ADVERTISEMENT

Martin…

tngamecock#

Sep 10, 2000
Every year he picks a player that shows a bright upside and puts him in the doghouse. This year it’s Gray. I don’t understand it. Minot, Woodley and Benson shouldn’t be first up. They try hard, and can offer some breathable minutes but Gray will be needed. If somehow Leveque leaves after this year, and Gray transfers, we are left wit Minot, Woodley and Benson as our big men.

Today, Gray plays 8 min, has 7 pts and 5 rebounds. Next year we will have some nice guards and no inside game again. Go ahead and flag this post. It will come true. Our roster turned over all the time before the transfer portal became hip.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Didn't know that, my bad
FTR. I still think it was stupid. If it were something really serious (like rape, serial assault, etc.), word would've leaked out about that. And of course, I would NOT have defended that.

EDIT: That was "sexual" assault.

Last edited:
Reactions: 92Pony
FTR. I still think it was stupid. If it were something really serious (like rape, serial assault, etc.), word would've leaked out about that. And of course, I would NOT have defended that.
Every time I hear “athletic department policy”, I see/hear that South African diplomat in Lethal Weapon saying “diplomatic immunity”.

Every year he picks a player that shows a bright upside and puts him in the doghouse. This year it’s Gray. I don’t understand it. Minot, Woodley and Benson shouldn’t be first up. They try hard, and can offer some breathable minutes but Gray will be needed. If somehow Leveque leaves after this year, and Gray transfers, we are left wit Minot, Woodley and Benson as our big men.

Today, Gray plays 8 min, has 7 pts and 5 rebounds. Next year we will have some nice guards and no inside game again. Go ahead and flag this post. It will come true. Our roster turned over all the time before the transfer portal became hip.
He is turning boys into men!

True. Does it give Martin another out?
That is an interesting question. Was wondering it last night. I've quit sharing my opinions about men's basketball for a number of reasons, but if the omicron run persists, I don't see any way they let him go again.

I’ve got a bad feeling that March Madness will not happen again because of the fake news. Every night there are around 20 games not being played.
"Fake news"
My best friend of 35 years who died would like a word with you. He was 47 years old and had zero health issues beforehand. He caught it from coworkers who had the same mindset as you do. His children are lost without their dad. But March madness.... Shameful.

I’ve watched almost every game this year and I don’t see it the same. Woodley has the most upside of any of our bigs. Gray is big and tall but isn’t close to being an instinctive player like Woodley. Woodley has a soft touch around the basket and is more athletic.

That's a lot of people; those cases need to be differentiated; critical thinkers understand that; maybe it will happen sometime in posterity when clinical perspectives might prevail.
You are right they do need to be differentiated. If you talk to the medical people who are doing the recording and catergorizing the strong consensus is that this number is actually too low. Look at CDC annual expected deaths versus real deaths over the time period of COVID. It is much higher than 800,000.

Reactions: USC2USC
You are right they do need to be differentiated. If you talk to the medical people who are doing the recording and catergorizing the strong consensus is that this number is actually too low. Look at CDC annual expected deaths versus real deaths over the time period of COVID. It is much higher than 800,000.
That's one perspective. Information provided by the CDC has been unerringly reliable, as everyone knows. That bit is a projection, not a finding. Until recently, I worked at a funeral home. While so engaged, I knew of two cases where patients had been tested post mortem for Covid. Neither tested positive. One was more than 100 years old who had heart issues. Had they found Covid, he would have become part of the statistics. When you see things like that, skepticism is bound to ensue.

That's one perspective. Information provided by the CDC has been unerringly reliable, as everyone knows. That bit is a projection, not a finding. Until recently, I worked at a funeral home. While so engaged, I knew of two cases where patients had been tested post mortem for Covid. Neither tested positive. One was more than 100 years old who had heart issues. Had they found Covid, he would have become part of the statistics. When you see things like that, skepticism is bound to ensue.
Especially when the flu count suddenly disappeared.

Anecdotal .... A lot more than 800,000 people have died than is projected/expected during Covid. CDC has been running this stat for over 40 years and are always within 1-2% margin of error. Either the grim reaper got extra helpers or there is something to this people dying of Covid. Occam’s razor would preclude the reaper getting extra help

Reactions: GamecockFam
Anecdotal .... A lot more than 800,000 people have died than is projected/expected during Covid. CDC has been running this stat for over 40 years and are always within 1-2% margin of error. Either the grim reaper got extra helpers or there is something to this people dying of Covid. Occam’s razor would preclude the reaper getting extra help
There is something. But what there is will be determined, if ever, at some future time when a truly comprehensive audit supplants a number dump.

Reactions: Lakecock1
There is something. But what there is will be determined, if ever, at some future time when a truly comprehensive audit supplants a number dump.
King it’s not a numbers dump thing...... CDC has been doing this work for over 50 years. They are good at it. If Covid is not responsible for the unprecedented rise in death rate, what is? Some secret QANON assaination ring run by George Soros and James Carville?

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Is $106,000.00 per win a good ROI?
our athletic department is a bad investment. our women winning is great but the return is too low to make a profit, my son works for the University and knows some of the numbers. our mans basketball team has potential to make a profit but with FM it is not possible, this has been proven for several years. no company would continue to invest in our basketball teams.

"Fake news"
My best friend of 35 years who died would like a word with you. He was 47 years old and had zero health issues beforehand. He caught it from coworkers who had the same mindset as you do. His children are lost without their dad. But March madness.... Shameful.
Sorry for your loss and even more sorry for the lack of empathy that has taken over this country.

Reactions: winloseortie
King it’s not a numbers dump thing...... CDC has been doing this work for over 50 years. They are good at it. If Covid is not responsible for the unprecedented rise in death rate, what is? Some secret QANON assaination ring run by George Soros and James Carville?
You're not talking to an anti-vaxxer or anti-masker, so the reactionary characterizations would not apply to me. I'm playing golf right now. I'll get back if I find a need.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I FM Friend and fan, OUCH! Ouch but not inaccurate. Also accurate to say that before the fiasco that was Covid last year FM had the best 5 year run of any USC coach in SEC PLAY. So damn maddening the inconsistency we have ...
I wish we would have gotten more out of it. We should have been in the tournament they year before. Even the final four year we were considered a “bubble team” with 25 wins and NBA talent on the roster.

Reactions: cadcock
That's a lot of people; those cases need to be differentiated; critical thinkers understand that; maybe it will happen sometime in posterity when clinical perspectives might prevail.
Fair, but the most frightening statistic (COVID or not) is that average US life expectancy has dropped by 1.5 years since 2019. That’s pretty scary when you think about it…

And what are those numbers? What are the flu numbers for the last 2 years? You have got to ask questions or you accept everything anyone tells you.
Flu numbers dropped dramatically, because even the original Covid was much more transmissible than flu. With delta and omicron even more infectious flu numbers are still way down

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT