ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Corral

tngamecock#

Sep 10, 2000
Poor guy just injured his knee in the sugar bowl. Hats off to him as he said he couldn’t dare to leave his teammates without playing. He told his o coordinator he was there to win the game to call whatever needed to be called. Just got sacked from behind and the guy came down on his knee.

They said they were taking him to the x-ray room; here’s hoping it’s an ankle.

I hate those kinds of tackle - where the defender grabs the ball carrier up high on the side, and lays their body into the lower extremities of the ball carrier. It’s not much unlike a horse collar tackle - often ends with similar results.

But yeah; really hate it for Corral, as from what the announcers were saying, he made no bones that opting out wasn’t an option for him. He wanted to play.

Really hope any injury is insignificant.

(And the Fr backup just threw a pick-six on a tipped ball…) Dang.

Man, this game was by far the most appealing game to watch outside of the Playoff. Awful way to see it go down, with Corral getting hurt. Nice win for Baylor, but America has to feel a bit cheated tonight. Would’ve been fun to watch and see what Ole Miss could’ve done with him in there.

Man, this game was by far the most appealing game to watch outside of the Playoff. Awful way to see it go down, with Corral getting hurt. Nice win for Baylor, but America has to feel a bit cheated tonight. Would’ve been fun to watch and see what Ole Miss could’ve done with him in there.
They could have won with him in there. Bad break all the way around.

I commend him for playing in the game and his attitude toward his team and teammates. Unless you have been recently hurt, are injury-prone or are still recovering from an injury, I don`t see how someone can just decide not to play. I know, I know -save your words I`m old school and will stay that way.

I commend him for playing in the game and his attitude toward his team and teammates. Unless you have been recently hurt, are injury-prone or are still recovering from an injury, I don`t see how someone can just decide not to play. I know, I know -save your words I`m old school and will stay that way.
I completely agree with you. The "stars" on the team couldn't do a thing without the lessor players. Some realize this and want to play one last time with their "brothers"! Very glad Matt is OK. I will be a fan of his, no matter who he plays for!

Like it or not, Corral now becomes the poster child for opting out of bowl games. Fortunately his injury wasn’t that bad and he’ll be back to 100%. But next year opting out won’t be because of a theoretical danger - everyone will point to Corral and say there’s a real danger.

Like it or not, Corral now becomes the poster child for opting out of bowl games. Fortunately his injury wasn’t that bad and he’ll be back to 100%. But next year opting out won’t be because of a theoretical danger - everyone will point to Corral and say there’s a real danger.
It would be more compelling if his leg had fallen off.

I agree with the shyte OL and why/how he got hurt. I thought he was holding onto the ball a beat too long in the bowl game...but he definitely had pressure. Sucks for the kid. An absolute stud of an athlete and QB. So under-rated as an athlete. Better athlete than 99% of the QBs in D1 football

So he gets credit for playing in the game "being there for his teammates" but can't continue to play on a sprained ankle? You no opt out guys are a funny bunch.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Not sure I follow this. Yes, he gets credit for finishing the season. But was he supposed to play on the sprained ankle to get more credit or something?
The whole being against opting out crowd talks about loyalty to your team, winning one last game, etc..., I would question a QB more for not at least trying to give it a go on what turned out to be an ankle sprain(not a high one) in what was the biggest game of his career.

The whole being against opting out crowd talks about loyalty to your team, winning one last game, etc..., I would question a QB more for not at least trying to give it a go on what turned out to be an ankle sprain(not a high one) in what was the biggest game of his career.

Okay. I see that reasoning. I personally give him credit for playing, but don't question him for going out with the injury.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT