ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the 2016 Schedule I can see at least 7 or 8 wins....

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-south-carolina-gamecocks-football-schedule.php

Date Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Thursday
Sep. 1 at Vanderbilt Commodores
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 10 at Mississippi State Bulldogs
Davis Wade Stadium, Starkville, MS TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 17 East Carolina Pirates
Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 24 at Kentucky Wildcats
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, KY TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 1 Texas A&M Aggies
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 8 Georgia Bulldogs
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 15 --- Open Date --- ---
Saturday
Oct. 22 UMass Minutemen
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 29 Tennessee Volunteers
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 5 Missouri Tigers
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 12 at Florida Gators
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 19
western-carolina1.gif
Western Carolina Catamounts
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 26 at Clemson Tigers
Memorial Stadium, Clemson, SC TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Dec. 3
sec-logo-70.png
SEC Championship Game
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA TBA ---

If we got 7 wins next year, that would be quite an accomplishment. It's possible but I don't think that should be the expectation. We could struggle next year, particularly on offense. The staff that has been assembled is terrific and I think we'll bounce back, but give it some time and temper expectations out of the gate. We lose the best players on both sides of the ball by a large margin.

I think 7 wins are very possible. Vandy, UK, ECU, Mass, Mo, WCU, and TAM. Maybe even UGa. I know TAM and UGa sound unlikely, but both are going to have turmoil going into next year. Same with Mo.

Reactions: 5pointsalum16
This is how I see it...

Muschamp has a chip on his shoulder and he is putting together a very good coaching staff...

Last season we should have won at least 10 games with a good coaching staff...

Muschamp will bring in a top 25 if not top 15 recruiting class in February...

Vandy is a win

Miss St. is rebuilding another win

East Carolina win

Kentucky win

TAM win, they have too many problems within the program

UGA Kirby hasn't put together a staff and UGA is losing recruits. Plus how many times will they mention Bryan McClendon going to South Carolina during the bowl game??? A big plus for Carolina in so many ways...

UMass win

Tennessee... They have never really beaten us in the last 3 years... Our coaching staff kept us from beating Tennessee... win..

Missouri win, they have major changes gong on....

Florida... Win Muschamp has a special place in his heart for them....

Western Carolina Win....

Clemson, we can take them... Could go either way, but I say Win....

It seem like every time we play Georgia deeper into the season we get screwed. When we played them near mid-season in 2012, it was in front of road games at LSU and Florida (in the history of college football had anyone ever played 3 top 5 teams in a row?).

It would have been better this past season to play UGA late after or before they play Florida...

I'm with @robertfootball ... 4 wins next year, 5 the years after that, then get me in a bowl game in Boom's third season. I'm all for the wishful thinking though.

I understand tempering expectations, but I think your pace of one additional win per year is too conservative. We didn't lose 9 games this year because we had less talent than 9 of our opponents. It was because we were a team in turmoil. I think a bowl game is a reasonable expectation next season and really should be the minimum expectation every season. I'm not saying we should fire Muschamp or consider him a failure if we don't go to a bowl next year, but given that schedule, I'd certainly be disappointed with only 4 or 5 wins. You have to recruit your way to seriously contend for a conference title, but the true measure of a coach is how much he gets out of his current players. I suspect with an off-season to get stabilized, Elliott' staff could get 4 wins out of this team next year. Surely, if Muschamp is worth his salt, he can get more than that out of them.

Who plays their 1st 3 conf on the road ? I mean sh_____...

Better yet, who plays 3 of their first 4 games of the year as conference games? While UT and UGA (I would say KY but they don't feast on anyone) are feasting on tune-up teams, we'll be in the heat of battle from the get go. Sure would like a few games for our boys to get some experience, but overall, this schedule is not as tough as previous years. We just may not be at the level we should be. If we had the team of two years ago, this would have been the best schedule possible to go 12-0. Of course, I have no clue what our record will be next year and to me no win is a sure W or a sure L. Might be a fun one.

I'm with @robertfootball ... 4 wins next year, 5 the years after that, then get me in a bowl game in Boom's third season. I'm all for the wishful thinking though.

Any Gamecock fan who feels 4 wins is not a realist or a real fan. With a defense even 10% better than this year's we win 6 or 7 games. The year before, we possibly win 10 or 11. My big concern is that without Cooper, Wilds and Carson..........that our O drops even further. We need playmakers on offense. I doubt we'll be playing the Cover 2 defense with safeties 20 yards back this year, so that'll be a relief.

Reactions: oakley51
Any Gamecock fan who feels 4 wins is not a realist or a real fan. With a defense even 10% better than this year's we win 6 or 7 games. The year before, we possibly win 10 or 11. My big concern is that without Cooper, Wilds and Carson..........that our O drops even further. We need playmakers on offense. I doubt we'll be playing the Cover 2 defense with safeties 20 yards back this year, so that'll be a relief.

Cooper is a major loss, but Wilds just didn't have the same desire before his injuries in his sophomore year...

Carson showed some greatness at times, but it wasn't consistency...

Cooper is a major loss, but Wilds just didn't have the same desire before his injuries in his sophomore year...

Carson showed some greatness at times, but it wasn't consistency...

Agree with those. Also, Carson not only lacked the consistency, heck, especially at the end of the season, he rarely even saw the field!! smh... Because of that, he won't be a major loss. If we can get two or three guys to step up and fill just a portion of Cooper, each......

We have no real idea of what we have in Mon Denson - Here's hoping he blows us away! (And no, I didn't forget about DW - Really hoping Mon impresses)

Reactions: oakley51
Who plays their 1st 3 conf on the road ? I mean sh_____...
What a schedule! First 3 SEC games on the road sandwiched around a home game vs. ECU. Then 5 straight home games. Then 2 of 3 on the road (FL and CLEM) around WKU. The 5 straight home stretch will be nice, but the beginning and end could doom us.

To get to 7 we need to...
win 2 of 3 opening road games (Vandy, KY?)
beat ECU at home
win 3 of 5 in the home-game stretch (which will mean beating 2 of: GA, TAM, Mizzou, or Tenn - none guaranteed).
Beat WKU

If we don't win 3 of 5, we have to beat FL in the swamp or Clem in Clem - not terribly likely next year.

It's going to be tough to get to 7.

If that is how it goes, we will have people lining up outside of WB with pitch forks and torches ready to run every coach and player out of town.

I see a lot of people talking about games you should have won last yeat. Remember you probably should have lost to UNC or vandy by that same reasoning. Now were you more talented than the citadel, absolutely. But from an outside perspective you were right there with Kentucky, vandy, Tennessee, and Mizzou talent wise. Stoops and Franklin had pulled some talent and you guys had let up a bit. So I don't get all the conversation about what you should have won. Talent wise and schedule wise you were about a .500 team with a few breaks going against you minus UNC. Just my assessment.

BTW I think you beat Vandy, ECU, A&M, UMass, Mizzou, and WCU and enjoy a victory in the bowl. I'd call that a pretty good year to build on with muschamps young recruits.

Reactions: Mark1471
I don't know how many, if any, opponents are 'sure' wins for our guys, but I DO know that UTe, KY, and Mizzou are overdue to get beat by the Gamecocks; way overdue.
Being due and having the players are two different things

We went 3-9 with a loss to the Citadel. And we lost our best player. I don't see us getting to 6 wins.

I understand tempering expectations, but I think your pace of one additional win per year is too conservative. We didn't lose 9 games this year because we had less talent than 9 of our opponents. It was because we were a team in turmoil. I think a bowl game is a reasonable expectation next season and really should be the minimum expectation every season. I'm not saying we should fire Muschamp or consider him a failure if we don't go to a bowl next year, but given that schedule, I'd certainly be disappointed with only 4 or 5 wins. You have to recruit your way to seriously contend for a conference title, but the true measure of a coach is how much he gets out of his current players. I suspect with an off-season to get stabilized, Elliott' staff could get 4 wins out of this team next year. Surely, if Muschamp is worth his salt, he can get more than that out of them.
There is a serious dearth of talent on this team. If you can't see it or if you can't see the difference between our team and many of our opponents when it comes to conditioning, there's not much I can do for you. It can't be overcome in 1 off-season. It took us 3 years to get to 2015. It'll take at least that long to get us back in the hunt. I appreciate the optimism, but some of you guys are going to be sorely disappointed next year because it's going to be another sub-500 year.

I don't give a hoo-haa about the number of wins as long as it lands us into post season play. No bowl, fair or not, it will be perceived as a failed first year. Get to a bowl game, then we have made progress. Win a bowl game, successful first season.

Reactions: Matte Black
We went 3-9 with a loss to the Citadel. And we lost our best player. I don't see us getting to 6 wins.

It was coaching that lost that game....

2 point loss to Kentucky
7 point loss to TAM
3 point loss to Tennessee
1 point loss to The Citadel

along with poor coaching against Missouri, Florida & Clemson could have been 7 to 10 wins this year... With a backup QB...

I think 7 wins are very possible. Vandy, UK, ECU, Mass, Mo, WCU, and TAM. Maybe even UGa. I know TAM and UGa sound unlikely, but both are going to have turmoil going into next year. Same with Mo.

A&M is gonna stink next year, then Sumlin is out. ECU & Kentucky will be better and less a sure thing than A&M.

I think we win 6 games, maybe 7 and we will be bowling. The recruiting class will be the best we've had in a long time.

I think we win 6 games, maybe 7 and we will be bowling. The recruiting class will be the best we've had in a long time.

As, hopefully, will be the coaching!

We lose our best players on O and D, but I seriously believe that this new staff will get more out of what we have left than the previous. Add to that some Fr that may bring something to the table, and we have a chance!

Reactions: Matte Black
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-south-carolina-gamecocks-football-schedule.php

Date Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Thursday
Sep. 1 at Vanderbilt Commodores
Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, TN TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 10 at Mississippi State Bulldogs
Davis Wade Stadium, Starkville, MS TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 17 East Carolina Pirates
Tickets

Saturday
Sep. 24 at Kentucky Wildcats
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, KY TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 1 Texas A&M Aggies
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 8 Georgia Bulldogs
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 15 --- Open Date --- ---
Saturday
Oct. 22 UMass Minutemen
Tickets

Saturday
Oct. 29 Tennessee Volunteers
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 5 Missouri Tigers
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 12 at Florida Gators
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 19
western-carolina1.gif
Western Carolina Catamounts
Tickets

Saturday
Nov. 26 at Clemson Tigers
Memorial Stadium, Clemson, SC TBA Buy
Tickets

Saturday
Dec. 3
sec-logo-70.png
SEC Championship Game
Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA TBA ---
If you don't win at a minimum of six games with that easy schedule, I will be SHOCKED. 3 EASY out of conference wins. ECU has a new coach, shouldn't be close. USC should beat UK and Kentuck 8 -10 times easily. No excuse for losing to either. That puts you with 5 sure wins. Missouri will suck. UGA new coach, no experience. UT and TAMU at home. USC will win 8 in my estimation and you should be very upset with anything less than 7

7-5 Ward, Adams , Hoke gone ! :):):):)
Better temper yourself. Our HC didn't do such a hot job at his last stop, and his OC was also shown the door from UF. Furthermore, our new DC has never been a DC before. As bad as Adams, Ward and Hoke were, we may not see a significant improvement in coaching, at least at first. Certainly, it's to be expected that there will be errors and mistakes. What is unknown is the steepness of the learning curve, especially with our new DC. The guy up at Clemp is pretty good these days, but he didn't start out that way. We whipped him multi years in a row.

You don't think if not for injuries, Mitch wouldn't be a starter?
Nope. He would have been beaten out by orth. I have never seen a football player that had a deer in headlights look in their face like Mitch did. He looked terrified when he was in the game and played so tight. It was clear when orth took over for him in the Kentucky game that he was head and shoulders above Mitch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT