ADVERTISEMENT

Mighty BRAVES Blow 4 Run Advantage......

Braves?
giphy.gif

They have 2 to get 1. That's better than the other. Considering the rag tag pitching the Braves had out there. That was the big chance. The only good pitcher they used was Minter and was not sharp at all. Fried is overdue to have a good outing. Astro bullpen beside their closer has been used.

They have 2 to get 1. That's better than the other. Considering the rag tag pitching the Braves had out there. That was the big chance. The only good pitcher they used was Minter and was not sharp at all. Fried is overdue to have a good outing. Astro bullpen beside their closer has been used.
I concur with the statement by Smoltz after game. He mentioned what team would strike early that will make the manager have to adjust. I'm hoping the Astro bats come alive back in Houston. Life long Astro fan!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: usc1855 and will110
Yes, because the Braves not winning in the playoffs in the 90s is directly related to these Braves losing last night, and it had nothing to do with pitching or the Astros being a really good team that’s tough to beat three games in a row 🙄

We just threw 2 bullpen games in 4 and 5. If you told me we lose Morton in Game 1 for the series, have 2 bullpen games in ATL, and go back to Houston up 3-2, I'd have taken that all day.
Exactly. I’m frankly amazed the Braves have been able to stay in this thing, let alone have a 3-2 given what happened with Morton. They have essentially had three bullpen games. I’m also hoping the hitters calm down and stop swinging at so many balls. It looked to me like everyone was just too amped up last night, hoping to win it at home. Go Braves!

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Exactly. I’m frankly amazed the Braves have been able to stay in this thing, let alone have a 3-2 given what happened with Morton. They have essentially had three bullpen games. I’m also hoping the hitters calm down and stop swinging at so many balls. It looked to me like everyone was just too amped up last night, hoping to win it at home. Go Braves!
The last couple innings I think it was the opposite, once the Astros got the lead, it was like someone pulled the plug on the hitters. The spark from the first few innings left and some looked tired and ready to go on to the next game.

The Braves are set up nicely to win this series. They now have their top two starters, Fried and Anderson, ready to go on regular rest. With the exception of Minter, the rest of the bullpen will be well rested.

The Astros played well last night. Tip of the cap to them. The Braves knew it was going to be tough to win two consecutive bullpen games.

Had Morton not been injured in game one, they probably hoist the trophy yesterday. Still have an excellent chance to do so.

The Braves are set up nicely to win this series. They now have their top two starters, Fried and Anderson, ready to go on regular rest. With the exception of Minter, the rest of the bullpen will be well rested.

The Astros played well last night. Tip of the cap to them. The Braves knew it was going to be tough to win two consecutive bullpen games.

Had Morton not been injured in game one, they probably hoist the trophy yesterday. Still have an excellent chance to do so.
I appreciate this encouraging post. As a fan of Georgia sports, we're always waiting for the collapse. I fear it was last night and I don't see us winning two in Houston. Hope to be back here in a few days to eat these words.

Mortons loss, pitching rotation musical chairs and risky in season roster management. If you are 3-2 after all those challenges, you should feel pretty good. I'm impressed by the Braves organization.

I'll be more impressed after a win in one of the next two.
"uscmustwin" is once again "fowl_mood"

Minter returned to the Minter we all now. Smiley was his usual self. AA needs to go out next year and get some relievers including a closer. Smith give me a bad case of nerves when he comes in. All said, we have an excellent chance to win one of two in Houston. We did it a week ago. That's all we need. I will take Max on the mound for the win.

I appreciate this encouraging post. As a fan of Georgia sports, we're always waiting for the collapse. I fear it was last night and I don't see us winning two in Houston. Hope to be back here in a few days to eat these words.
The Braves are the team of the Southeast. Unlike the northeast and midwest they are and have always been the only mlb in close proximity. I find it interesting that now with the success ga folks are claiming them as their own
No biggie but Ted Turner did know one thing when he put them on TBS and called them America's team. They would be smart to stay that course with the marketing.

Well the Braves only need to one in Houston. Max didn’t look to good in his last outing but I still think he gives them the best chance to win.

Ozzie has to hit and quit swinging at bad pitches. The Astros pitching is not fearful. The Astros could not take batting practice outside the first two games because of the weather. I’d give a slight edge to the Braves. Fried is due to pitch a good one. Minter walked the worst hitter in baseball after an intentional pass to get to him. D@#n Grienke, a pitcher, gets a pinch hit single. Crazy things happen in playoff baseball.
GO BRAVES !!!

The Braves are the team of the Southeast. Unlike the northeast and midwest they are and have always been the only mlb in close proximity. I find it interesting that now with the success ga folks are claiming them as their own
No biggie but Ted Turner did know one thing when he put them on TBS and called them America's team. They would be smart to stay that course with the marketing.
Agreed. I'm a Georgia boy... born and raised. I live near Winston Salem NC now and I see Braves fans everywhere up here.

Negative, the overwhelming opinion was that it was advantage Astros. Just because the braves won doesn’t charge that. Just means they overcame the disadvantage.
Uh no. The Astros had to win both games. The braves only one of two. Your opinion does not make it an overwhelming one. The braves had a full rest pitcher for last night. The Astros went with a short rest one. It showed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT