ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Muschamp is gone with a loss to Clemson.

I would not go that far. We are going to lose to Clemson. No way around that.

The questions are, how bad will we lose and what will we look like? If we have another lifeless effort as we did against A&M, then I do believe he's out. If the teams shows some life and energy and generally doesn't get embarrassed, then I think he's safe.

Reactions: chickadee#

The questions are, how bad will we lose and what will we look like? If we have another lifeless effort as we did against A&M, then I do believe he's out. If the teams shows some life and energy and generally doesn't get embarrassed, then I think he's safe.
I honestly can’t imagine the team not trying against their rival at home. Unless they get totally overwhelmed from the beginning and just quit. I guess we’ll see.

Reactions: okccock
WE SHOULD NEVER HOPE TO LOSE IN ANY SPORT. DANG PEOPLE

In a way, you have to think about the greater good. If you're caught in a bear trap, is it better that just sit there and die, or cut your foot off so you can escape and live?

Say we ball out and do the impossible and beat Clemson? It doesn't do anything to help us this season as we are already out of bowl contention. It would most certainly save Champ's job, which most would agree is not in the long-term best interest of the program. The best it would do is give us pride in keeping Clemson out of the playoffs. As much I don't want to see them in the playoffs, I'd rather do what is necessary for our long-term success.

In a way, you have to think about the greater good. If you're caught in a bear trap, is it better that just sit there and die, or cut your foot off so you can escape and live?

Say we ball out and do the impossible and beat Clemson? It doesn't do anything to help us this season as we are already out of bowl contention. It would most certainly save Champ's job, which most would agree is not in the long-term best interest of the program. The best it would do is give us pride in keeping Clemson out of the playoffs. As much I don't want to see them in the playoffs, I'd rather do what is necessary for our long-term success.
Losing would be in the best interest of the program long term for sure.

As much as this year has been a train wreck, if Muschamp can somehow beat both Clemson and Georgia, he will have at least reinforced the idea that he can put a competent game plan together-- at least defensively. So, it won't be completely laughable when he's brought back for another year.

Now, this almost certainly won't happen because the team is in shambles across all 3 phases.

It may sway some top notch recruits... Saying"man they beat Georgia and Clemson... Maybe they are not as far off as we think".... And we would be all over ESPN getting good exposure maybe as being giant killers.... I never want my team to lose. That's just something as a FAN I would never do regardless of what may or may not happen afterwards....

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
As much as this year has been a train wreck, if Muschamp can somehow beat both Clemson and Georgia, he will have at least reinforced the idea that he can put a competent game plan together-- at least defensively. So, it won't be completely laughable when he's brought back for another year.

Now, this almost certainly won't happen because the team is in shambles across all 3 phases.
This is certainly a more well thought out argument than simply saying that one isn’t a Gamecock fan is we hope for a loss.
The reality is that even those who may wish for a loss have love for our university. I think a loss at any level inspires almost no hope for the program under WM while a win offers up exactly what you mention in your post.

It may sway some top notch recruits... Saying"man they beat Georgia and Clemson... Maybe they are not as far off as we think".... And we would be all over ESPN getting good exposure maybe as being giant killers.... I never want my team to lose. That's just something as a FAN I would never do regardless of what may or may not happen afterwards....

And all an opposing coach has to tell recruits is: Hey, kid, they got pushed around by Appalachian State. At home.

Should we hope we lose?

This will be 6 in a row to Clemson...

Spurrier last Carolina/Clemson
November 29, 2014 Clemson 35–17 Clemson, SC

Shawn Elliott took over
November 28, 2015 Clemson 37–32 Columbia, SC

Muschamp's 1st time
November 26, 2016 Clemson 56–7 Clemson, SC

Muschamp's 2nd time
November 25, 2017 Clemson 34–10 Columbia, SC

Muschamp's 3rd time
November 24, 2018 Clemson 56–35 Clemson, SC

Muschamp's 4th time
November 30, 2019???

Clemson hasn't played anyone with a heartbeat since Texas A&M. They can be beaten as UNC showed.

If we lose embarrassingly to them again (6 in a row) I think the bottom falls out.

Reactions: big-un
Muschamp has been outscored 146-52 in the first three meetings against his in state rival. It’ll probably be 206-59 after game 4. Good times right now...

Reactions: agantt
One game isn't going to change anything. Our inept BOT and AD and now the President have already fouled this thing up. I don't know what happens but it won't be good.

Muschamp has at least one more year. At least Two if we hire the right OC. Anything less is suicide for our program. It can get worse. And I'm sure Muschamp will get the blame if we fire him at the end of the season and our recruits bail. There is not a home run hire this year so we might as well hire a top notch OC.

Muschamp has at least one more year. At least Two if we hire the right OC. Anything less is suicide for our program. It can get worse. And I'm sure Muschamp will get the blame if we fire him at the end of the season and our recruits bail. There is not a home run hire this year so we might as well hire a top notch OC.

For the 1,000,0001st time: we cannot bring in a top notch OC this off season. Can't happen. Won't happen. Isn't gonna happen.

Geebus ... you might be reading too fast. They showed that Clemson can be beaten. I didn't say they did beat them.

The taters always get bored I think the first few games of the season, then they turn it on for their playoff run. We have seen this script now each of the past few years, they will steam roll us again and will likely be back to back national champs. Makes me want to puke but it is what it is.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
All the pressure is on them, we don’t have anything to play for, they do.

If this is true, Dabo will make sure that they win with a late FG. He won't let CWM get canned on his watch. I'm changing my earlier prediction.

Taters win 27-24, Trevor fakes an injury early in 1st quarter. They will then win the ACC Championship by 50 pts.

Reactions: Millertime6289
This game **should** be competitive . Guys will be back. Two weeks to prepare, etc..Also a game has the weight of the world on it from an administration perspective..Anticipating an effort somewhere between the BAMA and UGA game.

However, if we lose by 40 in WB for a sixth straight loss, he very well could get run with his sack of cash in tow.

If this is true, Dabo will make sure that they win with a late FG. He won't let CWM get canned on his watch. I'm changing my earlier prediction.

Taters win 27-24, Trevor fakes an injury early in 1st quarter. They will then win the ACC Championship by 50 pts.

It won't matter. This year or next year he is gone. Now the game might be close just because of emotion and adrenaline, but Dabo is not taking a dive on any game.

His azz is gone then

Can the coaches recruit after all of this? That's the question.
Exactly. We know almost with certainty that Muschamp won't be able to do what he needs to do to win back the fans and the Administration if he comes back next year. He'd have to win at least 7 games - maybe 8 to restore any good will. (no pun intended) Without Edwards, Dowdle, Feaster, Stanley and Hutchinson on offense we won't average 20 points a game next year. Defense might be better but if you can't make first downs and score it won't matter.

Recruiting is shot. Go ahead and fire him this year and be done with it.

Throw buckets of money at Matt Rhule. I mean 5 or 6 million a year if you have to. If he fails its the place.

This game **should** be competitive . Guys will be back. Two weeks to prepare, etc..Also a game has the weight of the world on it from an administration perspective..Anticipating an effort somewhere between the BAMA and UGA game.

However, if we lose by 40 in WB for a sixth straight loss, he very well could get run with his sack of cash in tow.
You do realize Clemson has two weeks to prepare right? This is an off week for them too, and have you seen Clemson when they’ve had time to prepare? The results hasn’t been pretty for the other team. Unless we do something totally different the game won’t be close at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT