ADVERTISEMENT

Let's rain on the parade .... Wonnum is not coming to Carolina

Every year you always have certain players who want to wait til the last minute to announce for whatever reason. After all this time these players know where they are going but they want to keep dragging it out. If they know they aren't going to a certain school, why don't they tell that school so the coaches won't waste any more time with them.
I am in total agreement with this comment. All I can speculate is that this is an issue with today's youth generation. Call me "Old Fashioned" or better yet, "Old School." I could care less because that is my mentality. All this pointless dragging on and leading on is just so utterly juvenile and these kids want to be treated as mature adults. At my old age, I can tell which high school players are playing the coaches for their own amusement. They don't fool me for 1 minute because I can read them like a book. If all of a sudden, the NCAA announces on Feb 6 that national signing day will be extended for another 3 months, I bet you these "juvenile jokers" who originally planned to sign on Feb 7 will surely prolong their recruitment for another 3 months ... just for the FUN of it. Sad.

Every year you always have certain players who want to wait til the last minute to announce for whatever reason. After all this time these players know where they are going but they want to keep dragging it out. If they know they aren't going to a certain school, why don't they tell that school so the coaches won't waste any more time with them.

Doesn't the early signing period eliminate this to a degree, spots are locked up, some players get down to a choice of 2 or a few schools, the schools really want that guy and they can wait, some players have a involved family, and the decision goes down the last day so to speak.

Sandidge has a school that has his heart and a school that has his head, and Mother has a 40 minute video going over details such as the school's nutritionist and the importance. They review the strength coaches, the player personal director, etc.

Really alot of details go into some of these family's decisions who are taking the decision very seriously, that can cause a signing day decision as well and I respect people who take that approach.

Mama Sandidge said before our visit, after a visit Junior flip flops, and its confusion overload, Im sure that is typical of these 17 year old kids, glad we got the last visit.

Last edited:
I am in total agreement with this comment. All I can speculate is that this is an issue with today's youth generation. Call me "Old Fashioned" or better yet, "Old School." I could care less because that is my mentality. All this pointless dragging on and leading on is just so utterly juvenile and these kids want to be treated as mature adults. At my old age, I can tell which high school players are playing the coaches for their own amusement. They don't fool me for 1 minute because I can read them like a book. If all of a sudden, the NCAA announces on Feb 6 that national signing day will be extended for another 3 months, I bet you these "juvenile jokers" who originally planned to sign on Feb 7 will surely prolong their recruitment for another 3 months ... just for the FUN of it. Sad.
It makes no sense at all for a recruit to wait until signing day to announce. I wish it would happen more than it does about a recruit waiting too long only to find out their is no space left for them and they have to look elsewhere.

you are a lucky fan.... to see a game in Fenway is an experience. The old Boston Garden was the same, but the new arena is also nice.

Every baseball fan needs to see a game at Fenway before they die
That’s a very taterish attitude you’ve got there...hmmm.
I hope you’re crying your eyes out tonight around 9ish.

Glad we got him.
Thompson's visit??? ... It's some kind of big secret how his visit went and which way he's leaning.
Sandridge's visit??? ... It's some kind of big secret how his visit went and which way he's leaning.

Wonnum's visit??? ... "They kept it the same." "The same thing since Day 1."
"I should commit next week but, if I don't it will be signing day." "No leaders, all the same." "That I don't know. That's something I just have to really sit down and think about. The pros and cons and stuff."

No Big Secret ... He's going somewhere else is my guess ... but it is just a guess.

Any chance you can start the exact same thread about Sandidge and Mincey? You seem to be reverse-lucky.

I agree with your perspectives & think the kids that do it right sign early (qualify academically) and reduce the drama around it speaks to their character and upbringing.......conversely..........
this game & process was created for them to choose how they want to play it & for some the moment in the sun may seem bigger than it really is.

Were you ever young, once? Maybe you can remember how the mindset is a little different

you are a lucky fan.... to see a game in Fenway is an experience. The old Boston Garden was the same, but the new arena is also nice.

Every baseball fan needs to see a game at Fenway before they die
I've seen 3 games at Fenway. The first and second were a doubleheader against the Senators in the late summer of 1967. I was 13. I remember Yaz getting a bunch of hits and Frank Howard hitting one over the monster and into the street.

The third was game 2 of the 2013 World Series. It was freezing cold and the Red Sox lost when they committed 3 errors on a single play and surrendered the lead in the 7th inning. It was still quite an experience.

Were you ever young, once? Maybe you can remember how the mindset is a little different
Yes, I do remember when I was young and very vividly too. Furthermore, I can firmly proclaim that the values of my generation are way better than those of today’s youths. All these social media outlets have created a generation of egotistical kids with an insatiable appetite for attention and idol worshipping. Call me old all you want but I hate the mindset of the millennials.

Yes, I do remember when I was young and very vividly too. Furthermore, I can firmly proclaim that the values of my generation are way better than those of today’s youths. All these social media outlets have created a generation of egotistical kids with an insatiable appetite for attention and idol worshipping. Call me old all you want but I hate the mindset of the millennials.

co-sign (& I was born during the Carter administration)

How are we doing with recruiting ‘Unique Brissett II'? I heard he likes catfish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT