ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Arky Game Thread

I think calling us gassed is wrong, certainly sloppy, pressing, and almost trying to do too much….
We aren’t gassed though
Umm we scored 19 points the 2nd half. Gassed. Tried to tell ya. I’ve watched way to many basketball games in my day. What sucks is our team next year will probably be way worse. Frank or no Frank. No way we can bring in anybody better in one year. It’s absolutely sad. Hopefully our baseball team will be good but I doubt it. We lost way to many players to have a good team in that sport as well.

Reactions: nikolas22
Stevenson just always seems out of control to me when handling the ball, I hate it but he really need to be getting way less time.

This was a bad one - at what point do we put the mail in the coffin on this thing and see if someone else on staff can salvage a season?

Does Martin run an offensive scheme? It looks like they dribble around and turn the ball over or jack up trash. I'm looking for a coherent strategy or scheme but it looks like guys playing at the YMCA.

Does Martin run an offensive scheme? It looks like they dribble around and turn the ball over or jack up trash. I'm looking for a coherent strategy or scheme but it looks like guys playing at the YMCA.
Exactly. This has been the case for years. Other teams seem to be moving away from the ball screening rolling and cutting.
Our offense is one guy has the ball. 3 others stand and watch. The 5th guy isn’t sure what to do and if the ball handler gets totally tied up he might move towards the ball to relieve it before it’s stolen, sometimes.

the shot before the half was made but was terrible. No clock awareness bad look way behind the line with a full 4 seconds left. But he hit it so the ignorant ego will grow to think that’s a good idea.
It’s street ball is all it is.

we had one good run because Sindarius was just better than most everyone he was against and could almost win by himself with a little rebounding support.

Exactly. This has been the case for years. Other teams seem to be moving away from the ball screening rolling and cutting.
Our offense is one guy has the ball. 3 others stand and watch. The 5th guy isn’t sure what to do and if the ball handler gets totally tied up he might move towards the ball to relieve it before it’s stolen, sometimes.

the shot before the half was made but was terrible. No clock awareness bad look way behind the line with a full 4 seconds left. But he hit it so the ignorant ego will grow to think that’s a good idea.

we had one good run because Sindarius was just better than most everyone he was against and could almost win by himself with a little rebounding support.
Him and that Italian boy.

I'd say Thornwell had a bit more than "a little rebounding support" on that team, but other than that agree 100%. Seems like Martin has always just left it up to his players to figure out their offense. And it worked one time. ONCE.

Reactions: 92Pony
Stevenson just always seems out of control to me when handling the ball, I hate it but he really need to be getting way less time.

This was a bad one - at what point do we put the mail in the coffin on this thing and see if someone else on staff can salvage a season?
I don’t see a change in coaching making a difference this year…it is what it is. This is the team Martin put together!

Our offense is…To pass the ball around the perimeter, until we finally throw it to the other team.

I read somewhere that Martin's buyout is $3 million. If true, that's chump change compared to Muschump's buyout.

More of the same ole shit! One fortunate run to the Final Four does not excuse to continue supporting this staff. Sorry, it is time for Frank to go.
It's truly beyond my comprehension how some continue to support a poor performing coach.

Obviously the FM enablers fail to see how retaining him continues to erode interest from a fans perceptive, and continue with the mantra "We can't get anyone better". They must subscribe to the quote

"The certainty of misery is preferable than the misery of uncertainty".

Reactions: 92Pony
It doesn’t matter, this entire staff is horrible. It’s obvious that there is absolutely no teaching of the game from anyone. No awareness, knowledge of where to be, how to react to opponent schemes, etc. There is not one element that is good with this team. This staff is just here to get a check, like the previous football staff.

And he shot 1 for 12 from the field. Imagine if someone else got some of those shots up. He's the team's leading scorer, but is also tied for last on the entire team in shooting percentage - 34% from the field. The entire team! For a shooting guard! And he tops out at a nice 28% from 3.

I think this is the saddest part of this year's team. Stevenson leads the team in scoring, assists and steals - he's also second on the team in minutes per game. And he's terrible. It tells you all you need to know when your best player couldn't play for anyone else in the conference.

In the short term, Stevenson needs to stop shooting 3's. He hits 43% of his 2-pointers and 93% from the line. He seems fairly athletic - he should be a drive and dish guy that plays good defense. He's not changing who he is at this point - and that's a career 29% 3-point shooter over four seasons.

Appoint Frank some desk job for a year like Fig Newton and then say farewell. That would give him plenty time to find another job. Or just say adios and write the check.

i was expecting Leveque and Carter Jr to score more points. What is even more frustrating is being outscored by 23 points in the second half.

Most all teams just try to keep spacing and throw it around til somebody jacks it up or drives in. It’s not the old-school ball of a well-oiled machine cutting and screening and creating shots anymore. It’s all about the 3. Last night, that’s what Duke did most of the time. The usual. Wisconsin, Illinois, Texas A&M and a few others still run some good stuff. I have not watched the west coast teams. They play too late EST.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT