Nov. 26 – vs. Syracuse @
Dec. 1 – Vermont
Dec. 4 – FIU

Dec. 12 – vs. Seton Hall ^
Dec. 17 – at USF
Dec. 21 – Clemson
Dec. 27 – Lander

Dec. 30 – at Memphis

what do you fans think? last yrs schedule was designed to get Frank a contract extension...this one seems more helpful to our tournament hopes...yet we will still need to have a strong conference showing...this schedule is better...but it could be a little stronger imho

Reactions: whythis28
2016-17 South Carolina Men’s Basketball Non-Conference Schedule

Nov. 6 – Newberry (exhibition)
Nov. 11 – Louisiana Tech
Nov. 13 – Holly Cross #
Nov. 15 – Monmouth #
Nov. 18 – SC State #
Nov. 23 – Michigan

Nov. 26 – vs. Syracuse @
Dec. 1 – Vermont
Dec. 4 – FIU

Dec. 17 – at USF
Dec. 21 – Clemson
Dec. 27 – Lander

Dec. 30 – at Memphis

what do you fans think? last yrs schedule was designed to get Frank a contract extension...this one seems more helpful to our tournament hopes...yet we will still need to have a strong conference showing...this schedule is better...but it could be a little stronger imho

Isn't Lander Division 2?

You guys do have some good games in there though.

I definitely like the non-conference schedule. Especially with a lot of those teams making post season play. I think the last year's squad did the best they could with the experience and talent that was available. Having said that, the recruits that FM has put in place allows the team to score from different spots on the floor. There is still a concern with experience, but that seems to always be an issue in basketball.

From the current signings, I truly like the height at the center position and having a true "Stretch-4" in Ran Tut. Also having legitimate scoring threats at the guard/small forward position that we seemed to have difficulty with last year with Duane, Michael and Sindarious being the consistent scorers, with Chat mixed in at times but inconsistent.

I am anxious to see who FM choses to bring off the bench and provide scoring, with Duane possibly starting from day one.

2016-17 South Carolina Men’s Basketball Non-Conference Schedule

Nov. 6 – Newberry (exhibition)
Nov. 11 – Louisiana Tech
Nov. 13 – Holly Cross #
Nov. 15 – Monmouth #
Nov. 18 – SC State #
Nov. 23 – Michigan

Nov. 26 – vs. Syracuse @
Dec. 1 – Vermont
Dec. 4 – FIU

Dec. 17 – at USF
Dec. 21 – Clemson
Dec. 27 – Lander

Dec. 30 – at Memphis

I'd like to know how he was able to swing Michigan coming to CLA? I think that is very impressive for a home and home opportunity. Just having the opportunity to go play basketball (and play well) in Big Ten country would be exciting for me as a player for the MBB team.

FM has put in some work. I would enjoy watching our team play more Big Ten teams on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT