ADVERTISEMENT

Link: Safety Javon Charleston looking to transfer

Didn't he leave already? Is this old news or did he change his mind? I thought he announced this at start of season or not long after?

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
See more of this every year. Don’t think WM suggested this to him, since we need depth at DB. Seniors who don’t want to be backups, willing to take their chances, and move on. That’s how we picked up the safety from Kansas (Isaiah something) then Harvey and Ibe this year, I believe.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
See more of this every year. Don’t think WM suggested this to him, since we need depth at DB. Seniors who don’t want to be backups, willing to take their chances, and move on. That’s how we picked up the safety from Kansas (Isaiah something) then Harvey and Ibe this year, I believe.
You bring up an interesting point....I wonder if this transfer has anything to do with Harvey and Ibe getting an additional year and being able to play next year. IIRC Charleston didn't come back until they were lost for the year during Spring practice. Harvey and Ibe would put him even lower on the depth chart.

You bring up an interesting point....I wonder if this transfer has anything to do with Harvey and Ibe getting an additional year and being able to play next year. IIRC Charleston didn't come back until they were lost for the year during Spring practice. Harvey and Ibe would put him even lower on the depth chart.
Have they been granted the extra year yet? Know there was talk
Of it, would be great if so.

If that were true, he wouldn't be looking to transfer.
According to the Twitter rumor mill, it is true and he can only play another year if he transfers. His eligibility is up here because the compliance office started him too soon.

According to the Twitter rumor mill, it is true and he can only play another year if he transfers. His eligibility is up here because the compliance office started him too soon.
You have 5 years to play 4, regardless of division.

Now, if he hasn't graduated and is not eligible for immediate playing time as a graduate transfer, then he will have to drop a level to play.

I understand what he's saying He should have had a RS season coming because he didn't play in his 4th season. But he says they started his clock before his first season, so now he's timed out. He might still be wrong, but I get it.

You have 5 years to play 4, regardless of division.

Now, if he hasn't graduated and is not eligible for immediate playing time as a graduate transfer, then he will have to drop a level to play.
He has graduated but his Div.1 eligibility is gone. He'll have to change divisions.

I understand what he's saying He should have had a RS season coming because he didn't play in his 4th season. But he says they started his clock before his first season, so now he's timed out. He might still be wrong, but I get it.
I believe he did RS his 1st season.

And they started his clock because he registered for college classes, even if online. Should've gone to prep school.

He says he was not a full-time student in 2014. The school says he was. That's the argument. His first football season was 2015. So he thinks he should have another year.

Anyway, after hearing he was thinking transfer, the usual chorus of fans who don't understand why any player would transfer chimed in. So he gave the email address of the compliance office and said they should take it up with them.

Reactions: TheReelEss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT