that guy up at UPC, and with the same outcome - a wasted highlight. The personal expression was more important than the game.

Why did you want Beamer? I didn't want him because of inexperience. I thought it made hiring him too risky.
I get the inexperience, but did Dabo have experience? The Coach we fired had experience in the SEC and how did that work out for us? Sometimes you just have to take the risk and if it doesn't work out then it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg to make the change. Beamer has experienced a lot and can call on other experienced coaches including his dad, Spurrier, and Riley to name a few for needed experience. I hope he works out too but even hiring an experienced coach is a crap shoot. All we can do is support the program and hope we have the right guy for the job. I rather take a chance on a coach that wants to be in his dream job than one that thinks he is doing us a favor coming here and is looking forward to the next job. Or a high priced Coach who fails and we pay another 12M buyout.

Last edited:
I'm implying you're crying about the coaching hire. Meaning being kind of irrational or immature about it.

My reasoning is we are a miniscule sample size into said coach's regime. It would be equally ridiculous to make big judgments about Napier, Chadwell or whoever else we hired if it were the same situation.
Crying? not at all. I disagree with the choice from the start. You believe anyone who has a different opinion is being irrational and immature? For the second time I tell you I have made no disparaging post about game 1, 2, or 3.

I get the inexperience, but did Dabo have experience? The Coach we fired had experience in the SEC and how did that work out for us? Sometimes you just have to take the risk and if it doesn't work out then it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg to make the change. Beamer has experienced a lot and can call on other experienced coaches including his dad, Spurrier, and Riley to name a few for needed experience. I hope he works out too but even hiring an experienced coach is a crap shoot. All we can do is support the program and hope we have the right guy for the job. I rather take a chance on a coach that wants to be in his dream job than one that thinks he is doing us a favor coming here and is looking forward to the next job. Or a high priced Coach who fails and we pay another 12M buyout.
Like it or not, he is here and I am pulling for him. I hope he wins a lot of games. We are all tired of the losing.

Pittman at Arkansas has exact resume of Beamer. He won three games last year.

The ones slamming Beamer on here are the same ones singing the praises of Arkansas last year and this for that hire. Pittman is a good coach and turning things around in year two. Beamer should get the same support.

Pretty prissy “taunting” call there imo. You know the Georgia guy was and had been running his mouth, was swiping at the ball even after they were already on the ground, and Vann had indeed Mossed him and was just kind of saying “gotcha”. Ah well, I’m sure if the Georgia guy had done that they would have flagged him. Mmm-hmm.
It was a BS taunting call. Everyone knows it.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Yeah, but that experience should have been (and was) a big red flag. The Beamer hire didn't make me joyous at the time but I am a Beamer Gamecock fan until I see reason to revolt. I won't see that this season unless the team quits on him and even if that happens, I will probably stick with him until his own recruits are a factor.

How in the world did a post about Josh Vann being recognized for a great catch turn into this Muschamp/Napier/Chadwell pissing match?!?!? smh

Reactions: rogue cock
The offensive version of the Swearinger hit on that guy up at UPC, and with the same outcome - a wasted highlight. The personal expression was more important than the game.
No comparison between the two at all. None. With the exception that they were both 15 yards. One was blatant. One shouldn't have been called. And how was Swearinger's a wasted highlight when it still brings cheers from some people to this day? Just my opinion.

No comparison between the two at all. None. With the exception that they were both 15 yards. One was blatant. One shouldn't have been called. And how was Swearinger's a wasted highlight when it still brings cheers from some people to this day? Just my opinion.
Those people have chosen to reject the unpleasant aspect. That's up to them. I enjoyed the hit myself. My opinion is that both diminished great moments, hence the essential comparison. The only difference is the current enforcement emphasis - known by now to everyone.

Yeah, but that experience should have been (and was) a big red flag. The Beamer hire didn't make me joyous at the time but I am a Beamer Gamecock fan until I see reason to revolt. I won't see that this season unless the team quits on him and even if that happens, I will probably stick with him until his own recruits are a factor.
Yes, but most including me though he had learned from his mistakes, which is experience. We were wrong and he continued to do the same things he did at Florida and expected a different result. That is the definition of insanity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT