ADVERTISEMENT

Just a gentle reminder- negativity can harm our program

So censoring "opinions" you don't agree with is a good thing? Wow
It’s about the context of the platform. What is posted here should be different than what is on a “fire the coach dot com” site. Especially since Clemson fans can pose and post. When they do that, it’s not free speech, it’s weaponized speech intended to harm our athletic program.

It’s about the context of the platform. What is posted here should be different than what is on a “fire the coach dot com” site. Especially since Clemson fans can pose and post. When they do that, it’s not free speech, it’s weaponized speech intended to harm our athletic program.
Twitter would suspend the accounts of some of our posters if they did this on their site! 😂

Heath is and has been for some time the smartest local radio personality we have IMO. He is not a Gamecock fan- he pulls for Colorado. He does not run a fan board or have any incentive to support the opinions of those who do.

TFWIW

Are you not hijacking this thread to beat your drum over and over denying what was clearly stated? Arguing for the case of and encouraging the plight of those who do nothing but post negativity? Twisting the meaning of what others say to suit your POV and denigrating people for trying to do the right thing? Smells an awful lot like trolling to me. Call it what you want- smartass negative comments like yours are not helpful. Oh wait, you are a “realist” right? You are what your screen name says you are- a “lurker” who only pops up when you see an opportunity to dig somebody- that is most certainly trolling. You claim to want civil discourse and all you do is pick fights.

That was a nice speech. But I dont argue to defend those who "post nothing but negativity". I would argue to defend those who have a different opinion than you. (And that's not hijacking. )

And just like I thought, you're definition of trolls is spreading to include them too.

As for lurking, you got the definition wrong. Lurking on message boards (at least originally) was people who read but didn't post. I did that for years on this board. But dont let that stop you. Apparently anyone who questions you is a troll out to destroy south carolina football.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
That was a nice speech. But I dont argue to defend those who "post nothing but negativity". I would argue to defend those who have a different opinion than you. (And that's not hijacking. )

And just like I thought, you're definition of trolls is spreading to include them too.

As for lurking, you got the definition wrong. Lurking on message boards (at least originally) was people who read but didn't post. I did that for years on this board. But dont let that stop you. Apparently anyone who questions you is a troll out to destroy south carolina football.
Nope- just you and a few others. Keep twisting what I say and ignoring the point being made. It is a real good look.

Nope- just you and a few others. Keep twisting what I say and ignoring the point being made. It is a real good look.

Just the trolls, then those that argue they're harmless, then anyone who responds with something you dont think is positive enough, then we'll figure out who to add to the list next.

Just the trolls, then those that argue they're harmless, then anyone who responds with something you dont think is positive enough, then we'll figure out who to add to the list next.
You are the only one I have “added to the list” friend and with good reason.

Just a gentle reply - “....how about STFU”.

LOL.

See how that works? Both ways.

It takes a special level of cognitive dissonance to believe internet posters are the problem with this program and Administration, whether they are the blissfully Pollyanna, the self-important hall monitor wannabes, the intellectually honest who call a spade a spade or the over-the-top negative nellies
It was clearly meant to be ironic... Gentle is not really my nature.

Nobody said fans are THE problem, simply that some are becoming A problem. You can deny it all you want- JC did not make it up. We saw it first hand when Horn left and our most high profile recent draft pick took to Twitter to rip our fan base for going after him. The players (future, current, former) DO read what people post on line, they DO care and the out of control negativity IS a problem. You are kidding yourself if you refuse to accept that.

Well, I did "hikack" the thread about negative posting by talking about the topic. So you got me there.
I have had you the whole time, you just keep digging the hole deeper. You are wrong on this entire train of thought. We have seen too many examples play out in real life, I have already sighted more than one in this thread and you just keep plowing along trying to deflect by turning your ire on me. I would prefer to have you and the rest going after me than to see more attacks on our program- which is part of the reason I posted this thread and it is working quite well so far. Thank you for doing your part!

Reactions: WingchunCock
I have had you the whole time, you just keep digging the hole deeper. You are wrong on this entire train of thought. We have seen too many examples play out in real life, I have already sighted more than one in this thread and you just keep plowing along trying to deflect by turning your ire on me. I would prefer to have you and the rest going after me than to see more attacks on our program- which is part of the reason I posted this thread and it is working quite well so far. Thank you for doing your part!

You haven't sighted anything useful in this thread. Your examples were from people who are financially interested in message boards or a guy that said negativity doesn't help.

I agree it doesn't help. I also believe it doesn't hurt, which he doesn't contradict.

But yeah, you laid such an awesome trap. I havent seen anyone post anything negative except towards you in days. You're a mastermind.

No son, you COMPLETELY miss the point.

I'm taking from the "your perspective" I was referring to that you don't have much experience at a relatively high level in playing sports. I say this because your mindset is that of a fan, i.e., its all about wins and losses.

That is not the case; its about the program. The fan sees the record; it dictates how he can *discuss* the program, whether he does or does not have the upper hand with his clemson friends etc.

The athlete sees the program; the whos and the whats. Where and under whom he chooses to spend the next four or whatever years of his life and career beyond, and how he will benefit and grow from that choice. He hears, sees, and experiences things along these lines that the fan does not. Potential success of the program is a factor no doubt, but hardly the primary.

Fan character is MOST DEFINITELY a factor as well, and has been a relatively significant plus for us in the past; that is eroding, again most definitely. The fan watches and listens to espn talking head one liners and rhetoric and feels empowered that he, the fan, too has this pegged. He does not.

And contrare, the "negative posts" of the social media coaches being referred to both on here and by potential recruits are INDEED outlandish, and indicative of an ignorant fanbase. It is neither a warm and fuzzy nor a good look.

Au contrare. Talk about a social media BLOWHARD. Irony is so often lost on the simple.

You, “son”, bleat out your BACKSIDE (isn’t capitalization for effect cute?) more than Muschamp.

In reality, your RHETORIC is just as weak and empty as his was.

In fact, the bloviating is “indicative” of the “IGNORANT”fan that you (failingly) seek to mock. Lol. Projection..... you should look it up.

Sure, a simpleton only sees end results. Like Magoo the AD after year three of Chump, for example.

Just like a simpleton hears what a coach, administrator or resident nobody on a message board says and then bleats it out as truth. They lack the cognitive ability, or are simply unwilling, to critically analyze the good and the bad. First order thinking. Superficial. Checkers. Simple.

Coach-speak. Spin. Propaganda. Bumper sticker slogans like “Welcome Home” (LOL). Yeah, village idiots lap it up. It makes them “warm and fuzzy”.

Your homage to the tired narrative of Gamecock fan “character” in the days of old is as classic an example of SIMPLE as it gets.

“Iron Cocks”, sold out every Saturday regardless, I was there during 0-22, clap for losing BS. Losers, going to games on the cheap, patting themselves on the back for actually being part of the problem, not the solution.

Yeah, that fan character was on full display when a real AD showed up and transformed that pathetic culture.

Our laughingstock status and overall history of mediocrity (on the field, in recruiting and in perception) is also the manifestation of a pathetic culture.

A culture of cronyism. hiring (or appointing) unqualified people for positions they don’t deserve or did not earn with little no accountabilitymuch less a high standard of achievement.

It starts with the Board and how they are assigned and what their true motivations are. It is fully embodied by our BUMPKIN AD, who is as weak as it gets, extends to our hiring decisions cascades across the football program in almost all aspects and, ultimately, manifests itself in terms of wins and losses on the field.

It is so #UofSC.

In simple terms, stupid is as stupid does. Is there stupidity within our fanbase? Of course. Is there stupidity within our Administration and leadership structure? Absolutely.

There are certain hallmarks and characteristics of perpetually bad organizations and/or programs. Fan temperature, media slant, external perceptions are all manifestations. They aren’t the causal factors.

I think not having a staff after a month and missing on coaches is more negative to a recruit than a message board :mytwocents:
Lifer could be correct in that this guy has mental issues. Another take is that he is a troll and could quite possibly be employed by the cow college to denigrate our program. Wouldn't put it past them to use such tactics. Either way it is clearly evident that he is no USC fan! We will see if Heath is serious about his tweet.

It was clearly meant to be ironic... Gentle is not really my nature.

Nobody said fans are THE problem, simply that some are becoming A problem. You can deny it all you want- JC did not make it up. We saw it first hand when Horn left and our most high profile recent draft pick took to Twitter to rip our fan base for going after him. The players (future, current, former) DO read what people post on line, they DO care and the out of control negativity IS a problem. You are kidding yourself if you refuse to accept that.

You achieved irony.

I don’t really care how gentle or tough you think you are. Makes no never-mind to me.

In fairness, I understand your main point. Perception matters and the perception of our program and the Beamer hire aren’t good. A lot of negativity doesn’t help that.

But, it’s a manifestation of a seemingly never-ending series of dumb decisions made by unqualified people within our leadership.

Finally getting rid one of terrible mistake momentarily gave fans hope. Hope diminished when Magoo was allowed to be part of the hiring process. It waned further when it became clear Beamer was being hired. It dropped more as it has become clear the real reasons he was chosen and has hit rock bottom again as we see concerns manifest itself in what has been a really bad hiring process.

And, I could not begin to care less what JC says or believes. You lose all credibility trying to bolster your point by what he says. He’s a a schill, a blowhard and often proven to be FOS. He humorously tries to deflect when called out, but only the sheeple pay homage to that dolt. The others on TOS are fine.

My professional career revolves around problem solving. In existing real-world field applications and in R&D ideation and creation situations.

I care about the proximate issues. What are the true casual factors? What are the underlying, foundational concerns?

That doesn’t necessarily make me smart. But, it does make me intellectually honest. I can’t think any other way.

So, I do try and balance calling out the obvious problems that I see with our program, knowing things are not going to get better until the true problems are addressed, with being an alumnus and fan who wants us to be successful, to be happy and to have a positive image.

Rah rah and bumper stickers are fine for the masses. But, it doesn’t solve problems. We don’t exist in a vacuum. We aren’t going to out cheer our competition.

Beamer has no credentials. He must earn them. His hire was bolstered by a bunch of hype and hyperbole. He has made some good hires. Some bad ones and he has clearly missed on numerous candidates. It’s been underwhelming, not impressive. Some of it has been objectively laughable.

Most of his coaching hire struggles have been predictable. That’s the problem.

He had a chance to make a great first impression and create a really positive vibe. With actions, not words. So far, meh.

It’s a great time to be blissful. I wish I could simply bleat bleat sometimes.

You achieved irony.

I don’t really care how gentle or tough you think you are. Makes no never-mind to me.

In fairness, I understand your main point. Perception matters and the perception of our program and the Beamer hire aren’t good. A lot of negativity doesn’t help that.

But, it’s a manifestation of a seemingly never-ending series of dumb decisions made by unqualified people within our leadership.

Finally getting rid one of terrible mistake momentarily gave fans hope. Hope diminished when Magoo was allowed to be part of the hiring process. It waned further when it became clear Beamer was being hired. It dropped more as it has become clear the real reasons he was chosen and has hit rock bottom again as we see concerns manifest itself in what has been a really bad hiring process.

And, I could not begin to care less what JC says or believes. You lose all credibility trying to bolster your point by what he says. He’s a a schill, a blowhard and often proven to be FOS. He humorously tries to deflect when called out, but only the sheeple pay homage to that dolt. The others on TOS are fine.

My professional career revolves around problem solving. In existing real-world field applications and in R&D ideation and creation situations.

I care about the proximate issues. What are the true casual factors? What are the underlying, foundational concerns?

That doesn’t necessarily make me smart. But, it does make me intellectually honest. I can’t think any other way.

So, I do try and balance calling out the obvious problems that I see with our program, knowing things are not going to get better until the true problems are addressed, with being an alumnus and fan who wants us to be successful, to be happy and to have a positive image.

Rah rah and bumper stickers are fine for the masses. But, it doesn’t solve problems. We don’t exist in a vacuum. We aren’t going to out cheer our competition.

Beamer has no credentials. He must earn them. His hire was bolstered by a bunch of hype and hyperbole. He has made some good hires. Some bad ones and he has clearly missed on numerous candidates. It’s been underwhelming, not impressive. Some of it has been objectively laughable.

Most of his coaching hire struggles have been predictable. That’s the problem.

He had a chance to make a great first impression and create a really positive vibe. With actions, not words. So far, meh.

It’s a great time to be blissful. I wish I could simply bleat bleat sometimes.
Well by thinking you are on some honorable crusade to call out problems you see you have BECOME part of the problem. You are the one making up your mind to be miserable, like the rest of us you have no clue how successful Beamer will be here. What we do know is- the fans wanted WM gone, we fired him. We got a young up and coming coach who is a Carolina guy... That is what happened. Everything else is your OPINION formulated through your own bias. You spit this negativity as though it is fact, it is not. The hiring process’ success or failure is determined by the end results which, again we do not know yet. They have not even finished hiring yet and you are already implying it was a failure that smacks of an agenda. The hires he has made have been fantastic actually. Be got what may be the only STs coach in the country who is comparable to Beamer himself. He just hired an OC who is a THREE TIME Broyles award nominee, Stepp is as big of a HR hire as he could have made at WR coach... This ob paper has been a huge success. He has engineered an elite staff just like he said he would... Because some ignorant fans on a message board did not know the names beforehand does not mean they are bad hires. Your post is rife with irrelevant comparisons and opinions represented as factZ. As we have said over and over to people like yourself- if you are so upset with things, LEAVE. But at least Get TF out of the way and stop being part of the problem. We went 2-8 this year, the team has plenty of problems without tools like you making up lies to insult the coaches and players who are coming here to try to fix things.

Well by thinking you are on some honorable crusade to call out problems you see you have BECOME part of the problem. You are the one making up your mind to be miserable, like the rest of us you have no clue how successful Beamer will be here. What we do know is- the fans wanted WM gone, we fired him. We got a young up and coming coach who is a Carolina guy... That is what happened. Everything else is your OPINION formulated through your own bias. You spit this negativity as though it is fact, it is not. The hiring process’ success or failure is determined by the end results which, again we do not know yet. They have not even finished hiring yet and you are already implying it was a failure that smacks of an agenda. The hires he has made have been fantastic actually. Be got what may be the only STs coach in the country who is comparable to Beamer himself. He just hired an OC who is a THREE TIME Broyles award nominee, Stepp is as big of a HR hire as he could have made at WR coach... This ob paper has been a huge success. He has engineered an elite staff just like he said he would... Because some ignorant fans on a message board did not know the names beforehand does not mean they are bad hires. Your post is rife with irrelevant comparisons and opinions represented as factZ. As we have said over and over to people like yourself- if you are so upset with things, LEAVE. But at least Get TF out of the way and stop being part of the problem. We went 2-8 this year, the team has plenty of problems without tools like you making up lies to insult the coaches and players who are coming here to try to fix things.

“Well by thinking you are on some honorable crusade...”

Simpletons struggle with irony and projection. Your posts personify both.

I quite trading after that ironic statement from the Gamecock Messiah who in another response said he was happy to take the stones and arrows if it meant the staff was spared.

Gamecock Lifer had arisen to proselytize and absolve the sheeple of their perceived sins

LOL.

#BleatBleat

Last edited:
Au contrare. Talk about a social media BLOWHARD. Irony is so often lost on the simple.

You, “son”, bleat out your BACKSIDE (isn’t capitalization for effect cute?) more than Muschamp.

In fact, the bloviating is “indicative” of the “IGNORANT”fan that you (failingly) seek to mock. Lol. Projection..... you should look it up.

Sure, a simpleton only sees end results. Like Magoo the AD after year three of Chump, for example.

Just like a simpleton hears what a coach, administrator or resident nobody on a message board says and then bleats it out as truth. They lack the cognitive ability, or are simply unwilling, to critically analyze the good and the bad. First order thinking. Superficial. Checkers. Simple.

Coach-speak. Spin. Propaganda. Bumper sticker slogans like “Welcome Home” (LOL). Yeah, village idiots lap it up. It makes them “warm and fuzzy”.

Your homage to the tired narrative of Gamecock fan “character” in the days of old is as classic an example of SIMPLE as it gets.

“Iron Cocks”, sold out every Saturday regardless, I was there during 0-22, clap for losing BS. Losers, going to games on the cheap, patting themselves on the back for actually being part of the problem, not the solution.

Yeah, that fan character was on full display when a real AD showed up and transformed that pathetic culture.

Our laughingstock status and overall history of mediocrity (on the field, in recruiting and in perception) is also the manifestation of a pathetic culture.

A culture of cronyism. hiring (or appointing) unqualified people for positions they don’t deserve or did not earn with little no accountabilitymuch less a high standard of achievement.

It starts with the Board and how they are assigned and what their true motivations are. It is fully embodied by our BUMPKIN AD, who is as weak as it gets, extends to our hiring decisions cascades across the football program in almost all aspects and, ultimately, manifests itself in terms of wins and losses on the field.

It is so #UofSC.

In simple terms, stupid is as stupid does. Is there stupidity within our fanbase? Of course. Is there stupidity within our Administration and leadership structure? Absolutely.

There are certain hallmarks and characteristics of perpetually bad organizations and/or programs. Fan temperature, media slant, external perceptions are all manifestations. They aren’t the causal factors.
Imagine if you put this much effort into an education for yourself.

“Well by thinking you are on some honorable crusade...”

Simpletons struggle with irony and projection. Your posts personify both.

I quite trading after that ironic statement from the Gamecock Messiah who in another response said he was happy to take the stones and arrows if it meant the staff was spared.

Gamecock Lifer had arisen to proselytize and absolve the sheeple of their perceived sins

LOL.

#BleatBleat
You are really ate up with yourself and too blind to see exactly how well what you are picking on me about is working. The fact you are replying to me means I have accomplished my goal. Keep it up buddy- tell me more about MY issues. I welcome insults from fools like you.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Imagine if you put this much effort into an education for yourself.

Aww. How cute. Another wanna be little board bully.

Yes, let’s dare to dream for a moment shall we. One shiny moment!

If only I had buckled down and tried really, really, really hard, instead of hanging out with all the neighborhood idiots who thought they were really cool.

Then, I just might have one day achieved the dream and actually matriculated from UofSC.

Then, I could click my heels together and say #WelcomeHome, #WelcomeHone.

LOL. You freaking dolt.

You are really ate up with yourself and too blind to see exactly how well what you are picking on me about is working. The fact you are replying to me means I have accomplished my goal. Keep it up buddy- tell me more about MY issues. I welcome insults from fools like you.

LOL.

Such hostility.... Oh my.... The truest sign of truth being told. LOL.

Project on “Fool”.

It truly is entertaining!!

If only I had buckled down and tried really, really, really hard, instead of hanging out with all the neighborhood idiots who thought they were really cool.

Then, I just might have one day achieved the dream and actually matriculated from UofSC.

LOL. You freaking dolt.
You win the award for most words while saying nothing.

LOL.

Such hostility.... Oh my.... The truest sign of truth being told. LOL.

Project on “Fool”.

It truly is entertaining!!
You do realize you called me names in your last post right? Did you forget already? Yes I agree this is downright comical at this point... Again- keep it up! Thank you for being so obedient thus far.

You win the award for most words while saying nothing.

There is that irony thing again.

You simpletons struggle mightily with it.

You try so hard to seem intelligent only to be betrayed by your own words.

It’s one of the more amusing dynamics of community message boards and social media in general.

But, when the average person is an idiot, then....... bleat, bleat.

There is that irony thing again.

You simpletons struggle mightily with it.

You try so hard to seem intelligent only to be betrayed by your own words.

It’s one of the more amusing dynamics of community message boards and social media in general.

But, when the average person is an idiot, then....... bleat, bleat.

Ouch man, you really got me there. How will I ever recover?

It is so #UofSC.

Aren’t you the sweetest.

Reactions: GMCCK97nHTWN
You do realize you called me names in your last post right? Did you forget already? Yes I agree this is downright comical at this point... Again- keep it up! Thank you for being so obedient thus far.

You’re welcome little one!

Don’t feel bad. There is nothing wrong with not being able to measure up.

It’s explains a lot. Compensate on though!

LOL.

You’re welcome little one!

Don’t feel bad. There is nothing wrong with not being able to measure up.

It’s explains a lot. Compensate on though!

LOL.
Wow... You have no idea how stupid you are making yourself look do you? 😂

This is classic. Keep owning me please..

Reactions: Robhawk29

LOL. You freaking dolt.
Does UofSC bother anyone else?

Reactions: WingchunCock
The fan base wants to win. To suggest otherwise is incorrect. What you want is everyone to be angry and bitter like you...

All i've seen from your posts is that you're most interested in telling other posters you're a better fan than them.

I want Gamecock football to be good again. I don't have any interest in extending this misery.

All i've seen from your posts is that you're most interested in telling other posters you're a better fan than them.

I want Gamecock football to be good again. I don't have any interest in extending this misery.
The guy you are referencing is clearly just another tater troll. I will not give him the satisfaction of responding to any more of his garbage.

Then you obviously haven’t read very many of them. It is possible to be a fan without trashing the new HC and the administration. Try it.

Beamer needs to give us a reason to believe in him. The fans got Chad Morris fired in two years. No reason to give Beamer 4 years if he can't give us a reason to believe in him.
Well then, how about giving him a chance to do that ON THE FIELD, instead of immediately bashing every staff hire he makes that isn’t a well-known big name. Just because you "never heard of this guy” doesn’t mean he’s not a quality coach!

Well then, how about giving him a chance to do that ON THE FIELD, instead of immediately bashing every staff hire he makes that isn’t a well-known big name. Just because you "never heard of this guy” doesn’t mean he’s not a quality coach!

He’s going to get a chance obviously as he’s been hired.

Are you saying, we have to say he’s a good hire without him ever proving himself?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT