ADVERTISEMENT

Lord, let Clemson crash and burn this season...

This is just ignorant or denial. The ACC was clearly the toughest conference in college football last season. In fact, Bama had the easiest road to the playoff and championship of anyone.

I believe this reply was in response to the games of Troy and NC State. It's neither ignorant or denial to say Clemsin was lucky(nc state) and damn lucky(Troy) to win those 2. Throw in Louisville and auburn and Alabama as well. Everyone of those games had a very questionable call or unlikely event that went the taters way.
Every team has a handful of games every year hinge on one play. They won all of them. That usually does not happen.
And as for the ones screaming "ACC" was the best conference and basing it on bowl record... those bowl records are $hit. It's who you are matched up to. Yeah if an SEC team that was 3-5 loses to a 6-2 team from another conference that's real special. That'll show the sec whose boss.

I believe this reply was in response to the games of Troy and NC State. It's neither ignorant or denial to say Clemsin was lucky(nc state) and damn lucky(Troy) to win those 2. Throw in Louisville and auburn and Alabama as well. Everyone of those games had a very questionable call or unlikely event that went the taters way.
Every team has a handful of games every year hinge on one play. They won all of them. That usually does not happen.
And as for the ones screaming "ACC" was the best conference and basing it on bowl record... those bowl records are $hit. It's who you are matched up to. Yeah if an SEC team that was 3-5 loses to a 6-2 team from another conference that's real special. That'll show the sec whose boss.

How about overall OOC record and head to head overall?? ACC was 51-17 OOC with a winning record against every conference except the Pac 12. The SEC was 48-19 with a losing record to the ACC and the Big 12.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
How about overall OOC record and head to head overall?? ACC was 51-17 OOC with a winning record against every conference except the Pac 12. The SEC was 48-19 with a losing record to the ACC and the Big 12.

So the PAC 12 is better than the ACC.....got it!

Reactions: cockofdawn
The idea that nc state should have won that game is quite delusional. Sure, they COULD have won, but SHOULD have won? Clemson turned the ball over 5 times. Two interceptions inside of nc states 10 yard line. A fluke fumble that dribbles down the sideline. One pick six if I remember. Clemson outgained state by more than 100 yards on offense . Lots of crazy stuff that day. That game had as much potential for state to be blown out as it did fir state to win.
Wow, you must be a Tater since you are saying the only time Clemson loses is when they play Clemson.

The loss of Watson will hurt them greatly. He single-handedly kept them in games. Defense could take chances because they knew he could score at any moment.

I personally see a 9-3, 8-4 record for tigers, with FSU winning division

If qb works out, then back to being tajh Boyd type good for a few years.

We catch up to them by then

Watson was a once-in-a-lifetime college talent (much like Cam Newton or Michael Vick) and not having him is a huge deal for them. They know it, but if ur the defending champs, why would u express otherwise??

Reactions: johnnohj
The loss of Watson will hurt them greatly. He single-handedly kept them in games. Defense could take chances because they knew he could score at any moment.

Watson was a once-in-a-lifetime college talent (much like Cam Newton or Michael Vick) and not having him is a huge deal for them. They know it, but if ur the defending champs, why would u express otherwise??

Catch up to them? Things better change on the recruiting trail immediately. They have the top two players in the country committed to them and one is in our backyard. They are recruiting on a top five/ten level and well...we are in the neighborhood of top 30. Immediately there will be zero catching up. The mismanagement of the football program goes all the way to the top. Piss poor.

I heard QB play was very unremarkable in their scrimmage yesterday, TIFWIW.

If you want to be bored and read my paltry posts, you'd see I'm not blinded. I just can't see them back in the final four, with the players they've lost. Maybe their depth is WAY deeper than I realized.

I'm afraid it is. Unless all of their QB's turn out to be underachievers, they will likely be in the mix in 2017.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT