ADVERTISEMENT

Leniency Please.....Just Pathetic. Smh.

ConKreteCock

Oct 11, 2008
I admit that growing up I never really liked Basketball all that much until the March madness tourney. I always watched it.

Possibly one reason I've never really cared is because I was born in 72. So all you history buffs can do the math and look back and see things through my eyes when it comes to Gamecock Basketball. Aside from a flash in the pan season where we might have made the big dance, I never really paid all that much attention to GC BB....and the fact that cable television wasn't even a thing when I was born. Also, I live in NC so any basketball I ever saw was ACC.

But times have changed, we can see a good portion of our games on TV now and I'm more interested during the season and will tune in and watch. I know Coach Martin has done very good things and I know we're headed in the right direction, but that doesn't change the fact that right now I'm pretty pissed off. I shouldn't be. After all, I am a Gamecock fan through and through. They'll pull you in and then rip your heart out. It's the same movie for 44 years.

Last year at this point we were "on the bubble." This year and from everything I've heard even today we're a "lock" for the Big Dance. Can someone explain to me if this is true? And if so, how is this year different from last? Seems like the same exact team to me. We were ranked pretty high at one point during the regular season....but of course.....we can't have that!!! Choking games away and falling out of the rankings is inexcusable IMHO. I'm pissed.

Are we in or not?

And just so I'm not labeled a sexist.....I have watched and been amazed at the Womens side of hoops. I watched the ladies win the SEC Title the other night. It was awesome. If anyone in the Athletic Dept ever lets Staley (spelling?) get away, they ought to be shot, no questions asked. I like her a lot. Incredible job she's done. Congrats to the ladies.

Last edited:
I admit that growing up I never really liked Basketball all that much until the March madness tourney. I always watched it.

Possibly one reason I've never really cared is because I was born in 72. So all you history buffs can do the math and look back and see things through my eyes when it comes to Gamecock Basketball. Aside from a flash in the pan season where we might have made the big dance, I never really paid all that much attention to GC BB....and the fact that cable television wasn't even a thing when I was born. Also, I live in NC so any basketball I ever saw was ACC.

But times have changed, we can see a good portion of our games on TV now and I'm more interested during the season and will tune in and watch. I know Coach Martin has done very good things and I know we're headed in the right direction, but that doesn't change the fact that right now I'm pretty pissed off. I shouldn't be. After all, I am a Gamecock fan through and through. They'll pull you in and then rip your heart out. It's the same movie for 44 years.

Last year at this point we were "on the bubble." This year and from everything I've heard even today we're a "lock" for the Big Dance. Can someone explain to me if this is true? And if so, how is this year different from last? Seems like the same exact team to me. We were ranked pretty high at one point during the regular season....but of course.....we can't have that!!! Choking games away and falling out of the rankings is inexcusable IMHO. I'm pissed.

Are we in or not?

The team played a much tougher non-conference schedule and has several quality wins, more than they had last year.

Also, the bubble is perhaps the weakest it's ever been this year. Still, this team, with this resume, would have made the field last year, too.

And can I just say one more thing about basketball in general? This is not team specific. It's every team. If I was the coach of ANY basketball team, I would pull aside my big men and tell them this > "If you're under the basket and get the ball, if I ever, EVER see you try to do a layup....you'll be benched indefinitely." "Jump up, and DUNK THE BALL!! I don't care if someone's arm is in the way, break their arm if you have to, but you better dunk that ball."

Seeing these big men under the basket trying to do those layups......and missing.....it drives me insane. I don't understand it. I really don't. How hard can it be? DUNK THE BALL or get fouled trying, or commit a foul trying. Layups = laziness and wussiness. Lol. Grrrrrrrrr.

The team played a much tougher non-conference schedule and has several quality wins, more than they had last year.

Also, the bubble is perhaps the weakest it's ever been this year. Still, this team, with this resume, would have made the field last year, too.

Oh yeah, I do recall now the schedule was weak last year. I remember now. Like I said, I don't keep up with Basketball or baseball like I do football. But I'm getting older and coming around. Thanks for the reminder / explanation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT