ADVERTISEMENT

Just a gentle reminder- negativity can harm our program

Well by thinking you are on some honorable crusade to call out problems you see you have BECOME part of the problem. You are the one making up your mind to be miserable, like the rest of us you have no clue how successful Beamer will be here. What we do know is- the fans wanted WM gone, we fired him. We got a young up and coming coach who is a Carolina guy... That is what happened. Everything else is your OPINION formulated through your own bias. You spit this negativity as though it is fact, it is not. The hiring process’ success or failure is determined by the end results which, again we do not know yet. They have not even finished hiring yet and you are already implying it was a failure that smacks of an agenda. The hires he has made have been fantastic actually. Be got what may be the only STs coach in the country who is comparable to Beamer himself. He just hired an OC who is a THREE TIME Broyles award nominee, Stepp is as big of a HR hire as he could have made at WR coach... This ob paper has been a huge success. He has engineered an elite staff just like he said he would... Because some ignorant fans on a message board did not know the names beforehand does not mean they are bad hires. Your post is rife with irrelevant comparisons and opinions represented as factZ. As we have said over and over to people like yourself- if you are so upset with things, LEAVE. But at least Get TF out of the way and stop being part of the problem. We went 2-8 this year, the team has plenty of problems without tools like you making up lies to insult the coaches and players who are coming here to try to fix things.
Well said and great post.

This type of thread has appeared on here periodically for the nearly 21 years I have been on this board. It won't change.

Reactions: PC31
We are doing nothing more than every other college athletic programs Fanbase . When times are good we’re happy , when times are bad we complain . That’s every program in America . Fans are upset after going thru a Muschamp trainwreck that everyone in America except Ray Tanner a few Sunshine Pumpers on here knew would be a disaster. The fanbase is pissed . Bring in Beamer and there’s optimism but in all honesty the staff he’s assembled is just tremendously underwhelming to say the least . When the name Marcus Satterfield was announced every single person on this board had the same response ... “Who??” It’s just the truth . He may turn out to be a home run but at this point(like Beamer) it’s a complete unknown . As far as JC’s comments. ... come on bro . Every team in college football has the same thing going on unless they’re winning titles every year . If Stockton goes elsewhere it’s because he doesn’t trust the direction of the team or maybe has a better relationship with Bobo , not because a few internet keyboard warriors are playing “Mean Girl” Winning cures all .

I know who you pumpers voted for in nov.
Lifer could be correct in that this guy has mental issues. Another take is that he is a troll and could quite possibly be employed by the cow college to denigrate our program. Wouldn't put it past them to use such tactics. Either way it is clearly evident that he is no USC fan! We will see if Heath is serious about his tweet.
i expect this to be the case. Whether it’s Clemson paid or Beamer train paid....there is definite intent on spin from these pumpers. Overly optimistic people aren’t this dedicated to their message.
Go ask a Clemson fan if they like SB and current staff at UsC. After the laughter ...their answer will be “absolutely”.

You want positivity from football fans? Then Do something remotely good and we will be all about it.

Last edited:
make a

i expect this to be the case. Whether it’s Clemson paid or Beamer train paid....there is definite intent on spin from these pumpers. Overly optimistic people aren’t this dedicated to their message.
Go ask a Clemson fan if they like SB and current staff at UsC. After the laughter ...their answer will be “absolutely”.

You want positivity from football fans? Then Do something remotely good and we will be all about it.
Why’s everything gotta be political for you?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
make a

Yep. No one loves our moves more than our competition.

Someone in another thread mentioned Cockytalk. I remember being on there for a little while.

But, that board devolved into a handful of grumpy old guys who shook their fist at anything that wasn’t sunshine and yelled to get off their lawn if they got their feelings hurt. Predictably, the board died.

I see there are a handful of ex-Cockytalkers on here. They are easy spot. They seem to think they run the board and only things they like should be posted.

When you call them out, they gang together like a little band of mean girls. LOL. It’s cute.

They also seem to think the ignore feature is some kind of punishment. Poor little fellas. If weak sheeple want a safe space, then they should definitely ignore me. They are the type of people that I ignore all the time in real life.

Now, to be fair on the coaching staff though, some of the hires seem to make good sense. The DC choice could be one of those where we got in before he became a name at the P5 level.

Stepp and the ST guy are accomplished and qualified (rare for a UofSC hire).

Maybe the DB guy will bring the positive attributes of T-Robbery, but be better at his job.

Des seemed to do a great job with the RBs (although Bobo got all the credit but now doesn’t matter since he left......lol).

Kimrey is, meh, whatever.

OC hire is laughable. He does not embody what Beamer said he wanted. But, hey, at least he has a couple years as OC. Makes him more qualified than BMac (who pumpers also supported until the obvious hit them upside the head).

But hey. it’s the hopeful season. The real fun will occur when the games start!

97...agree with most of that.
love the steppe hire and really like the ST hire. I think the coordinator hires are 100% wrong direction....but don’t even think it’s Beamers fault. A lot of us knew these Type hires would be inevitable if we went in hisdirection as the HC hire.

Unless he has questions about the hire himself why would he care what anyone says? Beamer hired him, for now at least it is what it is and personally I’m just happy it isn’t Bobo. There is one sure fire way of stopping negativity and that’s improving and winning. If you’re looking for everyone to be happy with every decision your S.O.L.

Not sure if you ever want USC to be good again but negativity just to be negative isn’t going to help get us there. “This sucks” “we suck”, “we’ll be in the same place in 3-5 years” w/out explaining your reasons why looks like a bunch of cry babies.

It might be good if fans did some research and maybe waited a little to see what Beamers and Satterfield’s game plan is for our offense in the future.

But this is a free world and a free forum.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Not sure if you ever want USC to be good again but negativity just to be negative isn’t going to help get us there. “This sucks” “we suck”, “we’ll be in the same place in 3-5 years” w/out explaining your reasons why looks like a bunch of cry babies.

It might be good if fans did some research and maybe waited a little to see what Beamers and Satterfield’s game plan is for our offense in the future.

But this is a free world and a free forum.
Maybe but again why would anyone care if someone else thinks Satterfield sucks unless you also think Satterfield sucks and it is enforcing a concern you already have.

If you think Satterfield is a great hire and you are comfortable in his system and think he’ll surprise people then let him surprise people.

In the end it doesn’t matter. Someone will be right and someone will be wrong and unless you’re concerned with being the person who is wrong then no big deal.

Free forum/pay forum doesn’t really matter. They are all time wasters and just a way to communicate with fellow fans whether you agree with them or not. I’d prefer not to have everyone just sit around and repeat the same things over and over whether positive or negative.

Not sure if you ever want USC to be good again but negativity just to be negative isn’t going to help get us there.

I get what you're trying to say, but when has being positive just to be positive ever gotten us there?

One of the things we've always had was a lot of hope and optimism.

I get what you're trying to say, but when has being positive just to be positive ever gotten us there?

One of the things we've always had was a lot of hope and optimism.
Again, being positive just to be positive is not the request at hand. What people are saying is we should probably give the staff in place a chance to do stuff like ohh I don’t know- “coach some football games” or maybe “finish a recruiting/transfer class”... Before we start attacking the new staff. Nothing about that is unreasonable.

Again, being positive just to be positive is not the request at hand. What people are saying is we should probably give the staff in place a chance to do stuff like ohh I don’t know- “coach some football games” or maybe “finish a recruiting/transfer class”... Before we start attacking the new staff. Nothing about that is unreasonable.

I'm curious, have you told any of the posters making positive claims that they should wait and see before making such posts?

Yep. No one loves our moves more than our competition.

Someone in another thread mentioned Cockytalk. I remember being on there for a little while.

But, that board devolved into a handful of grumpy old guys who shook their fist at anything that wasn’t sunshine and yelled to get off their lawn if they got their feelings hurt. Predictably, the board died.

I see there are a handful of ex-Cockytalkers on here. They are easy spot. They seem to think they run the board and only things they like should be posted.

When you call them out, they gang together like a little band of mean girls. LOL. It’s cute.

They also seem to think the ignore feature is some kind of punishment. Poor little fellas. If weak sheeple want a safe space, then they should definitely ignore me. They are the type of people that I ignore all the time in real life.

Now, to be fair on the coaching staff though, some of the hires seem to make good sense. The DC choice could be one of those where we got in before he became a name at the P5 level.

Stepp and the ST guy are accomplished and qualified (rare for a UofSC hire).

Maybe the DB guy will bring the positive attributes of T-Robbery, but be better at his job.

Des seemed to do a great job with the RBs (although Bobo got all the credit but now doesn’t matter since he left......lol).

Kimrey is, meh, whatever.

OC hire is laughable. He does not embody what Beamer said he wanted. But, hey, at least he has a couple years as OC. Makes him more qualified than BMac (who pumpers also supported until the obvious hit them upside the head).

But hey. it’s the hopeful season. The real fun will occur when the games start!
This nails it perfectly.

Reactions: GMCCK97nHTWN
If Stockton goes elsewhere it’s because he doesn’t trust the direction of the team or maybe has a better relationship with Bobo , not because a few internet keyboard warriors are playing “Mean Girl” Winning cures all .
Convenient attitude for the miserable sisters of Gamecock social media.

These "warriors" (lol) are like the bratty kid you see in a walmart when the parent isn't going to buy some toy they saw in there.

Convenient attitude for the miserable sisters of Gamecock social media.

These "warriors" (lol) are like the bratty kid you see in a walmart when the parent isn't going to buy some toy they saw in there.

My point is Stockton is not going to change his commitment because fans were “Mean on social media “. If he goes elsewhere it probably has way more to do with his commitment to the staff that is no longer there . Will be interesting to see how it plays out . As long as Shaw stays involved I thing he sticks but if our offense is a mess next year who could blame him for looking elsewhere . The ball is squarely in Beamer and Satterfields court

My point is Stockton is not going to change his commitment because fans were “Mean on social media “. If he goes elsewhere it probably has way more to do with his commitment to the staff that is no longer there . Will be interesting to see how it plays out . As long as Shaw stays involved I thing he sticks but if our offense is a mess next year who could blame him for looking elsewhere . The ball is squarely in Beamer and Satterfields court
Pretty sure if Stockton himself is mentioning negative comments it will have an impact on his decision.

If you all put as much effort into pressuring the University to start taking the Athletic Department and it's leadership as seriously as "fan chatter" on a message board, maybe we would be getting somewhere.

Of course, getting somewhere would be contrary to your cause now wouldn't it, taters.

If you all put as much effort into pressuring the University to start taking the Athletic Department and it's leadership as seriously as "fan chatter" on a message board, maybe we would be getting somewhere.

Of course, getting somewhere would be contrary to your cause now wouldn't it, taters.
Are you claiming everyone who is taking a wait and see approach or who likes the hire is a Tater?

I don't believe "mean on social media" is the optic my friend.

Curious how you and your bros think you know how recruits perceive and think.

Maybe in general, but you never know what affects a 16 year old.

Unfortunately, it’s easier for the kid to blame the fans than actual coaches.

So we will probably end up being blamed or his decommitment and posters like the one you’re responding to will not realize it’s just lip speech.

Reactions: DeBoer31

Don’t want to sit around and espouse the greatness of an unproven staff? Cool

Have some doubts about a hire? Fair

Turning into an internet troll who bashes our program, administration, coaches and recently committed PLAYERS in every thread they are mentioned? Not ok. It does matter and people who can affect our trajectory do see it and while a handful of these trolls are fans of other schools intentionally trying to sabotage us... The vast majority are not. If you claim to be a Carolina fan and find your online activity falling in line with the extreme negativity being referred to here- how about STFU? Seriously- some of you should be absolutely ashamed.
You make a valid point, but I don't see an issue with honesty being spoken on this board either. Honesty can be perceived as negativity if the reader disagrees with the statement. As a 63 year old, life-long Gamecock fan, I can assure you that "positivity" didn't help much over the years either.

You make a valid point, but I don't see an issue with honesty being spoken on this board either. Honesty can be perceived as negativity if the reader disagrees with the statement. As a 63 year old, life-long Gamecock fan, I can assure you that "positivity" didn't help much over the years either.
Honesty is fine... what we see a lot of is people intentionally denigrating coaches and incoming players by diminishing their experiences or potential... The most common we see is implying Shane has no relevant coaching experience because he is “just a TE coach”... When in fact he had multiple roles at OU including AHC and two position coaching roles as well as assisting with STs and any “extras” that Tiley needed help with... He was most certainly more than just a “TE coach”... This type of intentional omission is tantamount to lying and certainly not “honest”... Or people who attack recent transfers or commits because they come from a smaller school or had unimpressive offer lists.. Honesty= nobody knows how they will turn out.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Honesty is fine... what we see a lot of is people intentionally denigrating coaches and incoming players by diminishing their experiences or potential... The most common we see is implying Shane has no relevant coaching experience because he is “just a TE coach”... When in fact he had multiple roles at OU including AHC and two position coaching roles as well as assisting with STs and any “extras” that Tiley needed help with... He was most certainly more than just a “TE coach”... This type of intentional omission is tantamount to lying and certainly not “honest”... Or people who attack recent transfers or commits because they come from a smaller school or had unimpressive offer lists.. Honesty= nobody knows how they will turn out.
Gotcha. I'm actually a Beamer fan, and believe he could be great as a head coach. Time will tell.

Unfortunately, it’s easier for the kid to blame the fans than actual coaches.

So we will probably end up being blamed or his decommitment and posters like the one you’re responding to will not realize it’s just lip speech.

During this same discussion from years past, I remember what I thought was a pretty funny comment.

If a recruit likes the schools, coaches, offense/defense being run, depth chart and campus, do you want the kid that passes on that because of something on an anonymous message board?

During this same discussion from years past, I remember what I thought was a pretty funny comment.

If a recruit likes the schools, coaches, offense/defense being run, depth chart and campus, do you want the kid that passes on that because of something on an anonymous message board?
Well no but if it’s a coin flip with another school, you never know what will tip the scale.

The problem is, we have no idea what he actually did as AHC. You’re just making assumptions.

Give Lincoln Riley a call, he’ll tell you. Oh snap, he has no idea who you are....
I don't want to write "oh snap" after every one of these...but we don't need L. Riley to tell us that his titles given to assistant coaches are near meaningless within the day to day operations of their program and serve to only help their resumes and boost salaries because......
although we all know who calls the plays (everything runs through him) of the four assistnat coaches.....all FOUR have extra titles to their jobs.
Co-OC/ offensive line
Co-OC/Inside receivers
Associate HC/ Outside receivers
AND the wonderful Associate HC/ TE coach (our very own Shane Beamer).
Bottom line is...I guess OU is dripping with HC candidates because besides Riley, of their four on the field coaches under Riley on offense they are all AHCs or Coordinators.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT