ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville removing Papa Johns. Clemson?

Do we still have Godfather's Pizza???

Now that was great Pizza...

There was a short lived pizza around here that was sold in gas stations and it was totally amazing. It was called Hot Stuff pizza. Wish those were still around.
Edit: just looked it up there is still one in Columbia. Might have to make a trip next time im in town.

This whole thing is getting out of hand . Since the whole Yeti / NRA dust up I have 7 or 8 customers a week who say they will never buy a Yeti Product because they went against the NRA . On the flip side I have 7 or 8 customers a week come in my shop that buy Yeti stuff “ONLY” because they don’t support the NRA . To me it’s idiotic . As a business .... why not just SHUT UP and don’t get wrapped up in politics and opinions and then you get Everyone’s business . I could careless about your politics , religion , personal beliefs etc etc etc .... everyone’s $$$$ looks the same to me . So stupid .
O How many people wish those selling wedding cakes had your attitude

Best pizza I ever had was Pinocchio's in Cambridge, Mass right outside Harvard Square. A hole in the wall, but an absolute haven on late weekend nights for a starving college student.

Reactions: king ward
It amazes me how it's only an offensive word when the white guy speaks it but when the black guys say it it's just another word or a part of their vocabulary. The word will never die as long as the so called offended ones keep it alive in speech and "music". It's not a word for just some to use it's a word ALL should abandon. If it's so ^#%@ offensive then drop it from your language.

I actually really like it, but there are way better local options
It's ok for chain store pizza. It's probably better than Dominos and Little Caesar's but it's way overpriced considering there are much better options out there.

I actually really like it, but there are way better local options

What city do you live in? Curious. I live in Simpsonville (Five Forks area). For the price, it’s great pizza. I have experienced just about every source of local and franchised pizza around. There are others that may be better, but not by much. When weighing taste vs price, I think it’s good.

Where papa john messed up is giving in. If he woulda just said played the tape and explained himself as being human and therefore not perfect it would have passed in a day or two. By giving in and resigning he made it into a story that grew into a witch hunt. The reality is probably 90% or more of the population has used the word before in some way, shape or form.

Where papa john messed up is giving in. If he woulda just said played the tape and explained himself as being human and therefore not perfect it would have passed in a day or two. By giving in and resigning he made it into a story that grew into a witch hunt. The reality is probably 90% or more of the population has used the word before in some way, shape or form.
Ask Paula Deen. Use that word publicly now, or have it become public that you used it, and you're radioactive, probably for life.

Reactions: rogue cock
As a Clemson fan with a mixed family(White,Black, Native American) I can tell you that my entire family couldn't care less about the name on a building. Those names are in no way hurting or helping anyone when it comes to their ability to receive a quality education. Its a very slippery slope we are standing on the edge of. If you start removing the most ardent racist from buildings where do you draw the line? Do you remove the founding fathers next because they owned slaves? Do we remove Strom Thurmonds name from everything all over the state? What about J Marion Sims? Do we remove his statue from the state house grounds and ignore all the advances he made in medical science because he used slaves for his research? Do we start to judge different levels of racism in the past and decide what is acceptable and who makes that determination?
Put a plaque next to his statue explaining the rest of the story.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
It's not exactly like John Schatnner is a sympathetic figure. He got sued for underpaying his delivery drivers (and had to settle), then complained about giving his employees health insurance because it would drive up the cost of his pizza by 14 cents, then blamed the NFL for slow sales back in November

Last edited:
It amazes me how it's only an offensive word when the white guy speaks it but when the black guys say it it's just another word or a part of their vocabulary. The word will never die as long as the so called offended ones keep it alive in speech and "music". It's not a word for just some to use it's a word ALL should abandon. If it's so ^#%@ offensive then drop it from your language.
To give you some hope, the term "sandlapper" was once considered a very derogatory term for poor coastal South Carolina residents. The term was eventually embraced by those whom it was used against....and it eventually became the nickname for all residents of our state.

To give you some hope, the term "sandlapper" was once considered a very derogatory term for poor coastal South Carolina residents. The term was eventually embraced by those whom it was used against....and it eventually became the nickname for all residents of our state.
Like the term "gay," which does NOT mean homosexual, but was used in a derogatory manner in referring to homosexuals. Homosexuals have co-opted the word and turned it into something positive for them.

Reactions: rogue cock
Guts has nothing to do with it. At the moment its against the law to change the name of the building. Until thats changed the BOTs hands are tied either way so it does no good for students to demand a change.

Guts as in demonstrating publicly and lobbying the legislature to change the law (if necessary) so that the Clemson BOT can take steps to change the name of the building back to what it was before Tillman's name was so carelessly placed on the school's most iconic and recognizable structure.

Reactions: RashCock
I’m sorry I am not a clemson fan but I think it is crazy to judge a person a century later. Beliefs change with the times. I’m not talking necessarily about Ben Tillman, I mean in general. The taking down of statues and trying to erase history never works.

Reactions: atl-cock
Yeah and I remember when "gay" mean happy until it too was hijacked.

As a Clemson fan with a mixed family(White,Black, Native American) I can tell you that my entire family couldn't care less about the name on a building. Those names are in no way hurting or helping anyone when it comes to their ability to receive a quality education. Its a very slippery slope we are standing on the edge of. If you start removing the most ardent racist from buildings where do you draw the line? Do you remove the founding fathers next because they owned slaves? Do we remove Strom Thurmonds name from everything all over the state? What about J Marion Sims? Do we remove his statue from the state house grounds and ignore all the advances he made in medical science because he used slaves for his research? Do we start to judge different levels of racism in the past and decide what is acceptable and who makes that determination?
Screw KKKlempsux.

I’m sorry I am not a clemson fan but I think it is crazy to judge a person a century later. Beliefs change with the times. I’m not talking necessarily about Ben Tillman, I mean in general. The taking down of statues and trying to erase history never works.

Ever been to Berlin? There are no statues of Nazis standing. I took a bike tour several years ago and the guide took us to a non-descript apartment building in old East Berlin built in a utilitarian, Soviet style (read ugly) architecture. In the parking lot there was a grassy patch with overgrown bushes. The guide claimed this was the bunker where Hitler committed suicide. There was no marker or anything to denote this, so I’m still not totally sure I believe our guide.

My point is this - the absence of Nazi recognition via statue or building names does not erase history. I don’t believe anyone is saying it didn’t happen, but the Germans have chosen not to honor people who obviously don’t deserve it. Seems like a reasonable standard.

Ever been to Berlin? There are no statues of Nazis standing. I took a bike tour several years ago and the guide took us to a non-descript apartment building in old East Berlin built in a utilitarian, Soviet style (read ugly) architecture. In the parking lot there was a grassy patch with overgrown bushes. The guide claimed this was the bunker where Hitler committed suicide. There was no marker or anything to denote this, so I’m still not totally sure I believe our guide.

My point is this - the absence of Nazi recognition via statue or building names does not erase history. I don’t believe anyone is saying it didn’t happen, but the Germans have chosen not to honor people who obviously don’t deserve it. Seems like a reasonable standard.
Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who deny the Holocaust happened. :(

If the Papa John's name is inappropriate for Louisville's football stadium, is Schnatter's money tainted, too? If the university believe's Schnatter is a racist, should it accept his money? If it renamed the stadium and returned the money, that would be a statement.

"Oh, I got to give back the money too..."

Sorry that money has been spent... No refunds....

chang_spits_milk_zpsd1sjz8mw.gif

Reactions: mbsurfside
How long will it be until we look at the background of KFC's Colonel Sanders????

The Grandson just opened that door...

Family of KFC’s Colonel Sanders defends him amid Papa John’s racial slur scandal

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/19/fam...-him-amid-papa-johns-racial-slur-scandal.html

The family of KFC’s Colonel Harland Sanders has come to his defense after Papa John’s founder John Schnatter suggested the colonel had used the N-word but hadn’t faced criticism for doing so.

Colonel Sanders’ grandson Trigg Adams told the Louisville Courier Journal on Wednesday that it is “an absolute lie” that Sanders used the racial slur or any other racially offensive words.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...colonel-sanders-family-defends-him/796506002/

Family of KFC founder Col. Sanders blasts 'Papa' John' Schnatter in N-word scandal

Honestly I don't know how the Clemson college sports kids can look themselves in the mirror while the very same College Board, who refuses to denounce his name, is looking down from their plantation porch into the field for their own amusement. Some of these kids are some real sell out, huh? Goes to show morals and dignity is looked the other way when winning and money is involved at any age.

How will Tillman Hall remain in this day and age? Tillman was a violent racist by his own admission, far eclipsing anything that John Schnatter ever said or did.
Louisville being so upright and such a champion for minority rights should gladly give back to Schnatter all the money he gave them. Bet it doesn't happen.

Honestly I don't know how the Clemson college sports kids can look themselves in the mirror while the very same College Board, who refuses to denounce his name, is looking down from their plantation porch into the field for their own amusement. Some of these kids are some real sell out, huh? Goes to show morals and dignity is looked the other way when winning and money is involved at any age.

Thanks for posting what I've been thinking for years on this subject.

I am just glad that USC never had any racists @ our university after the Civil War. Our administrators were all good, clean Christian men and women. None had ever participated in the Confederacy during Civil War. Only the racists from The Citadel and Klempzeunn were old Confederate veterans who were all racists. We were pure as the newly fallen snow. I know all of this because I read it on Wikipedia and CNN.
LOL....you can't read!

The only chain pizza I've eaten recently that was any good was Marco's but I'm a fan of NY style pizza thanks to Danny's Pizza in Murrells Inlet which just opened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT