ADVERTISEMENT

Moved my daughter into Sims today!

My wife and I moved my daughter into her dorm room today! Very proud that she is attending my alma mater and that she is starting her BioMedical Engineering studies soon. She's there early because it is Sorority rush week or something. We saw a bunch of excited Freshman down there today ---what a great time in their lives. GO GAMECOCKS!

Moving my daughter into the Honors Dorm on Sunday.... same location I started out in ..only then it was the Honeycombs without a Starbucks

My wife and I moved my daughter into her dorm room today! Very proud that she is attending my alma mater and that she is starting her BioMedical Engineering studies soon. She's there early because it is Sorority rush week or something. We saw a bunch of excited Freshman down there today ---what a great time in their lives. GO GAMECOCKS!

Well, congratulations to her and I wish her the very best.

Reactions: king ward
Moving my daughter into the Honors Dorm on Sunday.... same location I started out in ..only then it was the Honeycombs without a Starbucks

I lived in Douglas for 4 years. When were the Honeycombs ever an "Honors Dorm"?

I lived in Douglas for 4 years. When were the Honeycombs ever an "Honors Dorm"?

The Honeycombs were leveled and upon its ashes were built a luxurious Honors Dorm.. I actually lived in Douglas as well my freshman year

Reactions: NetworkX

We had a female co-op, that was in the honors program at USC that worked with us for a couple of summers before I retired. She was extremely bright and everyone that worked with her said that someday she will be a CEO of a company. So, everything I've ever heard about the honors program at USC has been very positive.

Lived in Snowden 77-80. Loved Big Bird across street. Little pizza place next door had a killer calzone. That and a drink for less than $2.50. My how times have changed.

I lived in Honors Dorm in the 2011-12 school year. Nice digs. Honors Program is truly top notch. Incredible opportunities

Ironically, my dad lived in the Honeycombs as well. Crazy to see things come full circle

Moore, 72-74. Bates West, 74-77. Above the Nickelodeon, 77-79. Somebody mentioned the place with the calzones. It was Mauro's. Those things were GREAT. And it was right across from the law school.

Daughter lived in Honors Dorm in 2011-12, then in Rutledge from 2012-2015.

Reactions: NetworkX
Oh hell...that building was named after J Marion Sims . . . I wonder if they'll tear that down along with his statue at the State House?

To Quote Animal House, the Honeycombs was the site of "individual acts of perversion SO profound and disgusting that decorum prohibits listing them here."

Shame on you! SHAME! You're right, of course, but someone has to speak up for the 'Animals of the 60's & 70's in the Honeycombs'! :D

To Quote Animal House, the Honeycombs was the site of "individual acts of perversion SO profound and disgusting that decorum prohibits listing them here."

Shame on you! SHAME! You're right, of course, but someone has to speak up for the 'Animals of the 60's & 70's in the Honeycombs'! :D

Thank God I don't have to worry about her winding up at the CockPit ... lol

Reactions: bascock
Lived in Snowden 77-80. Loved Big Bird across street. Little pizza place next door had a killer calzone. That and a drink for less than $2.50. My how times have changed.

I'm sure our paths crossed. I was in 508 Douglas all 4 years Fall '77-Spring '81. My balcony faced 7-11, Big Bird, Stuffy's, Mauro's Pizza, and the laundromat with the pool hall below around the corner. So convenient for a lot of reasons. Mauro's had the great calzones!

In '77, there was a sub shop (Sammy's) on Assembly St. on the corner of the Holiday Inn which later became the Sheraton if I recall. The university bought it for a dorm at some point. Anyway, do any of you remember Sammy's? He had the most amazing pastrami sandwiches, and $1.50-$1.75 pitchers of beer. We used to hit Sammy's before basketball games at the Coloseum. Good times.

I was in moore in 87....son moving in honors dorm in same footprint tuesday......he is glad he turned down uva....not that it was uva's fault....but gonna be a little tense there for awhile.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay

Heyyy, I was in the honeycombs in 62-63. Dormitory L back then. My freshman year was the first year L was opened. We thought it was luxury because we had phones in the rooms.

I have to say that my term in room 129 Preston was a lot wilder than the honeycomb.

Moore 80 - 84 here. So yeah, I remember all those places...Mauro's, DSP, The Big Bird, Pappy's, etc. Those were the days!

Congratulations to your daughter and hope she enjoys her time at Carolina. I was a freshman 50 years ago (1967) and lived in Phi Kappa Sigma house as an independent my first semester as my housing application came in late. Lived in Honeycombs second semester.

Awesome hope she enjoys her freshman year. I moved my daughter into Lincoln 650 for summer school. she seems to love it.

In 1977, the drinking age was 18, and every hall was allocated $xxx.00 for 1 party per semester. Our 2nd party (spring semester), we put up flyers all over the campus. As expected turnout was overwhelming, and we went through 5 kegs in record time. We took up a collection 3 times, and went to the 5 Points beer shop (can't recall the name) to buy 5 more kegs each time. 20 kegs later, the party was still going on at 3 AM. Was the best one I attended at USC, and I went to quite a few. They started phasing out hall parties by my Jr. year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT