ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin...

I've reached a level of stasis on Lane, I think at a certain point that I hated him so much, that now I kind of love him. He is like the Steve Spurrier of the internet era.
Haha! Agree... except that SOS was a Heisman-winning QB at FL before becoming a coach - rather than being a coach's son.

In terms of being against-the-grain and innovative on offense without wanting to work too hard on recruiting, yeah, he resembles Spurrier.

I bet he sorta models his press interactions along the same lines as Spurrier.

Haha! Agree... except that SOS was a Heisman-winning QB at FL before becoming a coach - rather than being a coach's son.

In terms of being against-the-grain and innovative on offense without wanting to work too hard on recruiting, yeah, he resembles Spurrier.

Kiff couldn’t carry SOS’s jock. Fact.

maybe he should have developed Luke Altmyer more.....dude looked completely lost out there tonight....its not like Matt Corral doesn't know what he's doing....Altmyer should have had more snaps in practice....showed he didn't.....personally i think Kiffin is an idiot for not doing that

I've reached a level of stasis on Lane, I think at a certain point that I hated him so much, that now I kind of love him. He is like the Steve Spurrier of the internet era.
Not the same to me at all. Spurrier is the son of a pastor that won doing things the right way and was a real mensch in his personal life. The reason people hated Spurrier is because he was better than them and let them know about it. Spurrier would run up the score because it was fun talked crap because it was funny, fit under your skin before the game because winning is fun and he thought it helped and even called it shady or cheating coaches because the dude was principled and it was fun.

Kiffin used slutty sorority girls to recruit because winning is fun, cheated on his wife because it was fun and burned down TN in the middle of the night because he thought southern cal would be more fun.

Not the same to me at all. Spurrier is the son of a pastor that won doing things the right way and was a real mensch in his personal life. The reason people hated Spurrier is because he was better than them and let them know about it. Spurrier would run up the score because it was fun talked crap because it was funny, fit under your skin before the game because winning is fun and he thought it helped and even called it shady or cheating coaches because the dude was principled and it was fun.

Kiffin used slutty sorority girls to recruit because winning is fun, cheated on his wife because it was fun and burned down TN in the middle of the night because he thought southern cal would be more fun.
I ended up hating Spurrier, when he quit on us in the middle of the season.

Fact is he wanted to leave the year before but Tanner and Jerry persuaded him to come back. I don’t put all the blame on SOS if he wasn’t fully vested Tanner should have thanked him and let him walk.
Don't start what your not gonna finish. He quit on the team in the middle of the season. Times got tuff and he bailed on us.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with having a coach who was a coach's son! 😉

Reactions: paladin181
That's a salient point, but if he's your backup, you've got to have him readier than that. This was the 13th game of their season and Baylor isn't a defensive behemoth. Georgia, on the other hand...
It was 13th game if the season for Baylor and they have a great defensive coach, that might've been a leap for them, then again bayberry not.

It was 13th game if the season for Baylor and they have a great defensive coach, that might've been a leap for them, then again bayberry not.
Fair enough. I guess I expected too much from Kiffin. I would have though that such a coach as he would have more than one game-ready quarterback. They wouldn't have had to do great wonders on offense to win that game.

Last edited:
You hate the winningest coach in our football history because you did not like the way he made his exit. I would gladly take another coach that can win 33 of 36 games, and five consecutive wins over clemson. He can leave any way he desires and I wouldn't care

Monte earned the respect of men & hall of fame Dudes. & loaned some credibility to Lane…..
Lane, jumps up & down & says look at me, mama said don’t air your laundry for all to see.

maybe he was adopted?

Fair enough. I guess I expected to much from Kiffin. I would have though that such a coach as he would have more than one game-ready quarterback. They wouldn't have had to do great wonders on offense to win that game.
It's only his second year, building depth is usually longer prices than just getting good.

Reactions: king ward
Don't start what your not gonna finish. He quit on the team in the middle of the season. Times got tuff and he bailed on us.
That's true, but he was always brutally honest with the fact that the second he realizes he's doing more harm than good, he'd retire, and he did. I don't like that it was in the middle of the season, how he'd let recruiting go in the crapper, and the lazy personnel moves he made in his last couple of years, but bottom line is he was the most successful coach we've ever had. I choose to look at his overall body of work, and appreciate him for that.

That's true, but he was always brutally honest with the fact that the second he realizes he's doing more harm than good, he'd retire, and he did. I don't like that it was in the middle of the season, how he'd let recruiting go in the crapper, and the lazy personnel moves he made in his last couple of years, but bottom line is he was the most successful coach we've ever had. I choose to look at his overall body of work, and appreciate him for that.
Full agreement with every word.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach

He did the right thing. He understood before most of us that the new coach needed a head start,because of the fairly new early signing date.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT