ADVERTISEMENT

Just read his contract...

jimnasium

Jun 21, 2001
Bladenboro, NC
Not a bad pay increase from $172,000 he and his family must be happy. Wonderful incentive package that should make him work hard and certainly make him proud to be a Gamecock that much is sure. We didn't have to break the piggy bank like we would have to with some of the others this contract leaves room for pay increases down the road but also doesn't hurt as much if he struggles and we have run him off...lol. Even buying out his old contract didn't sting it was chump change compared to the rest. When all is said and done it is a win-win for both he more than doubled his income and we got a promising young coach at only 47, yes that's young. From what I have read he is strong on fundamentals and his players love him so there ya go. Batter up and Spurs Up.

Reactions: gamecock ed
He's stepped into the big time now, and that pays very well. I'm sure he will work hard but the expectations are high and that's why we are paying him what we are paying him. I'm anxious to see who he brings with him and if he can improve our hitting.

Yep. Avoiding the issue of the new BB coach's salary exceeding Staley's as well. Good business decision by Tanner. I endorse it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT