ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Rudolph can sling it.*

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
72Ade-q1.jpg

Reactions: mbsurfside
I wasn't saying you did. I was inferring that you needed to include that comment because the thread wouldn't be complete without it.

Na, somebody will bring it up and say something stupid like "we tried, he was set on leaving the state" which is total BS. Our old staff was lazy , at the end, and was too smart to take advice. The guys that say this are the same group that wanted to give Roper 2 more years and blamed our players for all of our offensive struggles.

Na, somebody will bring it up and say something stupid like "we tried, he was set on leaving the state" which is total BS. Our old staff was lazy , at the end, and was too smart to take advice. The guys that say this are the same group that wanted to give Roper 2 more years and blamed our players for all of our offensive struggles.

Isn't it odd that Clemson didn't recruit him either? Or is it just us? C'mon!

Steve and Junior need to be horse whipped for missing on this guy. Camped here, 4 star, home state. Inexcusable and I hope the Spurreiers are feeling the vibes. Reminds me of FB not recruiting Richard Seymour because he was "too stiff", and Bill Fosters little bunch not recruiting Xavier McDaniel or Ty Corbin. I could understand if "he wanted to get away", but hearing he was "right ther" for the taking.

Steve and Junior need to be horse whipped for missing on this guy. Camped here, 4 star, home state. Inexcusable and I hope the Spurreiers are feeling the vibes. Reminds me of FB not recruiting Richard Seymour because he was "too stiff", and Bill Fosters little bunch not recruiting Xavier McDaniel or Ty Corbin. I could understand if "he wanted to get away", but hearing he was "right ther" for the taking.
Who was it that Tanneyhill wanted us to sign and Lou declined because he played 7-man football, then he signed with Clemson and was a star?

You guys have any archived posts dated before Mason Rudolph signed with OK State or any postings on how we needed to be recruiting him? That would make you look a lot more impressive.

Last edited:
Thanks, I swore i saw where someone said he was at Wake, Oh well, question still stands.
I remember it being a huge debate on the Insider's Forum at the time. As to who said what? My memory is not that good. Some were arguing he was simply a "system" QB, some were arguing he wasn't and was too good to pass on. I guess those who held the latter POV were correct.

Ok. Not defending the previous staff. There were 2 outstanding qbs in S. C football that year with virtually the same stats. One from the Charleston area. Can't remember his name We passed on both. One went to UGA and fell behind in the qb competition. It was obvious he wasn't up to par with the other qbs, He transferred and ended up at Iowa State for his final season this year. Started the season as no. 1. Another guy emerged and finished the season as the starter . So it was 50/50 on those two qbs.Some make it big and some don't. Crap shoot.

Jacob Park is the other, and he failed a drug test, and is transferring from Iowa state as well, if he has somewhere to go.

He has a child and cited pressure for failing the drug test.

Pretty simple why we didn't recruit him. The Rock Hill area has been horrible for us. Can't remember anyone coming from that area working out for us.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT