ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Roster without PJ

grippercock

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2001
Quick revisit here now that we know PJ is gone.
Unless I am missing someone or we pick up another player the guys who will play for us this coming season will be:

Guards: Gravett, Felder, Holden & Beatty
Bigs: Silva, Kotsar, Keita, Gueye & Tut
Wings: Doumbia, ????, Haase????, Blanton ????
RS: Cudd

The guards & bigs are set. The wings not so much and I'm not counting on Blanton because he's really never recovered from his injury. I know Haase is listed as a center but he can really shoot the three. On offense he might play a role similar to Notice where he tries to get open looks from 3 when he's in the game. On defense he will play more down low as he's not super quick.

We might use more zone defenses next year with the departures of Notice, Thornwell & PJ but we'll see . They were all good on ball defenders with good size. We will have good defenders at the guard position and down low it's the Wing/SF that is not settled.

We're going to need Felder to take on a much bigger role. He showed a lot of ability this year and we'll need him to run our offense from the PG position and score 10 to 15 points per game. We know Gravett is solid but we're going to need more from him than what he showed this year. I think Beatty has a chance to play a good bit, I think he's more talented than Gravett but no experience.

One thing is for sure, we will be pounding the ball down low a lot this year, get ready Chris & Maik. What worries me is not having guys that can create their own shot and score. We've had Carrera, Thornwell & Dozier the last 2 years, without them we don't win near as much. IOW, how does someone other than Silva or Kotsar get to the rim? Doumbia might be that guy but we haven't seen him play yet. He has the prefect size and is super athletic but it takes more than that. Can he put the ball on the floor without turning it over, can he shoot a pull up 12 footer, can he shoot free throws, etc. We know one thing he can do and that's dunk a basketball, go check him out on youtube.

With all of this said, I think we'll have a good season, how good? We'll see. We still have FM so we should be pretty good.

Reactions: tjcock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News