ADVERTISEMENT

Love Rivera... Cam? Not so much

Never met either of them... guess I'm colored a bit by my love of the '85 Bears. Cam does look like he's having fun, but the pouting during losing season's was a bit immature - even during the 1-loss this year.

Can't stand $cam Newton! Yes, I still dislike him over the issue of him killing us twice against Aub, all under the cloud of pay-for-play.

I will not dispute that he is one HECK of an athlete, and has grown as an NFL QB by leaps and bounds from his rookie year till now. His athleticism, pass zip and accuracy are all very good.

What I really dispise about NFL-Cam is his showboating. A lot of people think it's great, and to each his/her own. For me, I can't stand it (be it him or ANYONE else).

1-Cam is a thief
2) Cam is a cheater (play for pay)
3) The showboating, especially the Superman crap after a first down for the love of God is pathetic.
4) He's a thug.....known for hanging out with real time gangsters in Charlotte

But the people of Charlotte love him. The values of the past are just not the same.

Reactions: ironhead17
1-Cam is a thief
3) The showboating, especially the Superman crap after a first down for the love of God is pathetic.

But the people of Charlotte love him. The values of the past are just not the same.

Sooooo, not a fan.

1-Cam is a thief

giphy.gif

Sooooo, not a fan.

If you hate Cam, you are definitely in the minority. I have come to like him, both as a great QB and a person. His antics are just him having a good time and he never denigrates other players. When he was running all over my Gamecocks, not so much. I now doubt that he knew anything about the money thing.

His little gestures don't hurt anyone and the fans appreciate them. Think about the little kids who get the footballs he gives them. Think about them showing videos of these events to their kids in the future. I have rarely seen kids a happy as when he hands them a ball. I expect their parents must have to make special efforts to get those seats though. Don't know what is involved in that but he is not involved in their tickets. Life is much too short to waste any of it on making your blood boil over someone in a game that you have no real knowledge of.

Go Gamecocks. They played much better tonight and Michael was just spectacular. They need to be much less careless in ball handling if they are to get very far though. Guard play is a weakness.

Last edited:
Can't stand $cam Newton! Yes, I still dislike him over the issue of him killing us twice against Aub, all under the cloud of pay-for-play.

I will not dispute that he is one HECK of an athlete, and has grown as an NFL QB by leaps and bounds from his rookie year till now. His athleticism, pass zip and accuracy are all very good.

What I really dispise about NFL-Cam is his showboating. A lot of people think it's great, and to each his/her own. For me, I can't stand it (be it him or ANYONE else).
I met him once. He stopped and spent time with my nephew and several other children. He could not have been more kind or more cool. He made the day of every child there. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it would be hard to convince me that he's not a good man.

I live in the Charlotte area. I thought he got paid at Allbarn. That being said, he gives lots of money and time to the community. He is gracious to the local media. The showboating I don't like. AS Holtz said, act like you have been there and expect to be there again. However, his results on the field bear fruit. He spoke to the team at halftime against the cards and the team responded. He declined to say what was said at halftime after the game. He just said, we handled it. Seems like he is growing up. Do I think his Dad is dirty...no doubt. Did he know what was going on,,,probably...But water under the bridge. He has done well for the Panthers.

NaturalGC7 said:
1-Cam is a thief

That is so untrue. Cam admits he made a mistake at Florida as a young 19year old. If it is true about the pay for pay( nobody has ever been found guilty) that was instigated by his father not him. I live in Charlotte and Cam does more in the community for under privilege families and kids than almost any other athlete. He actually got an award this year for his contributions off the field. Compare what he does to billionaire Michael Jordan and it doesn't even come close. I can see how the showboating may rub other fans the wrong way but he has put in tremendous work and he is just enjoying the fruits of his labor. As far as being a thug, There has not been one incident of Cam off the field besides the wreck that he had last year. So he may been seen with famous entertainers who you determine are thugs but that doesn't make him a thug. I mean the guy has no piercings or tattoos which is hard to say for most athletes his age.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Well, I guess he's a love him or hate him type of guy... which he sort of brings on himself with the showboating.

Glad to hear he does a lot in the Charlotte area for kids. Would love to know how the "gangsters" are though. What celebs even live in Charlotte? And who of them would be considered "thugs."

1-Cam is a thief

1-Cam is a thief

HatersCool.jpg

Well, I guess he's a love him or hate him type of guy... which he sort of brings on himself with the showboating.

Glad to hear he does a lot in the Charlotte area for kids. Would love to know how the "gangsters" are though. What celebs even live in Charlotte? And who of them would be considered "thugs."

I think NaturalGC7 was just making stuff up about Cam hanging out with gangsters because of his dislike for Cam. I have not heard anything about Cam hanging out with gangsters and I consider myself in the know about rumors in Charlotte. If that were true Jerry Richardson and Ron Rivera would have got wind of this behavior and it would not have been tolerated. I just threw in the hanging out with entertainers because I know Cam is friends with a lot of celebrities who be in and out of Charlotte. Oh by the way, you would be very surprised how many former athletes and celebrities live in Charlotte.

Course Cam hangs with gangsters. How else is he going to help them turn their lives around? You don't influence kids who have made bad decisions to change their way without seeing them in person.

Hanging with "gangsters"? After what happened with Vick & Hernandez the NFL pretty much knows everything and woul
I think NaturalGC7 was just making stuff up about Cam hanging out with gangsters because of his dislike for Cam. I have not heard anything about Cam hanging out with gangsters and I consider myself in the know about rumors in Charlotte. If that were true Jerry Richardson and Ron Rivera would have got wind of this behavior and it would not have been tolerated. I just threw in the hanging out with entertainers because I know Cam is friends with a lot of celebrities who be in and out of Charlotte. Oh by the way, you would be very surprised how many former athletes and celebrities live in Charlotte.
It's laughable. After the Vick and Hernandez fiascos the NFL and any team in it isn't going to let a guy hang around with "gangsters". Let alone a face of the league and a franchise. Who ever said that just doesn't like him.

He's definitely a showboat-type but that's half of the NFL these days. The difference is that he happens to play QB and QBs have typically been more conservative than your WRs, DBs, etc....He's been the most dominant player at the dominant position and barring injury, that's likely to continue for at least another 5 years...Hence, if anyone is going to showboat, it's him and he's earned it. Otherwise, he's a good distance into his career and you hear very little (if anything) negative about the guy off the field. And you can't say that about many of these other on-field showboaters.

Boo hoo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT