ADVERTISEMENT

Juniors...

psmith5532

Sep 14, 2008
Greenville, SC
With all the Juniors starting on this team how many of these will test the NFL draft? Otherwise It could be a Senior heavy team next year.

With all the Juniors starting on this team how many of these will test the NFL draft? Otherwise It could be a Senior heavy team next year.
Hoping none. Don't think there is a 1st or 2nd round pick among them this year. Maybe a third rounder or two. Another year could improve that greatly for some.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Pretty strong one. But should a kid really go if he can't project in the first round unless his family is eating paint chips?

Worst case;

Kinlaw
Wonnum
Edwards
Donnell Stanley

I hope none test the waters.

All of our Juniors suck!!! They need another year...
And, even if they return, they all need to be challenged by the newcomers. If the newcomers are better, then so be it. Tired of seeing mediocrity being rewarded. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and give the snaps to the player who has the highest ceiling.

And, even if they return, they all need to be challenged by the newcomers. If the newcomers are better, then so be it. Tired of seeing mediocrity being rewarded. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and give the snaps to the player who has the highest ceiling.

Ok. Wonnum , Kinlaw , B Edwards are mediocre to you ??? Good grief

Kinlaw is probably the only guy with a chance for a round 3 projection or better before the combine. He’s playing on a weak defense, getting double teamed all the time and still grading out high.

There have been questions about Edwards hands, top-end speed, and breaks on routes. Not sure he’s answered any of those questions in a positive way to make him a likely pick within 3 rounds. But he’d almost certainly be drafted somewhere. He can come back and show a better catch radious to help his cause.

Deebo, Bailey and Fenton will all be drafted this year. And Kinlaw and Edwards if they go. Will be good to see us getting multiple players drafted again. Good for the program.

If our history is any indication I wouldn’t be surprised if all those Juniors leave. Think about how many guys we had enter the draft that had no business doing so but did anyway . Wouldn’t surprise me at all of Edwards , DJ, Kinlaw all declared even if it meant going in the late rounds or signing a free agent deal . Think about it ... Quarles , Hampton , Ace , etc etc etc . I’ve lost count of how many came out early and either never made a roster or washed out in a few years . Sad but true .

I don’t think they’re mediocre but none are gonna go very high if they leave now. Edwards has had drops all year, DJ has been hurt half the year.

I was not saying they woukd go high in draft. I was responding to poster who insinuated they were mediocre players

Ok. Wonnum , Kinlaw , B Edwards are mediocre to you ??? Good grief

In terms of our team ... no . In terms of the NFL draft ...absolutely . Not one of these guys would go before the 5th round if that . The talent pool is that deep . Everyone of these guys would be considered projects at the NFL level as of now . Skai Moore went undrafted and we know how special he was .

If our history is any indication I wouldn’t be surprised if all those Juniors leave. Think about how many guys we had enter the draft that had no business doing so but did anyway . Wouldn’t surprise me at all of Edwards , DJ, Kinlaw all declared even if it meant going in the late rounds or signing a free agent deal . Think about it ... Quarles , Hampton , Ace , etc etc etc . I’ve lost count of how many came out early and either never made a roster or washed out in a few years . Sad but true .
Exactly!!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
In terms of our team ... no . In terms of the NFL draft ...absolutely . Not one of these guys would go before the 5th round if that . The talent pool is that deep . Everyone of these guys would be considered projects at the NFL level as of now . Skai Moore went undrafted and we know how special he was .

Not said anything about NFL. Was saying none of them are mediocre players.

We will lose a bowl then they'll all announce they're gone in the postgame press conference

I'd be shocked if Kinlaw returned next season. The NFL draft is not always about what the players did in college, but more about their potential in the NFL. 6'6'' 305 lbs. defensive linemen don't typically move the way Kinlaw does. He will be considered raw, but the upside is huge. His family economic situation is well known, so I think he will take the money and go, even if he's not given a first or second round grade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT