ADVERTISEMENT

Just heard on the radio Mike Leach to Miss State

When he does succeed I hope people will come on here and say:

1. I was wrong he would’ve came to USC
2. I was wrong he can win in the SEC.

This was the hire we should’ve made. A program comparable to ours will have a lot more success in the near future.

When he does succeed I hope people will come on here and say:

1. I was wrong he would’ve came to USC
2. I was wrong he can win in the SEC.

This was the hire we should’ve made. A program comparable to ours will have a lot more success in the near future.

He will do fine there, but they won't win the West. Mark it down.

No but he’s coming to Willy B in 4 years and I’ll be surprised if we win that one.

if we were in a division with Auburn, LSU and Alabama I wouldn’t expect us to win it in my lifetime regardless of who the coach was.

Reactions: howard13
At their absolute peak they won 10 games, with a phenomenal QB and an excellent head coach. They are a sub-.500 program all-time.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I’d hardly say being on our 15th OC under Muschamp would qualify as a different staff.
Good comments. But if BOOM! doesn't get to a bowl next season, the pitchforks will come out. Losing to Wofford would do it that week.

You are essentially saying Mississippi State won't play for a national championship. Really going out on a limb there, aren't you? I'm not sure if MSU hired Saban, Dabo, or Belichick anybody would confidently predict they would win the west.

Realistically, if Leach makes them _relevant_ in the West, he will have done his job. He appears to be a coach who can take talent near the bottom of the conference and get them to play in the upper half of the conference most years with the occasional foray into 10-win territory. That sounds like exactly what Mississippi State could use.

Reactions: howard13
The expectations at Ole Miss,Miss State,Mizzou,Ky,Ark,and SC are all about the same.8 wins you keep your job,9 wins gets you a raise,10 wins and above and you're a hero.Tennessee should be in this group,but they think but they still think they should be winning the east every year.

The expectations at Ole Miss,Miss State,Mizzou,Ky,Ark,and SC are all about the same.8 wins you keep your job,9 wins gets you a raise,10 wins and above and you're a hero.Tennessee should be in this group,but they think but they still think they should be winning the east every year.

That is your take - the number of wins, Such mediocrity. We could have said this about WBB or any other sport.

We need to contend for the East in FB at least every other year.

Last edited:

That's where you want to get as a program. I agree they aren't there, but they expect better than they've gotten the last few years. UGA was that way. Now they're winning the East and reloading on blue chip recruits.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Kiffin,Leach,Saban,Malzhan,and Jimbo.What a fun division!
tenor.gif

Reactions: ACT ONE
That is your take - the number of wins, Such mediocrity. We could have said this about WBB or any other sport.

We need to contend for the East in FB at least every other year.

As I said you contend in the East (win 10 or more) and you're a hero.Win 8 with a few of those 9,10's and 11's every so often and you keep your job.Nice to say you should be contending for the East every year,but history says none of those teams mentioned are contenders every year.That said,Carolina should absolutely aspire to move into the upper echelon of the SEC.But,right now they are not there.

Leach is an OK coach. He would never have been on my short list to hire.
I personally don't like the guy and hope he sucks at Miss St. But I have no idea if he'll be successful or not. At least he's in with the big boys now.

Holy S%%t !! Unbelievable. Anybody that claims that Will Muschamp is half the coach Mike Leach is need to have their heads examined. Our program has become an absolute joke . If Leach went to Miss St he would have come here . This honestly makes me nauseous. I don’t care what people say about his offense never working in the SEC ... I can say with 100% honesty that we are the most boring team to watch in college football . I would rather watch paint dry than anything we have done offensively in the last four years . At least a Leach team would be fun to watch and attract some dynamic playmakers . Honestly every year I say I’ve had enough and I keep coming back like a damn heroine junkie . Flabbergasted. Both Kiffin or Leach would have been tremendous upgrades here and we are staring at an endless ocean of 6-6 , 5-7 seasons coming up . Wow

Reactions: lostcock and SOSUSC
Holy S%%t !! Unbelievable. Anybody that claims that Will Muschamp is half the coach Mike Leach is need to have their heads examined. Our program has become an absolute joke . If Leach went to Miss St he would have come here . This honestly makes me nauseous. I don’t care what people say about his offense never working in the SEC ... I can say with 100% honesty that we are the most boring team to watch in college football . I would rather watch paint dry than anything we have done offensively in the last four years . At least a Leach team would be fun to watch and attract some dynamic playmakers . Honestly every year I say I’ve had enough and I keep coming back like a damn heroine junkie . Flabbergasted. Both Kiffin or Leach would have been tremendous upgrades here and we are staring at an endless ocean of 6-6 , 5-7 seasons coming up . Wow
Are you kidding? We have posters here who seriously compare him favorably to Steve Freakin Spurrier. Talk about insanity. Eyeroll

As I said you contend in the East (win 10 or more) and you're a hero.Win 8 with a few of those 9,10's and 11's every so often and you keep your job.Nice to say you should be contending for the East every year,but history says none of those teams mentioned are contenders every year.That said,Carolina should absolutely aspire to move into the upper echelon of the SEC.But,right now they are not there.

I respect your view. But, history is just that - history. Dawn never let history hold her back. With the right AD and Coach it is a new dawn.

Our history is a result of pathetic administrative decisions. It had never stopped. Like keeping Muschamp and hiring Bobo - poor, putrid, pathetic decisions. Has a veneer of self preservation and self interest. Then when this does not work out posters and fans console themselves with “we have always been bad”. NO it is the compilation of poor decision making.

I think this is good news for Miss State, they won't ever win the West or be competitive with Alabama, Auburn, or LSU, but at least the press conferences and media days will be entertaining.

Reactions: gamecockwrestler
If you can’t run between the tackles well enough to be a thought for the defensive coordinator, then you’re in for a bumpy road in the SEC and actually most conferences. And if you can’t, you better have a jam up defense who can limit drives and get you lots at bats.

I think this is good news for Miss State, they won't ever win the West or be competitive with Alabama, Auburn, or LSU, but at least the press conferences and media days will be entertaining.

I can’t wait to hear the verbal back and forth between him and Kiffin. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT