ADVERTISEMENT

Least favorite SEC school and reason.

"They [UGA] think more of themselves than anyone else does."

This^^^^

Dawgs by a mile because I live here, and it gets old. Also because of blown opportunities to prove them wrong in '80, '87, '02, '04, '05, '08, '09.

I suppose a trip to Geauxnorrheaville might alter my POV, but we don't play LSU every year.

UGAlly and Floriduh.

A lot of people upstream aren't impressed with Auburn, I used to not like them just because my daddy is from Alabama and he taught me to hate on AU since I was little. Now my daughter goes there as an athlete and I have come to enjoy my time there. Very nice folks, even when I walk around with my Gamecock swag on.

UT in a landslide. That whole program is gross and we have lost to some lousy UT teams. Their coach looks like an inbred. Rocky Top is retarded and annoying.

They also put bricks in their endzone?

I know some good Georgia, Florida, and UK folks- but not a single UT person I'd like to hang out with.

As resident here in Atlanta I can attest, and as someone mentioned earlier, it's not so much THUGA fans are obnoxious, it's that they are delusional. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary (last NC was in 1980) they truly believe that they are a NC caliber team every year. EVERY YEAR

Reactions: TheReelEss
Got to be Georgia. I agree with everyone that its because of their fans. Second worse fan base in the history of college football (we all know who is #1). I will never forget the fall of 2007 when we beat them in Athens and I was in town a few weeks later for a concert nearby. There were these high and mighty UGA fans being loud after they just beat UT that same day and one of my buddies goes: "But what about South Carolina!" loud enough for them to hear. They quieted down and then started booing. That was such a weird and lame reaction by them. That still kills me to this day.

Tennesse fans.

School hasn't been good since Manning left, but still acts like they are something special. Your team sucks if you have to hire a tuba player as your coach.

uh they won a championship after manning left with tee martin

Tennessee is my most hated in SEC.

Clemson is obviously on the top of my hate list followed by Miami, Notre Dame, and Fl State

Tennessee. Because, I swear, we lost to them fifteen years in a row by a field goal or less, and often in the most excruciating fashion. Like the time they jumped off sides on a field goal as time was about to expire that their kicker shanked, only to nail it from five yards further back - one year before they added a 10 second runoff on penalties that would have iced the game. I still burn about that one. And I swear that idiot Albert Haynseworth played on ten of those teams.

Auburn...Scam Newton
Right. NCAA had to break their own rules to keep the cheater on the field. Or at least the cheater's son. I watched the ESPN special about that whole situation. Both $Cam and his dad denied the allegations, then the reporter went on to say they were true. All reports indicate his father did seek money for the son to play. Look, they didn't ban his father from NCAA games for no reason. He was an NCAA rules violator.

I will agree that that is mostly his father's doing and not $Cam's. But according to the NCAA rulebook, his college career should have been over. He should not have finished that season and Auburn, knowing he should have been ineligible, should have vacated their wins from that season.

mine is georgia....i went to a few games in athens while in school and a few after i graduated......their fans were just horrible....it was probably 20 years ago the last time i was there....maybe they've gotten better....doubt it

Mizzou hasnt fit in anywhere since the big8 conference,and theres other teams that be said about also. In missouri,80% of the people in this state doesnt have a clue that there are other football teams besides the chiefs. the chiefs are all they care about
Yet they've already won twice as many divisional championships as we have. I guess the disapproval of their detractors is no impediment to them.

Tennesse fans.

School hasn't been good since Manning left, but still acts like they are something special. Your team sucks if you have to hire a tuba player as your coach.

We don't see them as much as we used to, but NC State people are really rude.

UF, followed very closely by UT, bc their fan bases are so obnoxious.
UT, because of their fans, and because they have managed historically to have a nationally relevant program in a state that turns out relatively few Division I prospects. Even though they don't have a strong in-state rival, their success through the years, especially the fact that they aren't situated in a hotbed of high school football, doesn't make sense. You wonder why they could do it and why they continue to frustrate us on the field - even some of our better teams. To me, they are the school we have to get past to move up in the college football hierarchy.

I've said that many times. The ACC rivalries extended well beyond UPC. Thanks for bringing that up.
But I do give NCSU credit for one thing. IIRC they were one of the few ACC schools that would continue to play us after we left the Conference and did so against the ACCs wishes.

But I do give NCSU credit for one thing. IIRC they were one of the few ACC schools that would continue to play us after we left the Conference and did so against the ACCs wishes.
And the hatred continued: Morrison's team hitting the speed limit on them in Columbia, Ellis drawing down on them in 1988 up in Raleigh, and Agnew & Co. celebrating tearing up Todd's knee in Columbia in 89. Ah, fun times!!

Reactions: rogue cock
There's nothing wrong with Mizzou fans, but I rank them as my least favorite SEC school. It's not their fault, but they just don't fit in the conference.

Mizzou might want to consider dropping sports all together. Every time I watch them play a home game in football or basketball the seats are half-filled, at best.

Reactions: okccock

Just in the 80s alone, South Carolina played every ACC team except for Maryland.

Tough one. Kensucky, Tennesshe and Jawja are all pretty close on my hate list. I guess if I had to choose one, it would be Tennesshe. I hate everything about them. Saw some folks hating on LSU. Because my wife and her family are from there, I always pull for them unless they are playing us. I guess since we are moving there this summer, I will have to become a bigger LSU fan. Least they wont dash my hopes quite as much as my Gamecocks.....

There's nothing wrong with Mizzou fans, but I rank them as my least favorite SEC school. It's not their fault, but they just don't fit in the conference.

If it were based on fan behavior/attitude, let's face it, there'd be a lot of candidates. It's like trying to pick the ugliest troll from the Lord of the Rings movies. I find fans of LSU, MSU (those god-awful cowbells), Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida equally annoying. But I'm not sure any of them are more annoying that those freaking A&M fans with their rehearsed chants and sayings. They even have to get together at midnight the night before and practice their crap. Who does that?

there is a lot wrong with Mizzou fans. first hand experience.

them or A&M (also first hand experience), prior to both joining, was Auburn.

Mine changes from time to time, but typically UF, UT, UGA and Auburn are up high on the list. I actually liked Mark Richt a lot, so my hatred of the Dawgs wasn't as strong while he was there. With Smart there, my animosity towards them has escalated greatly.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Georgia. I can't stand their fans, and they made a habit of kicking our butts when I was growing up. I will say that they had one fan I truly liked more than all of the rest. Sky Hertwig, who played for them and the Lions in the 1960's, used to host a few of us when USC played at Georgia. We stayed at his house, he cooked for us and we always managed to get tickets. Both nights we would go to the Nowhere Bar (that he owned) and he wouldn't let us pay for anything. Sky was a class act and a character who I miss very much.

Unfortunately, I live in Athens, so I obviously hate UGA the most. Sky was also a good friend of mine and I spent many nights hanging in his bar. I still go there, but it just isn't the same since he passed.

That being said, UGA fans are definitely the worst. They bark like its their job, their bars smell like piss and vomit. On north campus, i once saw two UGA fans peeing towards each other face to face. They were trying to cross streams, right in front of the library. I think that just sums up "bulldawg nation"

Unfortunately, I live in Athens, so I obviously hate UGA the most. Sky was also a good friend of mine and I spent many nights hanging in his bar. I still go there, but it just isn't the same since he passed.

That being said, UGA fans are definitely the worst. They bark like its their job, their bars smell like piss and vomit. On north campus, i once saw two UGA fans peeing towards each other face to face. They were trying to cross streams, right in front of the library. I think that just sums up "bulldawg nation"

Damn! Is that why that place stinks? North Campus at UGA reminds me a lot of The Horseshoe and Gibbes Green at SC, but Dawg fans really trash their old campus on football weekends. Any wholesale trashing of that kind in The Horseshoe at Carolina, football game or no football game, would result in violence of a high and aggravated nature!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT