ADVERTISEMENT

Look Who's Projected As The #25 Ranked Team For 2022

When an SEC team has a winning record against other SEC teams, they have to be good. And good enough with a hard strength of schedule to be ranked. Of course, being ranked is only the first step. 8 and 9 win seasons will be good for now but we all hope for better.

I kind of hate to see this. First, it’s preseason so it means nothing. We haven’t earned it in the field. We didn’t finish in the top 25 and have it carry over.

While I like that people are buying into us now…I still think we have a long way to go. Sports seem to have a way of balancing out. This year we won more than we should’ve. It very well could be that we win fewer than we expect next season. I kind of like having that chip on our shoulder and no expectations for our players. Hopefully they fight to keep this…but hope we don’t get big heads about it.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Unless we get past Kentucky and Tennessee, this projection is unlikely to come to fruition at the end of the year. It's as in golf: hitting your ball to the green doesn't matter if it doesn't wind up on the green.
Better quarterback play would have resulted in wins against both of those teams this past season. The Kentucky game was hard to watch, not sure what our QB was trying to do. We are already on the level with those two teams. We need to catch up to Texas A&M, I am tired of losing to those guys.

Texas A&M along with LSU will likely be contendes for the National Championship in the next 2-3 years.
Looks like Ga. and possibly Fla in the East and Ala ,LSU and A&M in the West as legit powers.
Then you have Carolina,Kentucky,Tenn,maybe Mizzou and The Mississippi schools,Ark,and Auburn trying to ascend to that level.
The bottom line is we can beat A&M we'll be a player on the national level.

I kind of hate to see this. First, it’s preseason so it means nothing. We haven’t earned it in the field. We didn’t finish in the top 25 and have it carry over.

While I like that people are buying into us now…I still think we have a long way to go. Sports seem to have a way of balancing out. This year we won more than we should’ve. It very well could be that we win fewer than we expect next season. I kind of like having that chip on our shoulder and no expectations for our players. Hopefully they fight to keep this…but hope we don’t get big heads about it.
If Carolina gets a big head because there's a possibility of starting the season at #25, then we have a lot bigger problems to worry about.

Better quarterback play would have resulted in wins against both of those teams this past season. The Kentucky game was hard to watch, not sure what our QB was trying to do. We are already on the level with those two teams. We need to catch up to Texas A&M, I am tired of losing to those guys.
We could have won the Kentucky game anyway. I hope some lessons were learned.

All gas, no brakes.

4863e4ec-8b54-499d-a16c-dccad26e8d3b-FLGAI-100320-UFvs.SCarolin_3.JPG

It’s ok to be positive.

Overachieving in your first year is great. It creates enthusiasm and momentum. It’s also a double-edged sword that creates expectations. With our record from last season and the addition Rattler, anything less than 9 wins will probably be seen as somewhat disappointing.

We came within a hair’s breadth of 9 wins this past year…but also within a hair’s breadth of 5 wins.

Unless we get past Kentucky and Tennessee, this projection is unlikely to come to fruition at the end of the year. It's as in golf: hitting your ball to the green doesn't matter if it doesn't wind up on the green.
Spot on. This was a very strange season for us. I’m hesitant about being too confident going into next season. Maybe we’re a bit better than we looked for 3/4ths of the season, but we’re probably not quite as good as the team that beat Florida, Auburn and UNC. Let’s not forget that those teams had losing records. Those teams also had some good wins, but they were very inconsistent.

The goal going forward should be to beat the teams we should and compete better against the SEC East teams behind Georgia. We still finished 5th in the East. Behind Kentucky, Tenn and Mizzou. Beating those teams would really put us on solid ground. Then to get to a level where we expect to beat those teams. Then you can confidently begin to predict the upward trajectory for this team. It’s all about competition, confidence and results.

I love what Beamer is doing right now. Delivering the goods with recruiting and working the transfer portal. Most of all, I like the fact that he is fighting to change the perception of the program and building a new culture.

There are always a few teams that get a perception boost from their bowl performance, and it looks we're one of those this year. I think there's genuine reason to be excited about the program right now, but there are plenty of teams who kill it in bowl season and then flop the following year, so we've gotta make sure perception is reality. I think Beamer has done a pretty good job so far of bucking the usual SC narratives, with the exception of the Clemson game, which remains baffling as all get out.

ESPN used to rank us at 25 to make the match up look better on tv I swear they used to do this

Reactions: Lakecock1
It's as in golf: hitting your ball to the green doesn't matter if it doesn't wind up on the green.
But king, what if my wedge is on fire and my putter is magic?

(Ok, Please stay away from any comments about magic putters.)

Idk about UT. Their offense matched up and down the field on our D. Agree about Kentucky and even Mizzu.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT