ADVERTISEMENT

Just how sorry is clemson's schedule?

Jan 30, 2015
Their eight ACC opponents have a combined record of 25-19 with a total of seven wins against Power 5 schools. All but one of those are against the ACC! Take out FSU (the only ranked team, and a suspect one at that) and the record is 20-19. Run through that "gauntlet" and beat a ND team that is 12-7 the last two years, and you get a playoff berth. That's how it's done folks.

And for what it's worth, Navy scored as many points against ND and had more yards than clemmons, as did UVA.

Who cares. They are ranked in the top 5 and keep racking up wins. If you can't watch them play against a good ND team and dominate them for 3 quarters in a monsoon and tell they are pretty dang good regardless of there other competition, then you kidding yourself.

Reactions: dcollie
Clemson racks up wins in weak conference. Gamecock fans complain. Lather rinse repeat. Until they move into a football conference get used to it.

Their eight ACC opponents have a combined record of 25-19 with a total of seven wins against Power 5 schools. All but one of those are against the ACC! Take out FSU (the only ranked team, and a suspect one at that) and the record is 20-19. Run through that "gauntlet" and beat a ND team that is 12-7 the last two years, and you get a playoff berth. That's how it's done folks.

And for what it's worth, Navy scored as many points against ND and had more yards than clemmons, as did UVA.
You honestly think y'all would be 5-0 with our same schedule?

Agree, some on here try and try to make excuses why clemson is good. They're good and just move on people.
Agree, they'd better prepare themselves for what's coming if we continue this trend and they continue theirs.

Shut up talking about clemson when they destroy us by 30 at the end of the year will their record matter then or their competition

None of the teams y'all have played are anywhere close to ND. Georgia had/has a Virginia washout as QB and all LSU has is a running game. Ask GT how just running against us works out.
LSU??????? You are dreaming if you think ND can beat LSU.

People need to just tip your cap to them and move on to fixing what is wrong with our program. They have a very good team this season and could very well be undefeated with our schedule up to this point. They would have been the line favorites on everyone we have played so far except for maybe LSU which would be a pickem on a neutral site but I would think they would be a 1 to 2 point favorite in that game as well since it would be a home game.

Reactions: ozmoton
None of the teams y'all have played are anywhere close to ND. Georgia had/has a Virginia washout as QB and all LSU has is a running game. Ask GT how just running against us works out.
Now you're just being silly. Feel free to have a rational convo, but don't go full dabo....ever.

Reactions: cockylady50
Watch when LSU plays a competent defense like Bama. It won't even be close. Just having Fournette isn't good enough.

Clemson has a good team again this year and I'll give them that. But preseason they had a top 15 GT team they had to face and a really tough Thursday night game at Louisville. At midseason Louisville is 2-3 with wins over NC State and Samford and GT is 2-4 with wins over Tulane and Alcorn State.

I thought South Carolina, NC State, and Miami would be improved this year. NC State whipped up on 4 of the weakest non-conference teams I've ever seen and then lost their first 2 games in conference to sit at a very weak 4-2. Miami is 3-2 with a loss to Cincinnati. Our further slide makes it even worse.

They won't face Shyatt in the ACC Championship if they make it past FSU. It looks like it will be Duke, Miami, or maybe even UNC on that side. What about Pitt and VT? There will probably be 3 or 4 teams with 4-4 conference records and they'll have to go to the 5th tiebreaker so see which team FSU or Clemson will destroy by 30.

Clemson could win the ACC and make the playoff and only face 2 top 20 teams. It's very possible the other 11 teams fall outside of the top 40 or so.

Clemson has a very good team but don't come on here comparing LSU and GT. You lost me and everyone on this board when you tried that BS.

Meanwhile....we're hoping we can beat Vandy and Citadel.

We would've lost at Louisville, lost to Notre Dame and lost to GA Tech.

Forget Clemson folks. We would be 2-3 with their schedule too. And they'd probably be 5-1 with ours (lose to either UGA or LSU probably)

Really?! Look you have a good team but I think Ga and LSU can hang with ND. Anywhere close?? LOL

Clemson has a very good team but don't come on here comparing LSU and GT. You lost me and everyone on this board when you tried that BS.
I'm comparing the run games.

LSU = #3 in the country
GT= #9 in the country ( and that is after we completely shut them down )

Bottom line, LSU wouldn't be able to run on us.

I have always been one to complain about their schedule too, but now that there is a playoff, they seem pretty smart with their scheduling. Going undefeated will get them to the playoffs and you can't argue with that. They will, however, have to play two top teams in a row without a month to prepare for each one. We'll see how they handle that. If they do and they win it, so be it. I'll hate it, but what can you do or say?

We need to quit worrying about Clemson. I hate their success and I'm jealous of it. We need to fix our own team. We are getting out-worked left and right and it seems like our coaches and some players have given up. It has gotten so bad that I don't even get excited to watch our games anymore. We are not even competitive and I honestly think that is why opposing fans aren't even taking much time to talk smack to us. I swear each week that I'm done watching, but I can't give up on my team. It's just sad. This program CAN be turned around, but we have to make some big changes at the end of the season!

LSU = #3 in the country

You're dreaming go dream somewhere else.

LSU = #3 in the country

Don't be so sure. LSU has a massive OL that wears on you. While your starting DL is very good, I've understood that the backups are not where they need to be. That will wear on a DL. Also, while Harris is not a good passing QB he is better than GaTech's QB and has a lot more talent to throw to. Fournette is a special talent at RB, huge with 2.35 speed that destroys tackles. GaTech doesn't have that type of back.

Don't be so sure. LSU has a massive OL that wears on you. While your starting DL is very good, I've understood that the backups are not where they need to be. That will wear on a DL. Also, while Harris is not a good passing QB he is better than GaTech's QB and has a lot more talent to throw to. Fournette is a special talent at RB, huge with 2.35 speed that destroys tackles. GaTech doesn't have that type of back.
ND's o-line is arguably the biggest in the country not to mention a lot of people had CJ Prosise in the Heisman discussion before the game. They ended up with 116 yards on 34 carries and Prosise didn't even break 50 yards.

That game was also on a muddy field with no traction. Big does not always mean quick, physical or agile either. I would take LSU's line over ND any day.

ND's o-line is arguably the biggest in the country not to mention a lot of people had CJ Prosise in the Heisman discussion before the game. They ended up with 116 yards on 34 carries and Prosise didn't even break 50 yards.
Prosise doesn't have as many yards in 2.5 years as Fournette does in the first 5 games of this year, much less the yards Fournette gained in his freshman year. Never heard that he was any where near a Heisman candidate, much less a favorite.

Blah blah blah , go away nobody cares. Dang everything believe clemson has a good team.But people like you want everybody to worship dabo and the tater tots.

Clemson has beat everybody they've played and looked good in the process.However, it remains to be seen just how good ND is.I think they end up with 2 more losses and had they played Michigan and Michigan State like they used to, they would already have 3 losses.As for LSU we'll have to let the season play out.They could finish anywhere from first to fourth in the SEC West.They still have to play Ala,A&M,Ole Miss,and Florida.I see a couple of losses there.

Yes, our schedule is weak. You should lobby the SEC to give us an invite so we can even things up.

My post is about Clemson's weak schedule and the deplorable state of the ACC overall. It's not about USC. If you want to read a thread about how bad USC is this year, there are a couple hundred you can choose from. Clemson has played an incredibly weak schedule and has hyped the win against Notre Dame into more than it was. Somehow dabo has spun being a favorite at home into some sort of giant killer, us against the world, no one respects us, melodrama. Notre Dame is pretty good. But their performance against UVA and Navy, plus the fact that they are without six starters, means there is legitimate reason to question the merit of that being a season defining, signature win. The bigger point is that it is sad that you can play this type of schedule and get into the final four. Strength of schedule clearly does not carry enough weight.

Prosise doesn't have as many yards in 2.5 years as Fournette does in the first 5 games of this year, much less the yards Fournette gained in his freshman year. Never heard that he was any where near a Heisman candidate, much less a favorite.
He's not that far behind Fournette and he's unquestionably gone up against tougher defenses. The toughest rush d Fournette has faced?...Wait for it...SYRACUSE!

Clemson has beat everybody they've played and looked good in the process.However, it remains to be seen just how good ND is.I think they end up with 2 more losses and had they played Michigan and Michigan State like they used to, they would already have 3 losses.As for LSU we'll have to let the season play out.They could finish anywhere from first to fourth in the SEC West.They still have to play Ala,A&M,Ole Miss,and Florida.I see a couple of losses there.
I agree. The jury is still out on ND. The two "big" wins they have don't look so great in retrospect. Texas maybe coming back but they were pretty much garbage when they played and GT is garbage now.

I disagree that they will have two more losses though. They only have one ranked team left on their schedule. Still, it was a nice win by CU over them. I'll give them that.

Can't argue ya'll are a lot better than us this year, but so is just about everybody else! Have to argue, however, that we haven't played anybody "anywhere close to ND". ND played without their starting qb and several other starters (yes, they remain undefeated but that doesn't mean they're better than LSU, for instance)! I think your argument there is a weak one and also (except for the sudden knowledge that Fla. has lost their qb we were about to face another undefeated, top 10 team later in the year). Fact is, our schedule is more difficult than yours year in & year out and even Fla. St. is overrated this year (as I believe ND to be). Ya'll are doing all you're supposed to do regardless of who you play and that's win, but tough schedule debates aren't in your favor!

He's not that far behind Fournette and he's unquestionably gone up against tougher defenses. The toughest rush d Fournette has faced?...Wait for it...SYRACUSE!
UND has face Texas, UVA, GaTech, UMass and Clemson. LSU has faced Miss State, Auburn, Syracuse, Eastern Michigan and us. Other than y'all not seeing any notre Dame opponent anywhere in the top 50. Oh, and Fournette has faced tougher D's than Syracuse, much tougher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT