ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp Contract Extension

Bongsummers

Nov 12, 2006
Ray Tanner is worried that someone will come in and steal Muschamp.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...h-carolina/usc-football/article223207080.html

“I don’t want to be in a situation where I worry about him leaving. I’ll just leave it at that,” Tanner said then. “I really respect and admire the way that coach Muschamp runs his program. We are doing very well in football.”

This is a quote the day after the Clemson game.

Ray Tanner is worried that someone will come in and steal Muschamp.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...h-carolina/usc-football/article223207080.html

“I don’t want to be in a situation where I worry about him leaving. I’ll just leave it at that,” Tanner said then. “I really respect and admire the way that coach Muschamp runs his program. We are doing very well in football.”

This is a quote the day after the Clemson game.
"We are doing very well in football."

Calm down there, Ray. Last I checked we had a better football record last year. The offense appears to be improving but that's about it. I do like the recruiting class coming in. But I wouldn't worry about anyone stealing Muschamp away as a head coach. That's concerning if Ray is throwing out raises for mediocre production and is worried about losing Muschamp. Will must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
"We are doing very well in football."

Calm down there, Ray. Last I checked we had a better football record last year. The offense appears to be improving but that's about it. I wouldn't worry about anyone stealing Muschamp away as a head coach
It's an indicator of what our standard is going to be around here in football. It's inadequate.

Muschamp has a better record in the 1st three years than Holts, Spurrier, or Dabo.......damn dude give the coach a chance.......He was left with nothing.....
You are wasting your time. He simply does not like Muschamp....we should've hired unnamed SuperCoach.

1. Muschamp is doing a great job. I wasn't happy when we hired him but I am now. Our program is absolutely headed in the right direction. Those who only point to the record are short sighted. We had luck on our side in 17 and won more games than we should have. This year we had every bounce go against us and we still put together a good (but not great) season. This year very easily could have turned into a Tennessee type dumpster fire but the team fought hard and got 7 going on 8 wins. Then when you add in all of the returning injured players and our strong class coming in we are looking at second place in the SEC East and a top 20 season next year.
2. You have to do this for recruiting. Otherwise other coaches would use it against us saying Muschamp won't be around for long. It also acts as good marketing because it makes it look like other schools are trying to steal Muschamp. Whether that is true or not doesn't matter. Perception is reality.

Do I think he deserves an extension or raise, no, I don't think mediocrity should be rewarded. But in the end I don't care about extensions or raises as long as the buyout has not increased on our end.
Yeah we don't want to get into a situation like Gus and Allbarn are in!

Reactions: Jpcooper
Ray got used and abused by 3 coaches, all of whom shared the same agent, when he hired Muschamp. Nobody was interested in hiring Muschamp as a head coach then, and nobody is interested in coming in and stealing him now.

Ray was a heckuva baseball coach, but he is in way over his head as an AD. You do not reward mediocrity. Who have we beaten that was highly ranked at the time we played them? Nobody!

You are wasting your time. He simply does not like Muschamp....we should've hired unnamed SuperCoach.

Champ is what...?.....1 for 412 in beating top 25 teams?

At SOME POINT you are forced to do the math. A simple good luck / bad luck scenario would have him closer to 50 / 50 in wins and losses in those games. Winning only ONE indicates he cannot coach to save his life and it cannot be spun any other way.

Now, throw in the inexcusable and unacceptable losses to UK and the writing is on the wall. I'll say it again: Neither Ray nor Champ will be here in 2 years because the fact of the matter is neither one of them can get it done. Sunshine pump away....doesn't change the facts.

Last edited:
So, what were your expectations?
His expectations are more realistic after 3 years than yours are. Tanner must not be reading your posts because Muschamp got an extension and he didn't call you once. You want everybody fired and start over so you can whine about that new coach too. Do you live your life this way too man?

1. Muschamp is doing a great job. I wasn't happy when we hired him but I am now. Our program is absolutely headed in the right direction. Those who only point to the record are short sighted. We had luck on our side in 17 and won more games than we should have. This year we had every bounce go against us and we still put together a good (but not great) season. This year very easily could have turned into a Tennessee type dumpster fire but the team fought hard and got 7 going on 8 wins. Then when you add in all of the returning injured players and our strong class coming in we are looking at second place in the SEC East and a top 20 season next year.
2. You have to do this for recruiting. Otherwise other coaches would use it against us saying Muschamp won't be around for long. It also acts as good marketing because it makes it look like other schools are trying to steal Muschamp. Whether that is true or not doesn't matter. Perception is reality.
I'll reserve that praise for when he starts beating ranked teams and challenging for the East.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT