ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Game Thread vs UGA….

I’ll say this about ETSU that the casual fan may not know. Most years they are good enough to beat some high D1 teams. They’ve had some good players and coaches over the years….sadly probably more history than us.
I'm a Gamecock fan as well as a ETSU fan. I just wish USC would take advantage of the resources available to them.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Look what happens when don't foul every two seconds. But honestly how does Tom Crean still have job?

Reactions: heavycock
That 24-0 run was something else. Nice seeing our guys get hot like that. Not to be a negative nelly after a nice win, but I still say our offense is unsustainable. Pass it inside, kick it out, hope you make the 3 is great when you're hitting shots, but when you go cold and have nothing else to go to it gets ugly quick.

But I digress - great energy 2nd half and nice win - Go Cocks!

If the Gamecocks are going to get anything out of this season, Martin is going to have to get ahold of his emotions and play his best players. Two guys that keyed the run were Couisnard and Bryant. Those two guys obviously have flaws, but they are two of the better guys that we have. To have them as subs playing 12-16 minutes a game makes no sense. Martin is going to life lesson his way out of a job.

If the Gamecocks are going to get anything out of this season, Martin is going to have to get ahold of his emotions and play his best players. Two guys that keyed the run were Couisnard and Bryant. Those two guys obviously have flaws, but they are two of the better guys that we have. To have them as subs playing 12-16 minutes a game makes no sense. Martin is going to life lesson his way out of a job.
Coop, I agree with you. I will admit I was watching until I had enough and tuned it out. Imagine my surprise when i found out we won ! Just an observation, he looks like he knows the road is about to come to a dead end, the staff know it and the players do not play with any fire at all. A change would be good for everyone. Frank is a good man but he isn't giving a good return on investment.

I hope there are not rocks ahead...
If there are, we’ll all be dead! (My favorite movie)

As for my own poetry:
The Cocks had a ball coach named Frank
Whose record for years was just stank
His dumb AD named Ray
Dropped the ball every day
Gave an extension that would cost us much bank.

Reactions: Bubbaglide
If there are, we’ll all be dead! (My favorite movie)

As for my own poetry:
The Cocks had a ball coach named Frank
Whose record for years was just stank
His dumb AD named Ray
Dropped the ball every day
Gave an extension that would cost us much bank.
The extension Martin recieved kept him at his same pay but substantially reduced his buyout and capped it.

Does anyone actually keep up with what is going on at South Carolina? P&C reports on all that goes on.

The extension Martin recieved kept him at his same pay but substantially reduced his buyout and capped it.

Does anyone actually keep up with what is going on at South Carolina? P&C reports on all that goes on.
So…he WASN’T kept around this season because of a huge buy-out?

So…he WASN’T kept around this season because of a huge buy-out?
He was kept around because the SC legislature threatened the funding of the University's request for the medical school and our idiot president couldn't or didn't distinguish between university funding and athletic department funding. They were unrelated but Caslen evidently didn't know. Therefor to preserve the medical school funding the BOT quashed the buyout.....and it wouldn't have made any difference what the amount was.

He was kept around because the SC legislature threatened the funding of the University's request for the medical school and our idiot president couldn't or didn't distinguish between university funding and athletic department funding. They were unrelated but Caslen evidently didn't know. Therefor to preserve the medical school funding the BOT quashed the buyout.....and it wouldn't have made any difference what the amount was.
Frank’s buyout, and more specifically, Muschamp’s buyout made a HUGE difference. If I recall, that’s exactly what one state senator argued at the BOT meeting: that the university had just paid mega-millions to Muschamp, and now wanted to do the same with Martin…AND would come back a year or two later for more state $ for the medical school. Let’s not pretend that Ray didn’t bid against himself more than once to put us in this position.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Honestly, he should've been fired for this alone. What a shining example for how unqualified for the job this was.

Frank’s buyout, and more specifically, Muschamp’s buyout made a HUGE difference. If I recall, that’s exactly what one state senator argued at the BOT meeting: that the university had just paid mega-millions to Muschamp, and now wanted to do the same with Martin…AND would come back a year or two later for more state $ for the medical school. Let’s not pretend that Ray didn’t bid against himself more than once to put us in this position.
And yes, I’m well-aware that some deep-pocketed alum footed most of the bill. That didn’t seem to impress the other decision makers.

Caslen vetoed Muschamp's buyout which is why Tanner raised the money from one or more large donors to buy it out. The university didn't come out-of-pocket for that. Both the president and the BOT have to approve the buyout....BOT did but Caslen did not.

And yes, I’m well-aware that some deep-pocketed alum footed most of the bill. That didn’t seem to impress the other decision makers.
Well when your president can't explain that the primary funding sources and budgets of the university and it's athletic department are separate and have separate funding guidelines and sources, you are going to have those issues when it comes to our not so esteemed legislature.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT