ADVERTISEMENT

Just got home...now to vent a little

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
How is it we are the only team in America that won't pull a QB? Bentley was all over the place yesterday and clearly didn't want to be out there why didn't we at least give the kid a series to re-boot? It was like watch an animal die. Here's a serious question....will any other QB get a fair shot at the job until Bentley is gone? Did that have anything to do with the guys refusing to play in the second half because the coaches refused to pull Jake to give someone else a shot to rally the team? Think about it a second. We laugh at Clemson's weak schedule then get routed by the teams we called weak and I just don't get it. Mon was the only RB that cracked the line of scrimmage and he was AWOL from the lineup most of the day. Me, and everyone around me,couldn't believe what we saw. Our players were dancing to the music on the sidelines making my blood pressure peak to near stroke level. I still support you Muschamp but you gotta stop worrying about hurting Jakes feelings and think about mine because I'm paying. Absolutely unacceptable and shameful. I'd like to say I feel better now but I don't.

Jim, you are 99.9% optimistic always. If you are grumbling, then things are truly bad.
I have been a Gamecock for over 50 years and never remember a staff not pulling a QB while Stevie Wonder could see we couldn't win with him in the game. I don't know what the deal is with Bentley is was almost bizarre man. I am an eternal optimist but give me a fair shot at winning the game don't try to boost the draft status of a player who can complete 8 yd passes.

Even the guys on 107.5 after the game were wondering why Jake wasn’t pulled. Most of the callers as well. No way Spurrier would have put up with that.

Bentley played well the last half of the season, after he had to sit against Missouri. Until the 2nd half of the Akron game: then he reverted to Bad Jake. I don’t have to go into detail about how ineffective he was yesterday. But Muschamp just seems to be stubborn as hell about these types of decisions. I’m with OP, and wonder if Joyner, ulrich, and Hilsinki are even going to be given a shot to beat hm out.

I think WM is doing some good things, but he’s also doing some things that helped get him run out of Gainesville

Muschamp's head coaching record is 29-27.

In the words of our 47 year old multi-millionaire ball coach:

"You are what your record says you are."

No other aspirational program would put up with this shit.

At least we have our script helmets and battle armor videos.

Other than that, we are an irrelevant college football punch line.

RTR

Leaving Jake in the entire game during the final home game which was out of hand, the final game which was out of reach and the bowl game which was an embarrassment was a nice way to kick Scarneccia in the ass on his way out.
They act like recruits don't see this too. "We play the best guys that give us a chance to win". No the hell you don't.

Even the guys on 107.5 after the game were wondering why Jake wasn’t pulled. Most of the callers as well. No way Spurrier would have put up with that.

Bentley played well the last half of the season, after he had to sit against Missouri. Until the 2nd half of the Akron game: then he reverted to Bad Jake. I don’t have to go into detail about how ineffective he was yesterday. But Muschamp just seems to be stubborn as hell about these types of decisions. I’m with OP, and wonder if Joyner, ulrich, and Hilsinki are even going to be given a shot to beat hm out.

I think WM is doing some good things, but he’s also doing some things that helped get him run out of Gainesville
Jake is what's called a front runner. When there is no pressure and things go his way he plays okay but when he has to lead he folds instead. He does not have the cocky arrogant attitude of a confident QB. He has gone backwards since his freshman year when they PULLED Brandon to put him in. He has gone backwards he plays better off the bench. Sorry that's JMO

Muschamp's head coaching record is 29-27.

In the words of our 47 year old multi-millionaire ball coach:

"You are what your record says you are."

No other aspirational program would put up with this shit.

At least we have our script helmets and battle armor videos.

Other than that, we are an irrelevant college football punch line.

RTR
Amen so tired of putting up with this shitshow Muschamp had orchestrated

Leaving Jake in the entire game during the final home game which was out of hand, the final game which was out of reach and the bowl game which was an embarrassment was a nice way to kick Scarneccia in the ass on his way out.

I would like to be a fly on wall when Scar shares his true feelings about his Gamecock career.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Jake is what's called a front runner. When there is no pressure and things go his way he plays okay but when he has to lead he folds instead. He does not have the cocky arrogant attitude of a confident QB. He has gone backwards since his freshman year when they PULLED Brandon to put him in. He has gone backwards he plays better off the bench. Sorry that's JMO
Yeah he’s inconsistent in big games and big moments. It was refreshing to see Scar lead that winning drive against Mizzou, cause that’s been missing since Shaw graduated. By contrast, Yesterday we get that fumble, got one more chance and Jake throws a pick - emblematic of his run here, mo.

I'm still on Boom's side but he has to get a bit more serious about winning games we ain't blind and stupid.

How can you be on a coach’s “side” if you don’t think he is serious about winning?

Boom has had 3 years to show what direction he wants to take the program. I am not saying he should be gone tomorrow, but records are what they are.

He can recruit talent, but i don’t see the management of talent. One of the biggest issues he had at FL was a lack of offensive identity and the right personel to implement that system. He could recruit stars there, but it always seemed like the roster was not managed well.

It will be almost impossible to have a winning season next year. I am thinking 6-6 maybe tough. Who is going to step up on offense and fill in for Debo? Will it be more of what we saw yesterday? Boom’s seat is warm now, it will be hot after next year and a likely losing season. 2020 will be do or die and i feel like this is a slow motion train wreck that everyone can see coming a mile away.

How can you be on a coach’s “side” if you don’t think he is serious about winning?

Boom has had 3 years to show what direction he wants to take the program. I am not saying he should be gone tomorrow, but records are what they are.

He can recruit talent, but i don’t see the management of talent. One of the biggest issues he had at FL was a lack of offensive identity and the right personel to implement that system. He could recruit stars there, but it always seemed like the roster was not managed well.

It will be almost impossible to have a winning season next year. I am thinking 6-6 maybe tough. Who is going to step up on offense and fill in for Debo? Will it be more of what we saw yesterday? Boom’s seat is warm now, it will be hot after next year and a likely losing season. 2020 will be do or die and i feel like this is a slow motion train wreck that everyone can see coming a mile away.
Hey, I can be pulling for Muschamp and disagreeing with him at the same time. I'd love to see him do well be he has to hand some tough love. I'll know when to not give the benefit of the doubt.... when there is no doubt but Boom has to stop coaching on emotion.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Hey, I can be pulling for Muschamp and disagreeing with him at the same time. I'd love to see him do well be he has to hand some tough love. I'll know when to not give the benefit of the doubt.... when there is no doubt but Boom has to stop coaching on emotion.

Boom is who he is. An emotional Defensive guy, kind of like Venables. I am about to the conclusion that he is just an average head coach. He just doesn’t have all the pieces in his repotoire that a top HC needs. I don’t know what it is, he is charismatic, he can recruit, i know he knows the game, but there is some instinctive decision making that top tier guys have that he doesn’t posses.

If i am Ray, i have to realize that time is running out. Next years schedule is brutal and I don’t think the talent is waiting in the wings to replace what is leaving this year. O. Line will be worse off next year, WR probably will be worse although there is enough talent depending on what Bryant does. There is not another Debo and he was the difference maker this year.

Defense is the biggest concern. I don’t think it gets better next year. I actually think it will probably be worse.

Boom is who he is. An emotional Defensive guy, kind of like Venables. I am about to the conclusion that he is just an average head coach. He just doesn’t have all the pieces in his repotoire that a top HC needs. I don’t know what it is, he is charismatic, he can recruit, i know he knows the game, but there is some instinctive decision making that top tier guys have that he doesn’t posses.

If i am Ray, i have to realize that time is running out. Next years schedule is brutal and I don’t think the talent is waiting in the wings to replace what is leaving this year. O. Line will be worse off next year, WR probably will be worse although there is enough talent depending on what Bryant does. There is not another Debo and he was the difference maker this year.

Defense is the biggest concern. I don’t think it gets better next year. I actually think it will probably be worse.
Well we 8 months to debate it...lol

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
Ive been very critical of Boom from day one and I’ll admit he had me believing after last year . He had done an outstanding job but I’ve never seen expectations drop so far from opening day until Bowl season so fast . All my Florida buddy’s laughed out loud when I told them we had a chance in the east this year . Guess what ?? They were dead on . He is a 7-5 6-6 coach here . That will be his legacy . A lot of people will accept it and just throw up their hands because it’s just “Carolina” football . The next two years will determine if we are ok with this or if we want to finally man up and try to build a winning program . Not holding my breath .

Reactions: gamecockblack
It is only speculation on my part but maybe the only reason he kept Jake in the game was to show his player loyalty in bad times. By demonstrating his loyalty to his player, maybe he is hoping that player will return the favor and remain with the program one more year. I think the same is true with his DC. I am reading on the site that a 4-Star defensive recruit has the Gamecocks high on his list and the reason for that is he likes the coaches that are recruiting him. If you fire the DC, then one could conclude the 4-Star guy would never sign with USC. In the end, it is all water under the bridge and Groundhog Day for most of us that have followed a horrible football program now for over 50 years (minus a good year here and there once in a blue moon).

It is only speculation on my part but maybe the only reason he kept Jake in the game was to show his player loyalty in bad times. By demonstrating his loyalty to his player, maybe he is hoping that player will return the favor and remain with the program one more year. I think the same is true with his DC. I am reading on the site that a 4-Star defensive recruit has the Gamecocks high on his list and the reason for that is he likes the coaches that are recruiting him. If you fire the DC, then one could conclude the 4-Star guy would never sign with USC. In the end, it is all water under the bridge and Groundhog Day for most of us that have followed a horrible football program now for over 50 years (minus a good year here and there once in a blue moon).
I see it like this about the Jake situation. Great kid who does his best but Muschamp has to be like a pitching coach and know when to pull a guy. I appreciate being loyal and all but you have to make a change to win the game sometimes it's coaching 101.

I really don't think it's worth keeping a bad coach for *ONE* *FOUR* star player

How is it we are the only team in America that won't pull a QB? Bentley was all over the place yesterday and clearly didn't want to be out there why didn't we at least give the kid a series to re-boot? It was like watch an animal die. Here's a serious question....will any other QB get a fair shot at the job until Bentley is gone? Did that have anything to do with the guys refusing to play in the second half because the coaches refused to pull Jake to give someone else a shot to rally the team? Think about it a second. We laugh at Clemson's weak schedule then get routed by the teams we called weak and I just don't get it. Mon was the only RB that cracked the line of scrimmage and he was AWOL from the lineup most of the day. Me, and everyone around me,couldn't believe what we saw. Our players were dancing to the music on the sidelines making my blood pressure peak to near stroke level. I still support you Muschamp but you gotta stop worrying about hurting Jakes feelings and think about mine because I'm paying. Absolutely unacceptable and shameful. I'd like to say I feel better now but I don't.
It's about time you saw the light.Laughing

It's about time you saw the light.Laughing
I still support Boom but struggle to see the logic in his actions. He has his mind set to believe that Jake is a solid QB and we can't possibly win without him in the game, the man must be in denial. Bentley is the Russian Roulette trophy winner he is good one game out of six but nobody knows which game. Muschamp should run a QB out there until he finds a hot one.

I still support Boom but struggle to see the logic in his actions. He has his mind set to believe that Jake is a solid QB and we can't possibly win without him in the game, the man must be in denial. Bentley is the Russian Roulette trophy winner he is good one game out of six but nobody knows which game. Muschamp should run a QB out there until he finds a hot one.
Management of the offense, particularly of Bentley, was inexcusable. Beyond that, I'm concerned about the business with Fenton. Someone is lying. Muschamp has shuffled around on this like a soft shoe dancer in the wake of the low point of his Carolina. It smacks of disarray and chaos, the opposite of what we need to be seeing right now.

Management of the offense, particularly of Bentley, was inexcusable. Beyond that, I'm concerned about the business with Fenton. Someone is lying. Muschamp has shuffled around on this like a soft shoe dancer in the wake of the low point of his Carolina. It smacks of disarray and chaos, the opposite of what we need to be seeing right now.
It's my opinion it could have happened at halftime and it might have concerned not pulling Bentley but that could be out there a bit. A defense wants the chance to win too and won't get it from a player who keeps them on the field for 2/3 of the game. It had to be something along that line. JMO though I have no idea admittedly.

The only player I know of who pulled himself is Fenton. BAW said Fenton tweaked a groin and decided to sit. I guess he's thinking outside chance at draft or free agent. You're right to vent. At this point you'd have to be a program employee to not see something was really wrong. The fans who bought a ticket to the Belk Bowl deserve a full refund. I hope you had some fun elsewhere around Charlotte.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT