ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin...

Not the same to me at all. Spurrier is the son of a pastor that won doing things the right way and was a real mensch in his personal life. The reason people hated Spurrier is because he was better than them and let them know about it. Spurrier would run up the score because it was fun talked crap because it was funny, fit under your skin before the game because winning is fun and he thought it helped and even called it shady or cheating coaches because the dude was principled and it was fun.

Kiffin used slutty sorority girls to recruit because winning is fun, cheated on his wife because it was fun and burned down TN in the middle of the night because he thought southern cal would be more fun.
With all due respect....college football- especially in the south- has long and proud roots of using slutty and some not so slutty, pretty (sorority or not) girls to help with recruiting.
But yeah he's a douche for sure.
Talented and he definitely knows what he's doing, but an undeniable douche.

Reactions: Joe MorrisonLives
With all due respect....college football- especially in the south- has long and proud roots of using slutty and some not so slutty, pretty (sorority or not) girls to help with recruiting.
But yeah he's a douche for sure.
Talented and he definitely knows what he's doing, but an undeniable douche.
Yeah, I mean you always do best foot forward, but it's not always consciously organized as a prostitution ring. Any college wants to have attractive girls making the guys feel like that's what they'll be surrounded by, and when you get attractive women with world class athletes, certain things do certainly transpire, but tricking is never expressly in the job description unless it was Tenn under Kiffin.

Reactions: Bleadgandb3334
You hate the winningest coach in our football history because you did not like the way he made his exit. I would gladly take another coach that can win 33 of 36 games, and five consecutive wins over clemson. He can leave any way he desires and I wouldn't care
I want a Coach here who can win Conference Championships and play in major bowl games. I want a Coach who can take us to the next level, not bail on us when times get tough.

You hate the winningest coach in our football history because you did not like the way he made his exit. I would gladly take another coach that can win 33 of 36 games, and five consecutive wins over clemson. He can leave any way he desires and I wouldn't care
even if you had to chew on 7-8 straight from taters After said coach quits on his team again?

Reactions: PerchedOnRings
I don’t give a damn about Lane Kiffin and I sure as hell don’t give a damn about Ole Miss. I’m glad he lost and their team lost. As a Gamecock fan, I don’t want Ole Miss winning 11 games. I want them to drop to 6-6 and I want us to move up the ladder and win 8 or 9. We may not ever be Bama, Georgia or LSU, but we should be competitive with Ole Miss and Miss St. Those teams should not be out of our range. I guess I should be impressed that Kiffin is moving them up the ladder, but I don’t want them to move into elite team status.

Did you stop to think that perhaps Ray Tanner's subsequent hiring debacle attributed to what lead to the 7-8 straight wins by the Taters? with out question your are correct, so yes i did. But, i cannot forgive SOS for ultimately turning into a quitter on us. Just cant forgive.

Reactions: Lakecock1
BS. He didn't even tell the 'Skins players he was leaving.
He was a "quitter" when Mike McGee hired him.....bet you were elated then.
I'm sure he didn't, he wouldn't gonna call every player on the team to tell them he's out.

Many saw Spurrier that way at Fla. He mellowed a few degrees at Carolina and everybody loved him! Miss seeing him on the sidelines. Last of the old school coaches and the ESPN guys loved him and we got tons of PR from that! Wish we could have gotten Spurrier 8-10 years sooner then we did.
He's a S.O.B, but he's OUR S.O.B.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Debateable. IMO Spurrier did due to Holtz not completely imploding....Holtz's last team turned over a very good OL to Spurrier and a lot of talented young skill players. May want to go back and look at that roster.
I recall Holtz players stealing from the university and quitting on the team.

LOL....look at Holtz last roster compared to Spurrier's first. I believe the total number to leave (not graduate) was around 5 and few starters or backups.
Iike I said previously, I would love to have another coach that can win like Spurrier did, and he could leave anyway he wants to.

Holtz probably signed more JUCO's than any previous coach ever did. That was a quick fix for recruiting mistakes.

Holtz probably signed more JUCO's than any previous coach ever did. That was a quick fix for recruiting mistakes.
Well the hell are you trying to take the conversation now?

Nevermind, I don't have the time or desire to bother looking that up right now. Know of very few coaches that don't occasionally recruit JUCO players.....except for the guy about 100 miles north of Columbia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT