ADVERTISEMENT

Just a gentle reminder- negativity can harm our program

I don't want to write "oh snap" after every one of these...but we don't need L. Riley to tell us that his titles given to assistant coaches are near meaningless within the day to day operations of their program and serve to only help their resumes and boost salaries because......
although we all know who calls the plays (everything runs through him) of the four assistnat coaches.....all FOUR have extra titles to their jobs.
Co-OC/ offensive line
Co-OC/Inside receivers
Associate HC/ Outside receivers
AND the wonderful Associate HC/ TE coach (our very own Shane Beamer).
Bottom line is...I guess OU is dripping with HC candidates because besides Riley, of their four on the field coaches under Riley on offense they are all AHCs or Coordinators.
Riley himself said Shane would make a great HC. Guess he didn’t know what he was talking about because he didn’t clear that comment with you. Geez, you need to change your screen name to Eeyore, because everything is doom and gloom with you.

Riley himself said Shane would make a great HC. Guess he didn’t know what he was talking about because he didn’t clear that comment with you. Geez, you need to change your screen name to Eeyore, because everything is doom and gloom with you.
Nice misdirection.
Any comment about the four assistant offensive coaches - ALL 4 with coordinator or AHC titles?

I'm not insulting anyone....just joking that I should be upset Lincoln doesn't know who I am (it doesn't matter...but I have met him by the way...and his brother) just like Lady GaGa doesn't know Wing Chung tonight....because I see him/her/they as being a big fan. I could be wrong.

It's not doom and gloom. Love the Stepp hire. ST hire is pretty darn good too.

Nice misdirection.
Any comment about the four assistant offensive coaches - ALL 4 with coordinator or AHC titles?

I'm not insulting anyone....just joking that I should be upset Lincoln doesn't know who I am (it doesn't matter...but I have met him by the way...and his brother) just like Lady GaGa doesn't know Wing Chung tonight....because I see him/her/they as being a big fan. I could be wrong.

It's not doom and gloom. Love the Stepp hire. ST hire is pretty darn good too.
It’s just the constant sky is falling refrain. It gets really old.

It's such a weird "burn", because he's insulting himself at the same time. Unless he is claiming to be friends with Lincoln Riley.

LOL,

They do struggle mightily with irony.

It’s too hard for them to process that in trying so hard to sound smart or to validate their opinion as fact, they generally just end up insulting themselves.

It is amusing to see the struggle though. At least until it devolves into boorish meandering.

As to the proximate point in question, if Beamer (with Shaw) and a new offensive vision fails to keep Stockton, then that falls squarely on Beamers’’ shoulders.

Deflection and excuses will help some feel better, but it won’t change who will be to blame.

Edit. In fairness to Beamer, if Stockton goes to AU, then Bobo dumping him after the proposal would certainly be a factor and not Shane’s fault.

You’d hope Stockton and his family would not look favorably on the Bobo exit, but there are a lot of personal and familial relationship dynamics at play that we can’t know.

I do hope he sticks and turns into our Watson or Horseface. We need a break or two and so does Beamer.

Last edited:
We could have hired a bunch of clowns and you would have been talking about rainbows/butterfly’s/unicorns. I like winning and we are regressing with these hires. I am concerned.
Nope. I like winning too. Beamer will end up being a much better hire than Muschamp.

Nope. I like winning too. Beamer will end up being a much better hire than Muschamp.

Better than Muschamp we can agree on although I’m not sure if it’ll translate into any more wins.

Low bar to cross for sure.

He is infinitely easier to root for though. No question.

It’s just the constant sky is falling refrain. It gets really old.
I think this is a bold statement. WM wasn't on my personal top 10 list of hires when he was hired...but there was some light at the end of the tunnel given his resume, experience and proof of what he had accomplished to that point in his career. Of course....at UF as a HC in the very same league and sub-conf. he was returning to HC in nobody without blinders on was jumping up and down or expecting too much in Columbia....but WM has and had a much better grip on how to run a program than SB does right now. That's indisputable. WM had an extremely solid resume as a DC, and though a middling HC...he did have to do it in the SEC (Where MOST HCs will be .500-.55% win ratio at best). I just hope SB gets to .500% during his tenure....I think that will be the best we can hope for even with the UF and UT issues/stuff looming.

I think this is a bold statement. WM wasn't on my personal top 10 list of hires when he was hired...but there was some light at the end of the tunnel given his resume, experience and proof of what he had accomplished to that point in his career. Of course....at UF as a HC in the very same league and sub-conf. he was returning to HC in nobody without blinders on was jumping up and down or expecting too much in Columbia....but WM has and had a much better grip on how to run a program than SB does right now. That's indisputable. WM had an extremely solid resume as a DC, and though a middling HC...he did have to do it in the SEC (Where MOST HCs will be .500-.55% win ratio at best). I just hope SB gets to .500% during his tenure....I think that will be the best we can hope for even with the UF and UT issues/stuff looming.
Yet with all that WM went downhill very quickly and our players never got better.

Yet with all that WM went downhill very quickly and our players never got better.
Somewhat....but I think he and the staff he assembled miss greatly on "talent" and what it takes to win on offense in the SEC. It can be argued the scheme was lacking as well.....a lot of talk about doing certain schematic things....but we never did them well, or with any consistency. Mobile QBs and speedy receivers with RPO concepts mixed in....ain't what we got out of KR or BMac.

If you get the wrong guys...it's hard to make them better.

No, he will just choose the other school. That is my point.

My point is that a decision based on such a flimsy premise is not a solid commitment at all. To either school. And that athlete probably wont stick at the school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT