ADVERTISEMENT

LSU game 3

With runners at 1st and 3rd an 2 outs, Bride gets caught looking. Never swung the entire at bat.

Two great defensive plays there. JJ throw to 2nd to get the runner stealing then Stokes glove flip to 2nd for the force. Stoke also made an incredible play on the tag to catch the guy stealing.

I turned on the TV to see 4 runs in the top of the fifth! Good luck charm?

What a boneheaded call to pitch to their best hitter in that situation. We were VERY lucky. I thought we learned our lesson with Clemson.

Ugh...I know officials have a hard job, but how do they ever make a call based on seeing something that didn't happen? The foot was clearly on the bag.

Terrible call and usually the umpire would lean toward calling him out just on the great defensive play

Not sure what is replayed and what isn't but why couldn't we go to the booth on that ?

Just a crooked call
Like I said before, as a coach and fan I never mind if the official doesn't make a call because he doesn't see the play (a batter called 'safe' because the ump didn't see the outfielder trap the ball, or a basketball player keeps possession because the ref didn't see him step out of bounds, etc). But I HATE it when they make a call based on them "seeing" something that never happened. The first base ump 'seeing' a foot off the bag when it clearly wasn't drives me crazy.

Two great defensive plays there. JJ throw to 2nd to get the runner stealing then Stokes glove flip to 2nd for the force. Stoke also made an incredible play on the tag to catch the guy stealing.
That was a great play by Stokes for the force out at second base to get out of the inning. South Carolina may have one of the best fielding defense in the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT