ADVERTISEMENT

Just from 2 possessions, it’s very clear that

sickoftryingtothinkofausername

Oct 29, 2008
Doty is the closest thing we’ve had to Connor Shaw since Connor Shaw. No matter who the next coach is, it needs to be someone who has the basic understanding that we will never be able to have consistent powerhouse OL talent like Alabama, Georgia, LSU, etc and therefore we MUST develop QBs who can make plays outside the pocket. We don’t need a “run first” QB like Pinkins, Jenkins, and Newton, but we DO need a QB who can make positives when a play breaks down. A QB who can keep a defense honest with his legs is a great neutralizer.

Been looking forward to Doty getting an opportunity. Start him the rest of the season. Can only get better with experience. I remember watching Shaw play sparingly in 2010 behind Garcia. He ran the ball a lot and his passing game improved with experience. Same applies with Doty.
I think Doty looked better than Shaw did early on....at least passing. He;s got an arm, just needs to get more used to the routes and timing with receivers.

Been looking forward to Doty getting an opportunity. Start him the rest of the season. Can only get better with experience. I remember watching Shaw play sparingly in 2010 behind Garcia. He ran the ball a lot and his passing game improved with experience. Same applies with Doty.
Even Mike Morgan said at the end of the broadcast that he thinks we may have found something in Doty. Unfortunately, he doesn't get to make that decision.

Tonight showed me a few things
1) after all the stuff going on the past few days the players that suited up tonight didn’t quit. They may not have executed every play but the effort was there
2) It’s clear that Doty gives this team the best chance to compete and win
3) based on the energy level of the team when Doty was in there it seems as though they’ve also known who gives them the best chance to compete.
4) Bobo should be let go tomorrow, there is no excuse for Hill to have gotten almost all of the snaps so far this year. None.

1) after all the stuff going on the past few days the players that suited up tonight didn’t quit. They may not have executed every play but the effort was there
3) based on the energy level of the team when Doty was in there it seems as though they’ve also known who gives them the best chance to compete.
4) Bobo should be let go tomorrow, there is no excuse for Hill to have gotten almost all of the snaps so far this year. None.
The problem with the practice evals. was that Hill looked good in practice because it was against our defense which can’t get any pressure on the QB whatsoever. With no pressure Hill is pretty good but once he faces another team with a pass rush he crumples.

The problem with the practice evals. was that Hill looked good in practice because it was against our defense which can’t get any pressure on the QB whatsoever. With no pressure Hill is pretty good but once he faces another team with a pass rush he crumples.
Enagbare is the SEC sack leader.

Doty is the closest thing we’ve had to Connor Shaw since Connor Shaw. No matter who the next coach is, it needs to be someone who has the basic understanding that we will never be able to have consistent powerhouse OL talent like Alabama, Georgia, LSU, etc and therefore we MUST develop QBs who can make plays outside the pocket. We don’t need a “run first” QB like Pinkins, Jenkins, and Newton, but we DO need a QB who can make positives when a play breaks down. A QB who can keep a defense honest with his legs is a great neutralizer.

Let us hope we do not need a "run for your life" quarterback like Anthony Wright, one of my ATFs.

Unfortunately, I don't get SEC Alternate channel so I'm having to enjoy this game vicariously.

if you have ESPN on your tv package, you can use the ESPN app on your phone/tablet/computer and log in to watch. If you have a robust or smart tv just download the app there. This gives you all the alternates. Some cable companies give u the alternates but they charge an arm and leg.

if you have ESPN on your tv package, you can use the ESPN app on your phone/tablet/computer and log in to watch. If you have a robust or smart tv just download the app there. This gives you all the alternates. Some cable companies give u the alternates but they charge an arm and leg.
I tried that but YouTube TV is not considered a "cable provider" so I couldn't log in.

I think Doty looked better than Shaw did early on....at least passing. He;s got an arm, just needs to get more used to the routes and timing with receivers.
CWM is one stubborn man. He knew this about Doty. I have to conclude that he prevented Bobo from using him before now.

Reactions: gr8spur
CWM is one stubborn man. He knew this about Doty. I have to conclude that he prevented Bobo from using him before now.
Well, to try to be fair to Bobo, it seemed that Doty was missing a lot of the pre-snaps reads in the running game. At least that is what the HS coach sitting a couple of rows behind me kept pointing out....it could be one of the reasons Harris struggled.

I’m assuming that the QB battle was close due to running the standard “Hill Offense” If they was running the “Doty Offense “ it wouldn’t be close at all.

I’m assuming that the QB battle was close due to running the standard “Hill Offense” If they was running the “Doty Offense “ it wouldn’t be close at all.
Don't think there is a "Hill offense" or a "Doty offense" just a Bobo offense that can do different things depending on the style of QB in the game.

Don't think there is a "Hill offense" or a "Doty offense" just a Bobo offense that can do different things depending on the style of QB in the game.
That’s what makes it a hill or doty offense. I think we saying the same thing but in different ways.totally different schemes.

Reactions: rogue cock
So it doesn’t matter that we lost..just as long as it wasn’t 24-0? Ok
Of course it matters that we lost. But it doesn’t take a genius to see that plugging into the potential future of the program, seeing some positive signs (finally) to go along with the negative instead of just the mind-numbing nothingness of the first half is better than losing 24-0. Sheesh. Seriously???

Plus, the discussion on “moral victories” usually involves a fear that the coach won’t be held accountable. Well, he’s already been fired and these guys are soon to follow.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
It's incredible that it took this long for somebody to realize that with the supporting cast we have, we needed a mobile QB. Bobo catches hell on here, but props to him for benching a quarterback that he brought here in favor of Doty. Doty did it without Shi Smith. We looked like a completely different team with Doty in there. He's a playmaker. As an old-timer it kind of reminds me of when Bill Troup came in as a much-ballyhooed transfer from Virginia, great arm but no mobility. Dobby Grossman came in about the 4th game of the season (we hadn't won a game at the time) we won about half of the games after that, upset Fla. State; lost to Clemson by a point. Same feeling, Doty gives you hope.

I'll have to try that next time. Last night I didn't scroll all the way down. I typed YouTube in the search box and nothing came up.
Youtube TV definitely is a provider that counts. That is who I have. You select youtube tv and it gives you a code to enter on your account on your phone.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
I tried that but YouTube TV is not considered a "cable provider" so I couldn't log in.

every time I log in on a new device it asks me for my cable provider and I scroll to the bottom and choose YouTube tv.....sorry it’s not working for you. Google owns YouTube TV so many times you have to sign in with your Google account/or YouTube TV account. Both of those usually sync up

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Clem I'm not sold on idea that it was Bobo keeping Hill on the field all season last night he didn't hesitate to pull him. Muschamp wouldn't do it...JMO

Reactions: tngamecock#
Clem I'm not sold on idea that it was Bobo keeping Hill on the field all season last night he didn't hesitate to pull him. Muschamp wouldn't do it...JMO
A poster on TBS is saying that Joe Rice called Tanner at halftime and told him if Hill played the second half he was done. I think it is BS, but if it is true it shows how much influence certain donors can have.

Some might call it meddling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT