ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Frank Martin is still our coach for another year.

I think apathy has set in with Gamecock athletics to the point where many fans do not care enough to cheer or boo anything right now!
This is where I am. Although I am excited for the start of the CSB era (“Gamecock fan” and “glutton for punishment” are synonymous I guess...), I am otherwise completely “meh”. Not wasting any more energy on SC sports until Aug/Sept.

Last edited:
The administration is screaming from the mountain top that USC just isn't serious about winning. The last two football coaching searches should have told everyone very clearly, but this underscores it loudly. USC is more than happy to be mediocre, or worse, as long as they get to cash that SEC check. And they figure everyone will keep giving as long as they can chant SEC...SEC everytime Bama wins another football game. Caslen, Tanner, the BOT, are playing the USC fan base for a bunch of suckers eternally intent to wait on a next year that is never coming.

Can we at least wait until an actual decision is announced before getting pi**ed off?
That is what I am saying- I see no reports of a final decision being made.

I mean at this point, we are obviously keeping him around in some fashion. You FIRE someone if you are letting them go, you do not drag it on like this..

• Love
Reactions: LakewoodCock
That is what I am saying- I see no reports of a final decision being made.

I mean at this point, we are obviously keeping him around in some fashion. You FIRE someone if you are letting them go, you do not drag it on like this..
In addition to, I have not heard yet any of the players declaring to enter the transfer portal.

• Haha
But he's staying with no contract extension. In that situation you may as well fire him. It will make it impossible for him to recruit.
That's the oldest excuse in college coaching. Just give me another year so my buyout will be bigger. Not giving an extension is the result of lack of success.

• Angry
I have been saying this for the last couple of weeks. You're not going to hire a quality coach if your administration fires a guy that had covid twice and lost an entire month of games. It's a real bad look. You know why there has not been an announcement since last Monday's initial meeting ? Because Tanner has reached out to all the decent coaches out there and has come back empty handed. I would extend Frank's contract to 2 years to give him some recruiting room. If there is a parting of the ways down the road, the extra year salary isn't a drop in the bucket to losing quality recruits or having players transfer.

I have been saying this for the last couple of weeks. You're not going to hire a quality coach if your administration fires a guy that had covid twice and lost an entire month of games. It's a real bad look. You know why there has not been an announcement since last Monday's initial meeting ? Because Tanner has reached out to all the decent coaches out there and has come back empty handed. I would extend Frank's contract to 2 years to give him some recruiting room. If there is a parting of the ways down the road, the extra year salary isn't a drop in the bucket to losing quality recruits or having players transfer.
this is wrong, but good try.

As it has been said a ton of times, they are giving Martin time to find a job. Smart move on our part if it happens we save $6M. He will be gone by the end of the week, my prediction, one way or another.
I'm certain that's the plan. But he's still lobbying for his job and I'm not certain who would hire him. But yeah, it's worth waiting to see if somebody will take him off our hands.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT