ADVERTISEMENT

Jyvonte McClendon

Joe MorrisonLives

Nov 16, 2020
Anyone hear about this, I heard the charges were dropped, concluded it was self defense and he wants to be here. Are we willing to take him since he's clear? Do the dishes still have concerns?

Pulling a gun out and shooting at another car that had no guns, but was just a lady bring her elderly mother food? Even if the DA doesn't think they can prosecute that as a crime, I doubt this is a player Beamer wants on his team. McClendon probably needs to go JC or a small college and keep his nose clean for a couple of years and then maybe portal somewhere.

Pulling a gun out and shooting at another car that had no guns, but was just a lady bring her elderly mother food? Even if the DA doesn't think they can prosecute that as a crime, I doubt this is a player Beamer wants on his team. McClendon probably needs to go JC or a small college and keep his nose clean for a couple of years and then maybe portal somewhere.
Agreed, unless some of the info provided was inaccurate.

What was his rankings? If he may cause more problems because he has a history of behavior issues, then definitely don't take him. But otherwise, if he's great enough of a player, take the chance.
It's about winning in the end. Look at our buddy's up the road. You can kick girlfriends down the staircase, get caught w cocaine, etc.... Yet still play. Remember UF playing that damn DE that should of been suspended but he played against us and blocked 3 kicks to basically win the game for them?!

Quick search of the web doesn’t show anything about his charges being cleared. Possibly has been, but I can’t find anything yet.

Kornblut reported...Jyvonte Mcclendon posted on his Instagram acct Friday that he still plans to join the Gamecocks in 2022.

Then Kornblut went on to speculate that the charges MAY have been dropped. For what thats worth

You aren't required to be under threat with a gun in order to justify use of a firearm. If someone else is attacking you with the reasonable expectation by you that they have the capacity to cause death or grievous bodily harm, you have the right to use whatever force is necessary potentially including use of a firearm. If I am charging at you to try to knock you out, that has the potential to cause permanent damage or death, so if you don't interested it escalate and I attack,I should be shot for your safety since I'm the one that initiated conflict and it wouldn't matter if I were going to commit armed robbery, a klan rally or going to volunteer at a soup kitchen when I do that. If you think they should've only reacted with the same weapons used in aggressing against them then you are either stupid or insane because you'd be suggesting they should have rammed this other lady with their car because she was taking them with hers.

Edit: make no mistake, the story is the other lady attempted murder which is what intentionally hitting someone with your car is, however if she had already stopped trying to aggress, then it would be longer be self defense.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Kornblut reported...Jyvonte Mcclendon posted on his Instagram acct Friday that he still plans to join the Gamecocks in 2022.

Then Kornblut went on to speculate that the charges MAY have been dropped. For what thats worth
Ahh, someone said the charges were dropped on Reddit, so I was trusting that because it wouldn't surprise me if dropped charges wouldn't be picked up with similar fervor as a news story

What was his rankings? If he may cause more problems because he has a history of behavior issues, then definitely don't take him. But otherwise, if he's great enough of a player, take the chance.
It's about winning in the end. Look at our buddy's up the road. You can kick girlfriends down the staircase, get caught w cocaine, etc.... Yet still play. Remember UF playing that damn DE that should of been suspended but he played against us and blocked 3 kicks to basically win the game for them?!
He is a 4* on rivals and 3* on 247

Reactions: TAV31
You aren't required to be under threat with a gun in order to justify use of a firearm. If someone else is attacking you with the reasonable expectation by you that they have the capacity to cause death or grievous bodily harm, you have the right to use whatever force is necessary potentially including use of a firearm. If I am charging at you to try to knock you out, that has the potential to cause permanent damage or death, so if you don't interested it escalate and I attack,I should be shot for your safety since I'm the one that initiated conflict and it wouldn't matter if I were going to commit armed robbery, a klan rally or going to volunteer at a soup kitchen when I do that. If you think they should've only reacted with the same weapons used in aggressing against them then you are either stupid or insane because you'd be suggesting they should have rammed this other lady with their car because she was taking them with hers.

Edit: make no mistake, the story is the other lady attempted murder which is what intentionally hitting someone with your car is, however if she had already stopped trying to aggress, then it would be longer be self defense.

Yeah, the whole shooting changes if he thought he or his mother was about to be run down.

Granted, my first question would then be how aggressively this lady was trying to run people over if this guy had time to go to his mom's purse in the back of the car, pull the gun, then get out of the car and shoot.

More details would have to be known (obviously), but it makes me think he already had the gun out, or at least on him.

Yeah, the whole shooting changes if he thought he or his mother was about to be run down.

Granted, my first question would then be how aggressively this lady was trying to run people over if this guy had time to go to his mom's purse in the back of the car, pull the gun, then get out of the car and shoot.

More details would have to be known (obviously), but it makes me think he already had the gun out, or at least on him.
That's detail is definitely the one that gives me pause, if she has one then that's fine, the safety of her household is her responsibility, but a teenage boy shouldn't have a pistol.

Edit: slide-typing and not proofreading is a bad combination.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheReelEss
Carlos Dunlap

Carlos Dunlap
I don't think that was Carlos Dunlap; he was the son of former Gamecock Jerry Dunlap and was set to go to Carolina until some last minute domestic shenanigans fueled by his mother as I recall (deja vu.) The guy that blocked the field goal at the end of our game with Florida I'm pretty sure was a different guy.

Reactions: roosterbell
i dont think this is a great look for the program… he could end up being a great kid and could indeed have been 100% within his rights.
However as a growing program, this definitely deserves a special dedicated statement from the head coach during the signing process

I don't think that was Carlos Dunlap; he was the son of former Gamecock Jerry Dunlap and was set to go to Carolina until some last minute domestic shenanigans fueled by his mother as I recall (deja vu.) The guy that blocked the field goal at the end of our game with Florida I'm pretty sure was a different guy.

Believe the guy’s last name was Moss who blocked it. Garvis Moss?

Reactions: roosterbell
Honestly could not trust a coach more than Shane Beamer to make the right decision here. If this is even still be considered as a possibility, it is not an easy call. If we decide to bring this guy in, I have full confidence that Shane will have made the best decision he could with the facts given. We should all hope that this is a good kid that just needs one more chance to prove he is a good kid, Beamer decides to give him that chance and he turns out to be a great Gamecock on and off the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: chief2791
If the charges are indeed dropped, I'll leave it to Beamer and his due diligence to make a decision for the best of the program.

Reactions: 92Pony
The on him question if definitely the one that gives me pause, if she has one then that's fine, the safety of her household is her responsibility, but a teenage boy shouldn't have a pistol.
Hopefully parents all over Michigan are listening.

Carlos was set to come here until one of our Asst Coaches got drunk, and cussed him out over the phone because he wanted to visit UF.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Carlos was set to come here until one of our Asst Coaches got drunk, and cussed him out over the phone because he wanted to visit UF.
Did not know that. The story I got was that mom and dad were on the outs, divorced or whatever, there was a lot of drama, Jerry was pushing Carolina, and mama out of spite coerced Carlos to Florida at the 11th hour.

Reactions: TAV31
...Lawing...so the story goes. Dunlap could have been a Jadeveon type player for us.

Did not know that. The story I got was that mom and dad were on the outs, divorced or whatever, there was a lot of drama, Jerry was pushing Carolina, and mama out of spite coerced Carlos to Florida at the 11th hour.
CD’s mom wanted him out of courtesy to visit UF. At the time, he was a stone cold lock to us.

Our Asst Coach (same one recently on a podcast who railed on about Karon Prunty’s Dad, but had him confused with someone else) got pissed because CD told him he wanted to visit UF, and cussed him out over the phone in a drunken rage.

That’s why we lost Dunlap to UF.

That coach moved on to a couple different jobs, then CSE at Ga St threw him a lifeline when he was out of work.

Think he lasted 3-4 months before getting the “resign or get fired” ultimatum. He’s still waiting on the phone to ring with a job offer.

CD’s mom wanted him out of courtesy to visit UF. At the time, he was a stone cold lock to us.

Our Asst Coach (same one recently on a podcast who railed on about Karon Prunty’s Dad, but had him confused with someone else) got pissed because CD told him he wanted to visit UF, and cussed him out over the phone in a drunken rage.

That’s why we lost Dunlap to UF.

That coach moved on to a couple different jobs, then CSE at Ga St threw him a lifeline when he was out of work.

Think he lasted 3-4 months before getting the “resign or get fired” ultimatum. He’s still waiting on the phone to ring with a job offer.
Great X's and O's coach who loves Carolina but had some severe issues of constitution and an affliction with addiction. I'd say he needs to get out of his own way but his years for a career have passed. Needs to get sober to find his own peace and happiness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT