ADVERTISEMENT

Let the attrition begin........again.

i have no idea what the future holds under Martin...I do know how the past was under many coaches for 40 years before Martin

one years, he won 25 games one year before that one year you talk about

P.S. I believe he leaves before Tanner wants him to leave
The 25 wins the year before were against the weakest schedule I can remember. It was terrible.

Tanner allows enough rope to hang two coaches, so the latter statement wouldn't surprise me.

The 25 wins the year before were against the weakest schedule I can remember. It was terrible.

Tanner allows enough rope to hang two coaches, so the latter statement wouldn't surprise me.

hey before Martin, SC played many bad schedules and didnt win 25 games

Perhaps....but I think you'd have a hard time finding one ranked as low as that one.

if the SC gamecocks can win 25 games against anybody, that's a upgrade from many seasons before Martin...SC wasnt exactly Duke or NC before that 25 win season

Reactions: myrtlecock
Hope to heck you're not saying that one run buys him a lifetime contract. Because that's exactly what I hear some implying because you sure as heck can't criticize the man without being jumped on.

That is how they see it. We could not make the NCAA's for the next five seasons...and with FFF that is a distinct possibility...and they would still bleat and bray about that Final Fluke run. It would be different if we had been making the tourney on a regular basis, but we haven't and won't. They just look at that tourney run last year and get too caught up emotionally, and that causes to them to act without reason.

Reactions: TheRoosterGuru
What I'd like to know is, did he steal your gf some time in the past or something? Your hatred for him seems to be unhealthy.

See, I don't hate FFF. I've always heard good things about him. I just don't think he's a good coach. I think what we see this past season is what we will will generally get from him.

It's all part of the game these days. Kids transfer in and out of a lot of programs. We've also benefited from picking up transfers in men and women's hoops. Just the way it is these days - not unique to Frank's program.
It IS unique to Frank's program. That is Martin's propaganda. We've got to be in the top 10 for attrition in D-1.

The way some of you guys talk we could have won the national championship last year and you'd be complaining that it may be another five or six years before we won another one. Like that would be a bad thing. You can hate on him all you want but yes he got us to the final four last year in that buys him a few more years.

The way some of you guys talk we could have won the national championship last year and you'd be complaining that it may be another five or six years before we won another one. Like that would be a bad thing. You can hate on him all you want but yes he got us to the final four last year in that buys him a few more years.
The thing of it is; it isn't JUST the final four run. He came in to a disaster left by perhaps the worst MBB coach ever at USC, and improved each and every year (until taking a step back this year). A few around here are so blinded by their hatred for CFM that they can't even see that.
CFM isn't perfect. His player retention rate and apparent hit-or-miss evaluations are concerning, and need to be better. But overall I believe we have a good one in Frank.

Agree...if I saw a heartbeat in recruiting. This is the year the FF run should be paying off in recruiting....and it just happens to coincide with a great year in in-state prospects. Yet, they are leaving the state....or in one case, maybe heading to UPC. He got a pass last year because the FF run was too late to make a difference...not this year. And on top of that, we find out that prior recruits continue not to make it.

Can you imagine the outrage if Muschamp hadn't continued to improve recruiting each of the years he was here? People are already jumping on Kingston. I don't play double standards. After 6 years, Martin should have figured out this recruiting.

Agree...if I saw a heartbeat in recruiting. This is the year the FF run should be paying off in recruiting....and it just happens to coincide with a great year in in-state prospects. Yet, they are leaving the state....or in one case, maybe heading to UPC. He got a pass last year because the FF run was too late to make a difference...not this year. And on top of that, we find out that prior recruits continue not to make it.

Can you imagine the outrage if Muschamp hadn't continued to improve recruiting each of the years he was here? People are already jumping on Kingston. I don't play double standards. After 6 years, Martin should have figured out this recruiting.

The recent news about dirty recruiting and the FBI should help you see that the problems with BB recruiting are much larger than CFM. It's a shame kids don't want to play for him. Hopefully it changes. We tried a young hot coach. Who would we get now? At least Frank gets the most from those that want to give effort.

That is how they see it. We could not make the NCAA's for the next five seasons...and with FFF that is a distinct possibility...and they would still bleat and bray about that Final Fluke run. It would be different if we had been making the tourney on a regular basis, but we haven't and won't. They just look at that tourney run last year and get too caught up emotionally, and that causes to them to act without reason.

Thanks for being so blatantly obvious about your bias against one of our own coaches, enough so you refuse to give credit where credit is due. It really puts your posts in perspective and now I know to not bother with them anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have no idea what the future holds under Martin...I do know how the past was under many coaches for 40 years before Martin

... he won 25 games one year before that one run you talk about

P.S. I believe he leaves before Tanner wants him to leave
I agree to this extent: Tanner doesn't want to make another high-profile hire. It's not likely that what has happened with Muschamp will happen for him twice, and he knows it. He blew that search, but provisionally appears to have come out in one piece anyway.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
We think this is a problem because we don't keep track of the day to day at other programs. Everyone has transfers.

I agree to this extent: Tanner doesn't want to make another high-profile hire. It's not likely that what has happened with Muschamp will happen for him twice, and he knows it. He blew that search, but provisionally appears to have come out in one piece anyway.

king ward: "USC WBB won't win a national title"

USC WBB wins a national title

king ward: "USC WBB got lucky"

king ward: "Ray Tanner blew the search for a football coach"

Muschamp wins 9 games in his 2nd season

king ward: "Ray Tanner got lucky"

king ward: "USC WBB won't win a national title"

USC WBB wins a national title

king ward: "USC WBB got lucky"

king ward: "Ray Tanner blew the search for a football coach"

Muschamp wins 9 games in his 2nd season

king ward: "Ray Tanner got lucky"
The first part of your submission is erroneous.

It is frustrating but really not all that surprising. Fogler had a really good 3 year run where we went to the NIT and then back to back NCAA appearances including an SEC Championship and we still experienced a major drop-off in recruiting. He managed to get Rolando Howell and Chuck Eidsen but we were never a factor anymore in the SEC. I understand that Fogler seemed to have checked out on us before he actually left but recruiting here has always been tough. I just don't think anyone could have come in after Horn and done much better than Frank has. Maybe Bruce Pearl but we all know where that would have had us. LOL

It is frustrating but really not all that surprising. Fogler had a really good 3 year run where we went to the NIT and then back to back NCAA appearances including an SEC Championship and we still experienced a major drop-off in recruiting. He managed to get Rolando Howell and Chuck Eidsen but we were never a factor anymore in the SEC. I understand that Fogler seemed to have checked out on us before he actually left but recruiting here has always been tough. I just don't think anyone could have come in after Horn and done much better than Frank has. Maybe Bruce Pearl but we all know where that would have had us. LOL
The person who finally breaks through here in a big way will be someone from whom we don't expect amazing success - a Coach K type.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT