ADVERTISEMENT

Just heard on the radio Mike Leach to Miss State

Are you kidding? We have posters here who seriously compare him favorably to Steve Freakin Spurrier. Talk about insanity. Eyeroll

I’ll never put Leach in the category of Spurrier , not even close . However Muschamp isn’t in the same zip code as the Pirate . Leach built winning programs in Pullman and Lubbock !! Muschamp single handedly destroyed a blue chip program and sucks here . I also agree that Leach will never win the west but I guarantee Miss State will be better off because of this hire . Can’t really say that about Muschamp

I’ll never put Leach in the category of Spurrier , not even close . However Muschamp isn’t in the same zip code as the Pirate . Leach built winning programs in Pullman and Lubbock !! Muschamp single handedly destroyed a blue chip program and sucks here . I also agree that Leach will never win the west but I guarantee Miss State will be better off because of this hire . Can’t really say that about Muschamp
Not sure if they'll be better off or not. I expect he might do a little better or about the same as the most recent HC but he won't have the success that Mullen had. Like Spurrier did to us, Mullen raised expectations there that can't be met by just any HC.

I do believe Leach is a step up from Moorhead. Moorhead just seemed like a bad fit there from the start.

Not on board with that approach (Post #30), I don't care how good the coach is. And he ain't THAT good.
What approach? You referring to him trying to motivate his team by knocking them down a peg, or are you referring to his foul language?

To make sure we're on the same page, I meant posters were comparing Muschamp to Spurrier.

To make sure we're on the same page, I meant posters were comparing Muschamp to Spurrier.
Well they did both coach at Florida and they have both coached at USC so I guess there is some similarities just not in their results or actual coaching ability.

I never realized football coaches used foul language. This is shocking.
...especially calling your players m'fers.
The guy is an abusive eccentric weirdo who only gets love because he's an offensive genius. He's likely had to tone it down in recent years. I hope his shat gets exposed at Miss St. then some of yall will be relieved we didn't hire him.

Reactions: carolinamyke
I think this is good news for Miss State, they won't ever win the West or be competitive with Alabama, Auburn, or LSU, but at least the press conferences and media days will be entertaining.
I expect Leach to be a pain to play against and likely pull off some upsets of the SEC-W heavies. Kinda like option teams, you have to be ready to play his type of teams, and if not....it's a boat race.

Not sure if they'll be better off or not. I expect he might do a little better or about the same as the most recent HC but he won't have the success that Mullen had. Like Spurrier did to us, Mullen raised expectations there that can't be met by just any HC.

Yeah I agree . He will never consistently beat the top dogs but both him and Kiffin will scare some people . I guarantee Saban and Coach O are sweating Leach and Kiffin a hell of a lot more than Luke and Morehead .

You can blithely place your son or grandson under his tutelage if you want to. I decline. I understand the difference between the Marine Corps and college football.
They hear worse language in the music they blare in practice and warmups now.

I spend all day arguing with people who think their 30 year old babies aren’t old enough to be responsible for their actions and this handholding we seem to love now is part of the reason.

Yeah I agree . He will never consistently beat the top dogs but both him and Kiffin will scare some people . I guarantee Saban and Coach O are sweating Leach and Kiffin a hell of a lot more than Luke and Morehead .

True. But to win in Mississippi you have to be willing to cheat all-out without shame like Freeze. Wonder if Kiffin or Leach will be able to do this?

I spend all day arguing with people who think their 30 year old babies aren’t old enough to be responsible for their actions and this handholding we seem to love now is part of the reason.
...so you respond by calling them a bunch of m'fers? And being verbally abusive is going to make them all "grow up"?

...so you respond by calling them a bunch of m'fers? And being verbally abusive is going to make them all "grow up"?
Here’s your lesson. You don’t like being yelled at get your sh*t together so there’s no need for it. Everything doesn’t need to be drum circles and rose petal baths. Sometimes people might be mean to you so learn how to deal with it.

Here’s your lesson. You don’t like being yelled at get your sh*t together so there’s no need for it. Everything doesn’t need to be drum circles and rose petal baths. Sometimes people might be mean to you so learn how to deal with it.
That went right over your head.
Seems you don't know the difference between a respected motivator and a condescending prick.

That went right over your head.
Seems you don't know the difference between a respected motivator and a condescending prick.
No it didn’t. I just don’t give a crap if someone’s feelings get hurt if the results work in the end. If he never won games that’s one thing but that’s not the case.

No it didn’t. I just don’t give a crap if someone’s feelings get hurt if the results work in the end. If he never won games that’s one thing but that’s not the case.
So it's Ok to call someone a m'fer, as long as you get what you want?

So it's Ok to call someone a m'fer, as long as you get what you want?
Depending on the situation. Not sure it’s a great idea if you’re trying to talk your way out of a speeding ticket but if your in a competitive sports setting then absolutely.

One thing they have going for them is the Mis'sippi JuCo league. They're basically a prep league for Miss St.
I remember a few years when Jackie Sherrill had some decent teams there and a lot of it was because of quality JC players he brought in. It's just difficult to have sustained success that way because players are only there for a couple of seasons.

Reactions: TheReelEss
The latter. I'm no monk, but that is over the top for a person in charge of young people.
I get it... He was coming in hot there no doubt, but this is just uncensored “locker room talk” as our current President would call it. I guarantee you 90% of the FB players and coaches on your average team curse as much/ more than this in a normal 5 minute conversation when the cameras aren’t rolling. I have no problem with it at all if that is how a coach addresses their team normally, just trying to relate and “be real” with them... Obviously when they know they are being recorded or if they know kids are around and listening... (like if say you are a basketball coach screaming f-bombs on the sideline when the arena is mostly empty and quiet because your team sucks... ) that may be a different story.

Holy S%%t !! Unbelievable. Anybody that claims that Will Muschamp is half the coach Mike Leach is need to have their heads examined. Our program has become an absolute joke . If Leach went to Miss St he would have come here . This honestly makes me nauseous. I don’t care what people say about his offense never working in the SEC ... I can say with 100% honesty that we are the most boring team to watch in college football . I would rather watch paint dry than anything we have done offensively in the last four years . At least a Leach team would be fun to watch and attract some dynamic playmakers . Honestly every year I say I’ve had enough and I keep coming back like a damn heroine junkie . Flabbergasted. Both Kiffin or Leach would have been tremendous upgrades here and we are staring at an endless ocean of 6-6 , 5-7 seasons coming up . Wow
Ok, let some numbers tell the story- Mike Leach coached at Washington St almost exactly the amount of time Muschamp has been a HC between here and Florida combined. Taking that these time periods are similar (though the level of comp Champ faced was obviously off the charts HARDER, it is about the best we have to compare them by)
Leach’s record: 55-47. 36-36 in conf and 3-3 in bowl games.
Muschamp’s record: 54-46 overall. 32-32 in conf and 2-3 in bowls.
Yeah... WOW... How could anyone try to compare Muschamp to the “great” Mike Leach huh? Lock em up in the looney bin, what crazy talk!

seriously though- Mike Leach is a head case, class act weirdo who had some good offenses at Tx Tech before he got run out of town for his psychotic behavior. His results have been up and down at Wash St- inconsistent at best. Coming off a losing season last year, a big let down for them... (sounds familiar...?)...

Again I find myself saying this, should just add it as my signature at this point- I GET THE FRUSTRATION!! We flat out sucked last year... but making irrational, un true statements about our program and staff, over exaggerating their failures or deficiencies.. I just do not understand that and I am going to point out BS when I see it. Leach produced almost identical results to what Muschamp has produced over the time he has been a coach and Leach did it in one of the easiest conferences in CFB while Boom did it in what is without question the most difficult conference. Does this mean Boom is the best coach ever? Hell no! Feel free to be mad about how bad we suck, I know I am... but don’t go acting like Leach is some can’t miss hire guaranteed to be successful while Boom is garbage without something to back it up, because the numbers DO NOT back that up.

All indications are Miss St made a knee jerk reaction to their rival hiring an offensive guy by hiring their own... Neither is a proven commodity in the SEC, both have tons of radioactive fallout trailing them and both will likely fail to produce anything more than approx .500 winning percentages for their respective schools long term which is exactly what we have now also...

People don't have to talk like that. You know it and I know it. Why do we bother teaching language arts in school, every year in grades 1-12?

People don't have to talk like that. You know it and I know it. Why do we bother teaching language arts in school, every year in grades 1-12?
There are lots of ways that people talk that they don’t have to. Why do people in the northeast remove R from words and why to people from West Virginia add them into words that don’t have them? Just because you don’t have to doesn’t mean it can’t be effective. According to George Carlin the part that seems the be causing the most hangups is the most perfect word in the English language.

Read on Twitter that Leach is 20-52 against top 25 teams. He'll likely play more of them now. And his average signing class was in the 50's.

Read on Twitter that Leach is 20-52 against top 25 teams. He'll likely play more of them now. And his average signing class was in the 50's.
His average signing class will probably be much higher now as well so we will see how that changes things. On the flip side our current coach has consistently had recruiting classes in the top 20 and only won 2 games against ranked opponents so being 20-52 with classes in the 50s is pretty good.

Depending on the situation. Not sure it’s a great idea if you’re trying to talk your way out of a speeding ticket but if your in a competitive sports setting then absolutely.
And if your boss calls you a m'fer? You ok with that?

There are lots of ways that people talk that they don’t have to. Why do people in the northeast remove R from words and why to people from West Virginia add them into words that don’t have them? Just because you don’t have to doesn’t mean it can’t be effective. According to George Carlin the part that seems the be causing the most hangups is the most perfect word in the English language.
Well, let me go about this another way: I choose not to talk that way. And I would prefer the company of people who don't talk that way. I don't feel like the Lone Ranger, either. My family doesn't talk that way and neither do the people in my circle of friends. Neither do I opt for that style of communication in the entertainment I consume. I'm not saying we are the reincarnation of Leave it To Beaver but gratuitous profanity and obscenity isn't us.

Reactions: paladin181
Well, let me go about this another way: I choose not to talk that way....
...and most people can understand someone blowing up in frustration. It happens.
But when they resort to personal attacks and name calling, that's not only unprofessional, but clearly abusive.
We are talking about a college staff member.

Reactions: king ward
And if your boss calls you a m'fer? You ok with that?
If I give him a reason to and it happens it happens. I’m certainly not going to cry about it but I also understand what I need to do to avoid having that happen so if it does it’s on me.

His average signing class will probably be much higher now as well so we will see how that changes things. On the flip side our current coach has consistently had recruiting classes in the top 20 and only won 2 games against ranked opponents so being 20-52 with classes in the 50s is pretty good.

and our schedule and schedule he played is apples to apples ? That your opinion ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT